flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Sep 25, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #12,541 of 39,414
I think you'd rather be me. I have a hot wife, a six pack and ginormous attributes.
Lucky me. Being more like this...
upload_2018-9-25_12-0-23.jpeg

upload_2018-9-25_12-0-36.jpeg

...I still feel blessed in life :grin:

"Strangers passing in the street
By chance two separate glances meet
And I am you and what I see is me
Yep...
twins_320.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #12,542 of 39,414
Well, I did cut out all the e-mails, negotiating, begging and compromising I do in between. :p

They haven’t changed my habits as much as they’ve changed my perspective on them. I used to see them as a hunger I longed to quench, only feeling immense satisfaction once I’d saved up enough cash to purchase one - that is, before the honeymoon period wanes and the cycle starts again. Now, I see them as assignments I can’t wait to finish, so I can stop listening to the same darn tracks with the same darn signature. Once I do get them over with, the feeling I get is less satisfaction and more relief. I see them less as unattainable aspirations now and more as duties - less as things I’d rather or not spend my money on, and more as things I’d rather or not spend my time on.
Oh aye, the life of a reviewer, where you don't get to review the fave IEM you paid fully for lol.

Sep 25, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #12,546 of 39,414
Sep 25, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #12,547 of 39,414
Sep 26, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #12,548 of 39,414
I noticed something weird about myself, I think the some of the skin sensations of the are behind my ear are being "routed" to the skin of my ear canal. my ear canal feels cold at the moment but if I put my hand over the area behind my ear, my ear canal feels warm What

Sep 26, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #12,549 of 39,414
Today I met our dear @Deezel177 and had a lengthy chat on things like how we hear iems and his review process and went around to try some stuff.
I now better understand how he hears things better and have a better understanding of my preferences (dynamics over tone) and his (tone). The really helped to get a better bearing on many iems that I didn't try xD. Thx for taking time to talk to me

Sep 26, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #12,550 of 39,414
Today I met our dear @Deezel177 and had a lengthy chat on things like how we hear iems and his review process and went around to try some stuff.
I now better understand how he hears things better and have a better understanding of my preferences (dynamics over tone) and his (tone). The really helped to get a better bearing on many iems that I didn't try xD. Thx for taking time to talk to me

The feeling's mutual, man. It was refreshing to be able to express - and discuss - differing opinions without any bashing or judgment. Chats like these are always lovely and remind me of the awesome community I've been blessed to be a part of. :D

Sep 26, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #12,551 of 39,414
Soon will mirror it on Head-fi, need to add it to Head Gear, but if you want to read it now, you can check it out here. Surprised that not too many people are talking about Oriolus Mellianus, though I have a feeling some might prefer its "twin" brother Nerva X if you craving more bass :wink:

oriolus_mellianus-00.jpg

Sep 26, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #12,552 of 39,414
Anyone in the US that wants to join the US PWAudio cable tour can do so now - the link in my signature is live for signups.

Sep 26, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #12,555 of 39,414
At 3k$ Stereoprvda couldn't put a cheap plastic casing on this?
Just look at the mad itching your going to get with the sb7!

Not a prototype , tip is non exchangeable . 3k$
My ears itch just looking at it

I tried these at CanJam NYC two years ago. Misha had to lube it up with a spray and then manhandled my ears in attempt to jam these in. I felt violated and still wasn't able to get these all the way in due to a sharp bend in my ear canals. Other people at the table had no issues getting their ears pegged with stereopravda :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back