flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Mar 2, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #7,891 of 39,414
Less than 5 days, I paid for rush order. Thought I'd be able to wait a few weeks... lasted half a business day lol

So I'm happy for you and jealous all at the same time :wink:....the wait is worth it....Having surgery in a couple of weeks and hope to have it before then for proper burn in and then recovery so that I may really give it a go on teh ak380cu and then once home with the Ayre QX5 DAC/amp Streamer.

Mar 2, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #7,892 of 39,414
Phantom arriving tomorrow, just in time for the weekend!

Awesome! High five! :D
hifivepup.gif

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #7,894 of 39,414
I can compare cables too.

Here : Norne Silvergarde S and Beat Audio Emerald. Both very pretty.

Verdict :
  1. Maybe slightly fuller mids and smoother highs on Emerald (slightly)
  2. I don't like comparing cables

tenor.gif

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #7,895 of 39,414
I can compare cables too.

Here : Norne Silvergarde S and Beat Audio Emerald. Both very pretty.

Verdict :
  1. Maybe slightly fuller mids and smoother highs on Emerald (slightly)
  2. I don't like comparing cables
Admirable job Mim! Admirable job! Did you feel like you needed a shower after writing #1? :wink:

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #7,897 of 39,414

Attachments

• giphy (1).gif
    giphy (1).gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #7,898 of 39,414
Less than 5 days, I paid for rush order. Thought I'd be able to wait a few weeks... lasted half a business day lol

so you went for custom right ?

Mar 2, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #7,899 of 39,414
OK then, it has been quite a while (years) since I wrote a review myself. To be honest, I don’t consider myself as such a good technical reviewer to begin with, as I’m often struggling to put signature details that I hear into words.
But I gave it my best shot nonetheless, as I truly think that the Prelude is a special IEM, that deserves all the attention it can get...
WP 01.jpg

So please, step into the Wonderful World of Warbler: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/warbler-prelude.22953/reviews#review-19972

Oh, and before reading I would advise to take the red ONE :wink:
giphy.gif

Mar 2, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #7,900 of 39,414
OK then, it has been quite a while (years) since I wrote a review myself. To be honest, I don’t consider myself as such a good technical reviewer to begin with, as I’m often struggling to put signature details that I hear into words.
But I gave it my best shot nonetheless, as I truly think that the Prelude is a special IEM, that deserves all the attention it can get...

So please, step into the Wonderful World of Warbler: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/warbler-prelude.22953/reviews#review-19972

giphy.gif
No need to get all technical all the time because that was ONE fun and interesting review to read! :clap:

Love the picture with the sunlight, btw! :sunglasses:

Mar 2, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #7,901 of 39,414

giphy.gif
Fun review, well written, and, hey, with music from one of my all time faves (Aimee Mann) and Mr Cash, what more could one want?

Mar 2, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #7,902 of 39,414
Just picked up this hunk of metal.

Cu.png

Met up with local enthousiast @Adventure, who's been selling speakers for the last two decades and recently started dabbling into portable audio. Was expecting to drop by and pick it up, ended up spending the whole afternoon talking about the development of speakers, difference with iems, and everything in between. @ctsooner22 if you guys were ever to meet up, no doubt you two would keep on talking so long on end your wives would file a missing persons report.

Listened for a while to his demo $70K setup with B&W speakers driven by dual amps. It was almost as good as the Phantom :D

The 'art' on the wall is actually special acoustic padding, nice finishing touch :)

IMAG1237.jpg

IMAG1236.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #7,903 of 39,414
So I'm happy for you and jealous all at the same time :wink:....the wait is worth it....Having surgery in a couple of weeks and hope to have it before then for proper burn in and then recovery so that I may really give it a go on teh ak380cu and then once home with the Ayre QX5 DAC/amp Streamer.

Thanks and best luck with the surgery!

Awesome! High five! :D
hifivepup.gif

200w (2).gif

so you went for custom right ?

Yes sir. Today will be a good day indeed... getting a nice bottle of Scotch to celebrate my first CIEM and new job! (Listed in order of awesomeness).

200w (3).gif

Mar 2, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #7,905 of 39,414
Just picked up this hunk of metal.

Met up with local enthousiast @Adventure, who's been selling speakers for the last two decades and recently started dabbling into portable audio. Was expecting to drop by and pick it up, ended up spending the whole afternoon talking about the development of speakers, difference with iems, and everything in between. @ctsooner22 if you guys were ever to meet up, no doubt you two would keep on talking so long your wives would file a missing persons report.

Listened for a while to his demo $70K setup with B&W speakers driven by dual amps. It was almost as good as the Phantom :D

The 'art' on the wall is actually special acoustic padding, nice finishing touch :)

Wow, that 2nd picture looks like the 'perfect living room' to me :grin:

Congrats on your new purchase Nic!
Can't wait to see in what way you will get your new SP1000Cu (which looks great btw) modded in some weeks from now, haha :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back