flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Nov 10, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #13,111 of 39,411
Professor Mim is just teaching everyone about hypothetical sex and Danny boi decided to drop this wooden bomb on his face...
(*Slap?)

Hmm, I interpretted it differently. All this Mim's talk gave someone a woody :p

Nov 10, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #13,112 of 39,411
Hmm, I interpretted it differently. All this Mim's talk gave someone a woody :p
At least someone is being honest.
attachment.php

Nov 10, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #13,113 of 39,411
As promised, here are the photo's of our new listening rooms... at Hifi Solutions!
This where to old rooms...
Untitled.JPG

And here are the new rooms!!
All the rooms have acoustic treatments after measurements from a dutch company called Rivasono..

PB1060831024.jpg

In this room we can demo Devialet Phantoms and a Meridian System. The black timeline, red art on the wall, and grey panels are acoustic panels.

PB106056_1024.jpg

In this room Rivasono created a acoustic ceiling with wood and dimmable lights.. The panel in the rear is a photo I took one day on the Tioga Pass, behind this photo is acoustic treatment! Here we build up " medium' systems :)

PB106069_1024.jpg

This is our 'high-end' room, every wall treatment is new. Here we can demo "bigger" systems..
What do think?

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #13,114 of 39,411
Some lovely designed (truly something to be proud of imo) new listening rooms above :thumbsup:

Hmmm, maybe I should move in (with my 2 kids) in the 'Tioga Pass view' one :thinking:
How much was the rent again?

Nov 10, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #13,117 of 39,411
As promised, here are the photo's of our new listening rooms... at Hifi Solutions!

All the rooms have acoustic treatments after measurements from a dutch company called Rivasono..

In this room we can demo Devialet Phantoms and a Meridian System. The black timeline, red art on the wall, and grey panels are acoustic panels.

In this room Rivasono created a acoustic ceiling with wood and dimmable lights.. The panel in the rear is a photo I took one day on the Tioga Pass, behind this photo is acoustic treatment! Here we build up " medium' systems :)

This is our 'high-end' room, every wall treatment is new. Here we can demo "bigger" systems..
What do think?
WOW!! Makes me want to visit. Once I visit and hear the systems, you might have difficulty in removing me from those rooms. :wink:

Nov 10, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #13,118 of 39,411
For those who like earbuds. This combo is nice.

I see David Sylvian and I'm sold. What are those earbuds?

Sylvian related: Yesterday I had an orgasmic experience listening Rain Tree Crow album with my UE18+Pro and WM1A. The first CD release have impressive dynamics and a good amount of details and textures.

Nov 10, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #13,119 of 39,411
These earbuds are from moondrop audio , right ,?

Sylvian related: Yesterday I had an orgasmic experience listening Rain Tree Crow album with my UE18+Pro and WM1A. The first CD release have impressive dynamics and a good amount of details and textures.

Yes these are the Liebesleid from Moondrop with 4.4 connector. They sound very nice to me, and their open, fluid sound suits David Sylvian perfectly.

Nov 10, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #13,120 of 39,411

Yes these are the Liebesleid from Moondrop with 4.4 connector. They sound very nice to me, and their open, fluid sound suits David Sylvian perfectly.

Didn't catch that. Coincidentally, have been on a bit of a Japan kick lately. Y'all familiar with Ian William Craig? I was listening to this the other night and was struck by Blemish-ish Sylvain vibes.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #13,122 of 39,411

What do think?
Looks awesome Rick! Can't wait to come by and see it/hear it in real life.

Nov 11, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #13,123 of 39,411

What do think?

I want to come back!

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #13,124 of 39,411
Looks awesome Rick! Can't wait to come by and see it/hear it in real life.

Erik, you are most welcome, whenever you are ready!!

I want to come back!

Hee Victor, I hope to CU again any time soon!
Please and don't forget bring ...Sarah !!!

Nov 11, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #13,125 of 39,411
And my next review will be... Final Audio Make 2, not a TOTL but an interesting customizable signature DIY concept with over 800 possible combinations (that's probably way too much but the system looks very interesting. A possible FLC8 contender!

In the lineup the Make 2 is the hybrid probably the E5000 driver with a BA. Make 1 is a triple BA with a simpler tuning system. Make 3 is a mono BA and the cheapest in the line up.

oRKJtyutCh6qp7I0ruVpepFeg5jq6x.png

The tuning guide is also quite interesting and will force me to dig into the basics of tuning IEMs, fun times ahead :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back