flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Apr 10, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #991 of 39,414
My U8 was >8 months late and I was happy to received it in the end without making a fuss, and would be happy to be receiving my Forte anytime within the next 3 months, but that's me. Nothing against 64Audio merely stating my own experience dealing with them.

I loved 64Audio and have bought a couple of their products and will continue to do so, so long as I'm happy with what they bring out. 

Apr 10, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #992 of 39,414
As it was mentioned, you could be waiting on LH Labs (as I am... And waiting, and waiting...) :frowning2:

Apr 10, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #993 of 39,414
As it was mentioned, you could be waiting on LH Labs (as I am... And waiting, and waiting...)
frown.gif

Another victim here...and I have long move on from their gears already and any news from those fraud are considered a bonus. 

For those waiting for their Geek Wave...how many generations of DAP have passed since? 
mad.gif
 also I have long since kissed my Geek Source goodbye too

Back on topic...are you gonna review all these iems with their stock cables?

Apr 10, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #994 of 39,414
  Will they all be reviewed using the stock cables? Sorry if it's already answered

Yes, I will write a few lines about the cable separately first and maybe the pairing. And then the review and scoring will be with their stock cable.

Already asked

Apr 10, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #995 of 39,414
Thanks...my bad for not going thru the entire thread :cry:

Apr 10, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #996 of 39,414
wonder what happens if 1964 fails to deliver the ciem to nick - do we have to edit out top-5 predictions ?

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #998 of 39,414

wonder what happens if 1964 fails to deliver the ciem to nick - do we have to edit out top-5 predictions ?

Anyone who included U18 in their list is automagically disqualified from all of the things.

Well, in that case I'm glad I picked the A18 instead
tongue.gif

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #999 of 39,414
I also think that if the arrival time of 64 Audio iems is uncertain, the shootout should continue without them. It will be their loss in the end as I believe Flinkenick's shootout will be a benchmark on the quality of TOTL iems.

Apr 10, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #1,000 of 39,414
I also think that if the arrival time of 64 Audio iems is uncertain, the shootout should continue without them. It will be their loss in the end as I believe Flinkenick's shootout will be a benchmark on the quality of TOTL iems.

Why not just skip to the next IEM and revisit them U18's when they're in. I see no reason to exclude them, they should be in before the shootout is over.

Apr 10, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #1,001 of 39,414
I agree that they should be included, not for the sake of 64Audio but for the sake of people who will rely on this shootout to try to decide which I'm is right for them. I myself auditioned the U18 and while they were good I can't believe they're good enough for the #1 spot. But to exclude them will harm the thoroughness of this shootout and there will always be doubt in people's minds. BUT maybe a footnote is the best route. It's always possible that 64Audio doesn't want to be included. I'm not saying this is the case, but if they think a competition of this sort might hurt sales, if they don't place well, then maybe we'll be waiting forever. They did pretty well in Fit For A Bat. In fact, because of Fit For A Bat they were on the top of my list. That's why I auditioned the U18. But if we wait too long there will be a whole new set of TOTL IEM's and this shootout will be obsolete before it goes to press.

Apr 10, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #1,002 of 39,414
It is funny how people seem to think that reviewers owe them something, or work for them. What should / will be included in the shootout at any point in time is only the reviewers choice (unless he committed to the manufacturers). I would never have Nick's patience to listen to an endless list for demands and recommendations...

Apr 10, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #1,003 of 39,414
My god this is a catty thread. I never said anyone owes anyone anything. However, if I were going through all the trouble of reviewing this many items, I would want input from people I'm creating the review for. This is why we're here, to gather useful reviews. If I were Nick I'd wonder what people's opinions were regarding this. AND even if you don't agree with my opinion, at least I was on topic. I defy anyone to show me anywhere in my post where my words could be interpreted as saying Nick owes me something. Nothing I said was critical of Nick in any way.

Apr 10, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #1,005 of 39,414
Guys with free time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back