flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Feb 9, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #7,501 of 39,414
On the LCDi4 I realy like them, first : the fit!!
The standard tips are hard to work with. The version with ribs do hurt in my ears!! The fit with the CP-155 is comfortable !

Soundwise they are good, can’t really notice the difference with the standard tips on the Audeze LCDi4 .

The differences with spinfit cp100 and others on the Angie II and Vega are bigger!!

Feb 9, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #7,502 of 39,414
Guys guys guys calm down on this hype discussion.

tenor (1).gif

Let us stick to the age old classic rule that allows to avoid all misunderstanding: whatever Mimouille owns first and / or says is great, is the best. The rest is overrated crap at best.

tenor.gif

Feb 9, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #7,503 of 39,414

Let us stick to the age old classic rule that allows to avoid all misunderstanding: whatever Mimouille owns first and / or says is great, is the best. The rest is overrated crap at best.

Of course! Forgive us...how could we ever forget :astonished:
200.gif

Feb 9, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #7,504 of 39,414

Are you sure you posted on the right thread? This seems to refer to points raised on the EE thread lol.

Feb 9, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #7,508 of 39,414
Dude, your tuning is perfect. I thought the I4 and the Mellanius were going to be my end game. However after trying out the Phantom, I have now found true love. :blush:

How does it cmpare to i4? Geez, just when I thought “that’s it, i4 ends my journey, time to get back to my photography and be done with IEMs” the Phantom pops up haunting!

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #7,509 of 39,414
How does it cmpare to i4? Geez, just when I thought “that’s it, i4 ends my journey, time to get back to my photography and be done with IEMs” the Phantom pops up haunting!
I4 for open back listening and Phantom for closed back...This is my ideal plan right now

Feb 10, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #7,510 of 39,414
I4 for open back listening and Phantom for closed back...This is my ideal plan right now

I mean in terms of sound character and signature, how does the Phantom differ from i4 aside from the fact that one is open back and the other one is closed?

Thanks!

Feb 10, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #7,511 of 39,414
Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #7,512 of 39,414
Feb 10, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #7,513 of 39,414
Nice review. This is getting traction but I am not a fan of the looks. I am still curious though

Thanks Mim!

Yeah, I am not crazy about the looks either. I would have preferred if it was matte finish at least, the shiny look is...cheap. But they are well built and you don't need tools to adjust the wheel or the filters, which makes up for it a little.

I would like to hear opinions from people who own several high end iems, but you live so far away :sob:

Feb 10, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #7,514 of 39,414
Hey guys, so I have written my first review and got the "ok" from Nic to post it here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/imr-acoustics-r1.22682/reviews#review-19862

Now this might not be a high end monitor price-wise, but in my humble opinion it is worth a listen if you value bass and excitement.
Well written review, thanks for sharing!

They are interesting IEMs, but I am a former Trinity customer and while it is unfair to Bob (he is a nice guy), it has made me very reluctant about IMR. Not in the least because Bob has opted for similar design features such as using silly proprietary cable connectors. But then again, these sound like they are really good fun and it all seems to be a fresh start for Bob, which I hope works out well because he has some cool ideas (like the wheel).

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #7,515 of 39,414

Users who are viewing this thread

Back