flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jan 3, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #7,068 of 39,414
Woah woah woah can we at least know the manufacturer? Is it Spiral Ear?

giphy (8).gif

Jan 3, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #7,069 of 39,414
Woah woah woah can we at least know the manufacturer? Is it Spiral Ear?

It's not, but it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out if you've been paying attention. I won't be answering any more questions regarding this... unless it's juicy enough, of course. :wink:

Jan 3, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #7,070 of 39,414
It's not, but it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out if you've been paying attention. I won't be answering any more questions regarding this... unless it's juicy enough, of course. :wink:
Avara AV6?

Jan 3, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #7,072 of 39,414
You can not talk about "bigger", "better" or "more" features ...
Every note is very balanced.

The layering of space depth is amazing.
Both other IEMs have great advantages and disadvantages .... there is nothing like this.

source: AK320 + AK380AMP
cable: 1945s Pernel OFC Litz[/QUOTE]

Looking at your source and especially that amp, I can see why you're loving your 5way. I too own the SE5U and have tried it extensively with the ak380 & amp stack and it's a wonderful pairing.

The 5way did benefit from that extra juice. Notes had more body and bite and the overall presentation was more expansive with more room to breathe thus creating a beautiful and natural stage .

Welcome to the club my friend!

Jan 3, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #7,073 of 39,414
Looking at your source and especially that amp, I can see why you're loving your 5way. I too own the SE5U and have tried it extensively with the ak380 & amp stack and it's a wonderful pairing.

The 5way did benefit from that extra juice. Notes had more body and bite and the overall presentation was more expansive with more room to breathe thus creating a beautiful and natural stage .

Welcome to the club my friend!
That description fits also well with my Prelude + laptop pairing. :) I guess it all comes down to synergy in the end. There are some versatile IEMs out there too, they can pair well with many different sources. Lucky ones.

Jan 3, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #7,074 of 39,414

Are you talking about Empire Ears Phantom? :smile:

Folks who've heard the Phantom have touted it as one of the most correct-sounding IEMs they've ever heard, with some favouring it over the Zeus in terms of tonal accuracy and - as a result - transparency.

Jan 3, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #7,075 of 39,414
Yeah the EE thread has been keeping us on our toes for weeks. But for me the wait is good cos I can save up. I ain't got $2000 on the ready lol.

Jan 3, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #7,076 of 39,414
It looks like the SE5U has reeled in yet another rave review. But - with that said - the CIEM industry is as vibrant and active as ever, and it'll only be a matter of time until something new challenges the SE5U as the king of the hill. Beware, it might come around sooner than you think... :wink:
5Gvm9.gif

tumblr_otxs2jE1N51tja9y3o1_1280.gif

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #7,077 of 39,414
Possibly EE Phantom X takes down the 5-way and earn the top spot for Ranking The Stars 2020 IEM Shoutout?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back