flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Aug 1, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #11,461 of 39,414
It's an exhaustive process to make, so the R&D cost is high. They take large stock piles of cash, incinerate them, and press the ashes in between two 3-ton blocks of pure gold, and repeat the process until the ashes form a semi reflective surface, whereupon you can start to see the faces of the souls who gave up the money. They then polish the surface to a mirror finish using diamonds, so that tears can roll down the surface without any friction. They truly spared no expense. Worth it IYO, YYMV, OBGYN.
applause-gif.gif

Aug 1, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #11,462 of 39,414
Aug 1, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #11,463 of 39,414
anyone knows whether oriolus makes ciems?

Yes, but the only dealer I know that carries them is E-Earphone. I'm sure they have other dealers in HK - considering that's where they're based IIRC - but I can't confirm.

Aug 1, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #11,464 of 39,414
Anyone thinks the new Kurada IEM is sexy?

in Greek this means a big s.hit (as in ''oh man you should see the kurada that came out of me yesterday''), so not getting any sexy vibes here :darthsmile:

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #11,466 of 39,414
...I'll be trying something different but mostly not so different this week : ) My A&K got lonely, so I found it a companion.

Oooh...nice! And having 3 totl daps around means that you can also finally practice your dap juggling skills :wink:
giphy.gif

Anyone thinks the new Kurada IEM is sexy?
Hmmm, somehow the color / shape made me think of a woodpecker :thinking:
images

So, I guess the main question is...
upload_2018-8-1_19-52-28.jpeg
...does it also sound like one?

Aug 1, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #11,467 of 39,414
It's an exhaustive process to make, so the R&D cost is high. They take large stock piles of cash, incinerate them, and press the ashes in between two 3-ton blocks of pure gold, and repeat the process until the ashes form a semi reflective surface, whereupon you can start to see the faces of the souls who gave up the money. They then polish the surface to a mirror finish using diamonds, so that tears can roll down the surface without any friction. They truly spared no expense. Worth it IYO, YYMV, OBGYN.
Folks keep it going for your headliner today, Fuhran Sahis :clap::clap::clap:

From your Kaa the snake to your light fun with Mike-Wi then onto your pièce de résistance, the USPS flat rate box, it's safe to say you've been on quite the ****** ***** *** ******** lately Fuhran. EDIT - apparently this wasn't safe to say at all.

But to drop such awful truths on us?? Reminds me of the time it all started making sense for me Fuhran....the time I realized I've been lied to my entire life....the time when the news was so baffling, so vexing, so sickening, I ended up running the Courtney Love 2 minute emotional dash from utter bewilderment to inconsolable weeping to a PCP-fueled rage all within a commercial break....

....the time was when I found out the Olsen twins don't exist*. It's just an illusion folks. There's only one of them moving back and forth really, really fast.

Followed sir. Followed.
200w.gif

*thanks late LWTWJO writers

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #11,468 of 39,414
200w.gif

*thanks late LWTWJO writers

it's always sunny in philadelphia = probably best comedy tv show ever....

ps : wildcard bitches

Aug 1, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #11,469 of 39,414
it's always sunny in philadelphia = probably best comedy tv show ever....

ps : wildcard bitches
Hahaha. I'm saving that one...who am I kidding I'm saving like 20 of them. Let's be honest, Kitten Mittens maybe was too specific a contextual match.

In the gif spirit of the thread...
giphy.gif
Mac and Charlie's "Cream" scene just popped into my head LMAO

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #11,470 of 39,414
So with some inevitability I've been put back on the main side at work which to say the least is a damn site noisier than where I was sat (which wasn't fantastic anyway!). Was just curious what the best isolating iems (and ciems for that matter) are atm? I'm guessing the usual suspects such as Shure, Westone and the daddy Etymotic still rule the roost, just wondered about any others? Bloody irritating today, couldn't get a seal with either of the two uiems I had taken in (music two from ca, and comet from ca, work that one out :p)so in the end used my sennheiser hd25-II's. Great, except then I couldn't use glasses which were a bit of a b**ger since it means I'm stuck in front of a touch screen monitor for 7 hours a day!

Aug 1, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #11,471 of 39,414
in Greek this means a big s.hit (as in ''oh man you should see the kurada that came out of me yesterday''), so not getting any sexy vibes here :darthsmile:[/QUOTE
:beyersmile: Lol im eating, you almost make choke haha

Aug 1, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #11,473 of 39,414
Any other ciems manufacturers make hybrids other than the following?
Oriolus
64audio
Aaw
Jomo
Rhapsodio
Empire
Perfectseal
Lear

Aug 2, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #11,475 of 39,414
Any other ciems manufacturers make hybrids other than the following?
Oriolus
64audio
Aaw
Jomo
Rhapsodio
Empire
Perfectseal
Lear

There's Unique Melody, Ultimate Ears, Kumitate Lab, JHAudio and FAudio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back