flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Nov 12, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #13,142 of 39,414
I think one of my ear canals gets larger and smaller throughout the day. My left ear either feels tighter or looser, usually looser in the evening from taking out and putting iems in over and over again. The difference is quite drastic though, it's kind of alarming.

Nov 12, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #13,143 of 39,414
I think one of my ear canals gets larger and smaller throughout the day. My left ear either feels tighter or looser, usually looser in the evening from taking out and putting iems in over and over again. The difference is quite drastic though, it's kind of alarming.
Unless you're using ciems, it could be the softening up of your ear tips throughout the day. When I use foam, for instance, I sometimes find that one side feels softer than the other after use.

Nov 12, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #13,145 of 39,414
-
ciems here, but that ear didn't fit well from day 1

I had similar CIEM experience, though it was more day-to-day. I have read the ear canal can change slightly from humidity, temperature, weight, jaw shifting around etc- there's probably a sweet spot for custom fitting that is minimally affected, but if you don't get lucky it could take many refits to find, and maybe some of us just change too much to be viable? I also never really noticed how often I take my IEMs out to talk or hear something until I was using CIEM- so I decided CIEM just isn't for me (maybe try silicone or UE 3d scanning someday).

Nov 12, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #13,146 of 39,414
Unless you're using ciems, it could be the softening up of your ear tips throughout the day. When I use foam, for instance, I sometimes find that one side feels softer than the other after use.

If it's your rear canal it's normal.

tenor.gif

Nov 12, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #13,147 of 39,414
Yep I had a good seal... No it was K10 universal.
Maybe my ears were tired at the end of the day I had listened to a lof of things, I don't remember which cable was plugged to it...
K10u were mine.
The cable plugged in was an YY Pro Tucana.
Maybe you shoud have a try again, but this time, at the beginning of the meeting :wink:
I don’t think we are looking for the same sound, the same signature...
But when I read your post, I think (just like cocolinho) that you are talking about Kaiser Encore.

Nov 12, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #13,148 of 39,414
Nov 13, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #13,150 of 39,414
K10u were mine.
The cable plugged in was an YY Pro Tucana.
Maybe you shoud have a try again, but this time, at the beginning of the meeting :wink:
I don’t think we are looking for the same sound, the same signature...
But when I read your post, I think (just like cocolinho) that you are talking about Kaiser Encore.

Will do, I'll also do more tip rolling because they sounded hollow and distant I am wondering :p

Nov 13, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #13,151 of 39,414
And my next review will be... Final Audio Make 2, not a TOTL but an interesting customizable signature DIY concept with over 800 possible combinations (that's probably way too much but the system looks very interesting. A possible FLC8 contender!

In the lineup the Make 2 is the hybrid probably the E5000 driver with a BA. Make 1 is a triple BA with a simpler tuning system. Make 3 is a mono BA and the cheapest in the line up.

oRKJtyutCh6qp7I0ruVpepFeg5jq6x.png

The tuning guide is also quite interesting and will force me to dig into the basics of tuning IEMs, fun times ahead :)
Please share your config after you accidentally make a better iem than the solaris :wink:

Nov 13, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #13,152 of 39,414
Please share your config after you accidentally make a better iem than the solaris :wink:

I'll share my impressions and prefered configs, but don't hold your breath on it being a top contender :wink:
I like the idea of toying with signatures and dig into understanding sound better... I see Final Make 2 as a playground / lab and I loved the E5000 so I am pretty interested at what Final came up with there, the first hybrid if I am not mistaken.

Nov 13, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #13,154 of 39,414
Will do, I'll also do more tip rolling because they sounded hollow and distant I am wondering :p
Tip rolling might be a good option indeed :)
I'll be curious to see if tenmaks can be replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back