flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Nov 5, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #18,616 of 39,414
I equate lushness to a smooth, rich, wet, washes-over-you kind of sound. It usually comes from a more relaxed top-end, as well as a raised, linear, lightly saturated midrange. It isn't usually as exciting or electric with uptempo music because of a lack of a contrast between the low-mids and treble, but lusher signatures tend to be more tonally accurate; just as a rule of thumb, of course.
Thanks !

Nov 5, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #18,617 of 39,414

Not quite a TOTL IEM, but for those looking for a bit of lushness in the mids, the A&K / JH Audio Diana sounds like liquid chocolate with the N6ii/A01 setup. Supposed to be getting through some other reviews, but the Diana is capturing a lot of my time at the moment. Great sounding IEM for rock, blues and acoustic. The tone on string instruments is just fantastic to my ears.

Nov 5, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #18,618 of 39,414
Anyone who has the itsFit Fusion care to comment on cable pairings? Mine will probably arrive in 3-4 weeks, so needless to say it is time for me to start stressing about it. Thinking about an EA Cleopatra. Or my Labkable Pandora. Maybe even the Athena since they're made in the same country? :)

-Collin-

Nov 5, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #18,619 of 39,414
Not quite a TOTL IEM, but for those looking for a bit of lushness in the mids, the A&K / JH Audio Diana sounds like liquid chocolate with the N6ii/A01 setup. Supposed to be getting through some other reviews, but the Diana is capturing a lot of my time at the moment. Great sounding IEM for rock, blues and acoustic. The tone on string instruments is just fantastic to my ears.

Agreed. I absolutely loved the Diana when I auditioned it in Japan. It was basically like an American MH334. :D

Anyone who has the itsFit Fusion care to comment on cable pairings? Mine will probably arrive in 3-4 weeks, so needless to say it is time for me to start stressing about it. Thinking about an EA Cleopatra. Or my Labkable Pandora. Maybe even the Athena since they're made in the same country? :)

-Collin-

I forgot to mention that the Fusion's bass response is also somewhat cable-dependent, though not to the degree of the soundstage. Among the cables I've tried it with, the Cleopatra is the one that most brought the lows for me; sub-bass, especially. Han Sound Audio's 8-wire Aegis gives it the largest soundstage, but its signature is more refined and laid-back in comparison to the Cleopatra. The 4-wire Aegis is what you want if you wanna emphasise the contrast between the bass and treble; almost a V-shaped or W-shaped response.

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #18,624 of 39,414
Another day, another TOTL review lol. Say hello to FiiO's finest.

https://www.headphonesty.com/2019/11/review-fiio-fh7/

FH7-05.jpg

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #18,625 of 39,414
@Deezel177, will you consider the Dita OSLO cable to be a good match with the ItsFit Fusion?

Cheers,
Arcmagi

Hey Arcmagi,

As long as you don't mind your mids a bit more neutrally-positioned, I think the OSLO is a wonderful match with the Fusion. It especially adds texture to the low-mids, which the Fusion greatly benefits from.

Nov 6, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #18,626 of 39,414
Hey Arcmagi, As long as you don't mind your mids a bit more neutrally-positioned, I think the OSLO is a wonderful match with the Fusion. It especially adds texture to the low-mids, which the Fusion greatly benefits from.

Great to hear, I just hope my Oslo's fat pins make it into the Fusion's socket :expressionless:

Nov 6, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #18,627 of 39,414
Kinda hyped up by the itsFit train and currently smacking myself for not knowing about them when I was in Hanoi 2 weeks back:sob:

Anyone can compare the Fusion and Massdrop X EE Zeus? Zeus currently on sale at 750, pretty tempting

Nov 6, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #18,628 of 39,414
Great to hear, I just hope my Oslo's fat pins make it into the Fusion's socket :expressionless:

They should. itsfit's pins are on par with 64 Audio's in terms of compatibility for me. The Fusion and A6t are my only two IEMs that take literally any pins and stay secure doing it. :wink:

Nov 7, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #18,629 of 39,414
Something came in the mail today...

Image d’iOS (51).jpg

Image d’iOS (50).jpg

This is going to be a fun and busy two weeks :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back