flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Nov 20, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #13,217 of 39,414
Anyone see the recent email from Noble? It’s a new hybrid with DD, four BA and piezo tweeter...reminds me of one of my favorite IEMs of all time, the Hyla CE-5. Thinking I may need this given how much I love the Katana. Noble has really impressed me with their tuning.

I’d be all over the Trinity, but I just bought the Flamenco. I have to date her for a little while before moving up to her hotter, wilder sister. So to speak :)

-Collin-

Nov 20, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #13,219 of 39,414
Anyone see the recent email from Noble? It’s a new hybrid with DD, four BA and piezo tweeter...reminds me of one of my favorite IEMs of all time, the Hyla CE-5. Thinking I may need this given how much I love the Katana. Noble has really impressed me with their tuning.

I’d be all over the Trinity, but I just bought the Flamenco. I have to date her for a little while before moving up to her hotter, wilder sister. So to speak :)

-Collin-
Is hybrid-hybrid the new trend? I think I will let that run its course a bit just to see if these more complicated setups actually work. Even DD/BA hybrids seem to not always be fully coherent. Still interesting stuff though... I am a gear-head after all. :D

I remember seeing some of Daniel's comments on the treble of the Trinity being a little hot indeed, might need something to cool that down a bit.

Nov 20, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #13,220 of 39,414
I just checked Jomo's website. So the Trinity is double electrostat tweeter, quad BA and one dynamic driver. Since electrostat tweeters have been put for barely a few months, this had been developed very fast. I am VERY skeptical on how this can sound right with such a mix.

Ask anyone, I said the exact same thing when it was first announced. To my surprise, bar a particularly sparkly 7-10kHz range, the Trinity is a fantastic technical performer and a decent timbral one too. I'd say more, but then I'd be spoiling my full article. :wink:

P.S. The drivers have been out and experimented on since January-February, so it's been almost a full year, technically speaking.

-Collin-

Damn... can you share a screenshot of it? Hope it stacks up with the rest of the competition.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #13,221 of 39,414
75A7AF62-3C4F-4B26-A063-0B04BB191A46.png

Here you go, my friend!

-Collin-

Ask anyone, I said the exact same thing when it was first announced. To my surprise, bar a particularly sparkly 7-10kHz range, the Trinity is a fantastic technical performer and a decent timbral one too. I'd say more, but then I'd be spoiling my full article. :wink:

P.S. The drivers have been out and experimented on since January-February, so it's been almost a full year, technically speaking.

Damn... can you share a screenshot of it? Hope it stacks up with the rest of the competition.

Nov 20, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #13,222 of 39,414

Here you go, my friend!

-Collin-

Interesting! Piezo tweeters aren't as new as miniature e-stats. The Radius HP-TWF41 was particularly popular in Indonesia a couple years ago for its DD + Piezo config. I never tried it myself, but here's to hoping this Genghis Khan can put Noble back on the map! :)

Nov 20, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #13,223 of 39,414
which would you advise to buy

1- in ear proohile 8
2- UM mason v3
3- UM mentor v3
4- UM 3dd ti
5- AAW 900

I look for great bass quantity and quality wise, full non recessed mids, good detail and nice sound stage, I stear away from analytical or cold sounding iems

any advise is appreciated

Nov 20, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #13,226 of 39,414

1- in ear proohile 8
2- UM mason v3
3- UM mentor v3
4- UM 3dd ti
5- AAW 900

I look for great bass quantity and quality wise, full non recessed mids, good detail and nice sound stage, I stear away from analytical or cold sounding iems

I feel the list you make is not matching your search.
Legend X could be a good pick, as well as EM10.

Nov 20, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #13,227 of 39,414

1- in ear proohile 8
2- UM mason v3
3- UM mentor v3
4- UM 3dd ti
5- AAW 900

+1 for the LX (or other IEMs from the EE hybrid range) - Campfire Audio Atlas mat be worth looking at as well.

Nov 20, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #13,229 of 39,414
forgot to add i have legend x, i am happy with it and would like to add another iem :)

Nov 20, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #13,230 of 39,414

1- in ear proohile 8
2- UM mason v3
3- UM mentor v3
4- UM 3dd ti
5- AAW 900

None of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back