flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Sep 11, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #12,271 of 39,414
to anyone else here using Jodi Vac , how much time do you clean each ear/shell ?

just curious if there is a minimum of time needed in order for the cleaning of each shell

thanx

I use it and I love it. Prior to having one, I could hear rattling noises at high volume. I seriously thought my drivers were dead. But after having the Jodi Vac, I realised they were foreign substances causing the rattling. Now I clean all my in-ears once a week, about 5 minutes of cleaning and vacuuming per shell.

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #12,272 of 39,414
to anyone else here using Jodi Vac , how much time do you clean each ear/shell ?

just curious if there is a minimum of time needed in order for the cleaning of each shell

thanx

I probably only take 1-1.5 minutes per ear. My ears don't generate tons of wax, so it's just a matter of getting rid of the tiny specks that may build-up over time.

Sep 11, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #12,274 of 39,414
Are these VAC useful also for universal IEMs?

After reading twister's review I'm interested in this one:
https://www.firaudio.com/store/the-headphone-vac-jr

The difference between CIEM and IEM is a nozzle shape (in general), and regardless if you have open bore nozzle or mesh covered nozzle, FIR audio vac has tips for either one. Jodi vac is similar in operation/functionaly, but it's less heavy duty and I think it only comes with a needle tip. FIR comes with a metal and a flexible needle tip and a wide tip for mesh covers, i'm sure you seen it in my review here.

Sep 11, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #12,275 of 39,414
The difference between CIEM and IEM is a nozzle shape (in general), and regardless if you have open bore nozzle or mesh covered nozzle, FIR audio vac has tips for either one. Jodi vac is similar in operation/functionaly, but it's less heavy duty and I think it only comes with a needle tip. FIR comes with a metal and a flexible needle tip and a wide tip for mesh covers, i'm sure you seen it in my review here.
You already convinced me in your review.. now I want the others to convince me! :ksc75smile:

Sep 11, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #12,276 of 39,414
fir-headphone-vac-two.jpg

I see they're out of Washington. Makes sense they'd be from a state where cannabis is legal. That logo dosen't imagine itself without the creative help of the hippy lettuce.

Anyone know what a corn loving rabbit has to do with iem vacuuming? All I got is kernels of wax?? Possibly what sustains the little guy all winter??

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #12,277 of 39,414
Sep 11, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #12,278 of 39,414

I see they're out of Washington. Makes sense they'd be from a state where cannabis is legal. That logo dosen't imagine itself without the creative help of the hippy lettuce.

Anyone know what a corn loving rabbit has to do with iem vacuuming? All I got is kernels of wax?? Possibly what sustains the little guy??
They both have ears? I'm from Colorado. We know these things.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #12,281 of 39,414
I don't think so. Impressions will most likely come within the next month or so, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them all being rave reviews.

Hah.
Imagine the net meltdown "Hey guys, you know those $$$$$$ ciems I ordered? They suck, avoid" :):)

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #12,283 of 39,414

Anyone know what a corn loving rabbit has to do with iem vacuuming? All I got is kernels of wax?? Possibly what sustains the little guy all winter??

Let's ask the man, @bogdan belonozhko, himself :D

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #12,284 of 39,414
Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #12,285 of 39,414

@twister6 :dt880smile: going straight to the source, like Pablo Escobar. Its actually an interesting story, the Vac was suppose to be produced in Iowa (where the hippy lettuce is not legal). I have lots of cousins in Iowa. The "ears" of corn is what the bunny lives on all winter, as do people in Iowa :wink: "Ears" of corn is correct. He doesn't have a name yet, we're going to do a naming contest on social media. Whoever comes up with the best name for the bunny gets a Vac. Maybe after he gets a name there can be a short story about his life at the farm in Iowa and his journey to washington. As to what kind of lettuce he eats i'll leave to speculation.

FIR Audio Stay updated on FIR Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.firaudio.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back