flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jan 27, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #20,866 of 39,414
Jan 27, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #20,867 of 39,414
Jan 27, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #20,868 of 39,414
great i will read it, although iems with short stems worry me getting proper fit. so far all iems with short stems are a struggle for me
I mentioned that in the review - I got a good fit but poor seal. Had to experiment with a few tips to get the right insertion

Jan 27, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #20,869 of 39,414
I mentioned that in the review - I got a good fit but poor seal. Had to experiment with a few tips to get the right insertion
also red flag to me is when u mentioned the synergy of ak sp1000m how u thought it affected the mids, i can see how this will play out on my ibasso dx220 already, i think calyx m will be best suit for this iem

u must buy a calyx m, buy it if u do not like it, I will compensate you 2 usd :)

i bet you if u buy the calyx m u will buy a spare unit as well as its a collector dap now, jaben has them for 450 usd brand new

look at my profile of daps I own or owned, calyx m beats them all period

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #20,870 of 39,414
also red flag to me is when u mentioned the synergy of ak sp1000m how u thought it affected the mids, i can see how this will play out on my ibasso dx220 already, i think calyx m will be best suit for this iem

u must buy a calyx m, buy it if u do not like it, I will compensate you 2 usd :)

i bet you if u buy the calyx m u will buy a spare unit as well as its a collector dap now, jaben has them for 450 usd brand new

look at my profile of daps I own or owned, calyx m beats them all period
The 1000M is a relatively bright source, or at least treble/upper mid lifted to put it that way. Most of my gear actually doesn’t work that well with it, which is why I’m considering a WM1Z

I wouldn’t say it’s a terrible combination, but compared to the Hugo2 most stuff sound terrible haha..

Jan 27, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #20,871 of 39,414
The 1000M is a relatively bright source, or at least treble/upper mid lifted to put it that way. Most of my gear actually doesn’t work that well with it, which is why I’m considering a WM1Z

I wouldn’t say it’s a terrible combination, but compared to the Hugo2 most stuff sound terrible haha..
ok this is how it is, i ask u to buy the calyx m and to trust me on this, and if you will end up not liking it , i will quit head fi period , this is how confident I am about my rec

Jan 27, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #20,872 of 39,414
ok this is how it is, i ask u to buy the calyx m and to trust me on this, and if you will end up not liking it , i will quit head fi period , this is how confident I am about my rec
I’ve heard terrible stuff about the UI and battery life though... the DX220 already pisses me off with its UI so I can’t imagine the fury I’ll feel for the Calyx haha

Jan 27, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #20,873 of 39,414
I’ve heard terrible stuff about the UI and battery life though... the DX220 already pisses me off with its UI so I can’t imagine the fury I’ll feel for the Calyx haha
forget ui and battery stuff, I am recommending to you ultimate audio bliss like you never heard before, so the battery and ui yes they suck, what i am offering you is 4 hours of ultimate audio bliss period

if there is anyone who gets pissed from bad battery and UI its me, but the sound i get from clayx m made me forget all this , as to me those 4 hours of ultimate audio bliss is more important than UI and battery

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #20,874 of 39,414
forget ui and battery stuff, I am recommending to you ultimate audio bliss like you never heard before, so the battery and ui yes they suck, what i am offering you is 4 hours of ultimate audio bliss period

if there is anyone who gets pissed from bad battery and UI its me, but the sound i get from clayx m made forget all this non sense, as to me those 4 hours of ultimate audio bliss is more important than UI and battery
I can't do that though I'd end up hanging myself because of the sheer rage :D

Jan 27, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #20,875 of 39,414
I can't do that though I'd end up hanging myself because of the sheer rage :D
well i tried and be head fi my witness, i offered you a musical heaven experience and you chose hell :)

Jan 27, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #20,876 of 39,414
well i tried and be head fi my witness, i offered you a musical heaven experience and you chose hell :)
I would get one if I get the chance to try it first at a canjam or a tour or whatever, but no chance I'm blind buying something with this many issues fam

Jan 27, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #20,877 of 39,414
I would get one if I get the chance to try it first at a canjam or a tour or whatever, but no chance I'm blind buying something with this many issues fam
its not manufactured anymore, so what is left are just remaining pieces at jaben

Jan 27, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #20,878 of 39,414
The QP2R is the best sounding DAP I've ever heard...but the terrible UI and physical interface were a dealbreaker.

Jan 27, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #20,879 of 39,414
The QP2R is the best sounding DAP I've ever heard...but the terrible UI and physical interface were a dealbreaker.
The secret to that DAP is not to use the scroll wheel. I have zero UI issues or hiccups, but you can't use the scroll wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back