flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Oct 13, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #5,281 of 39,414
That and also because aftermarket cables are made with unicorn rainbow litz hair and stock cables are just regular old horse hair :p
Nothing wrong with some good ol' horse hair imo...
large.jpg

...but unicorn rainbow litz hair smells at least 300% better. So, totally worth the investment :wink:

Oct 13, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #5,283 of 39,414
Nothing wrong with some good ol' horse hair imo...
large.jpg

...but unicorn rainbow litz hair smells at least 300% better. So, totally worth the investment :wink:
Sounds nice but how will I pony up the dough? I will never be able to get back in the saddle after that. I feel like I am betting on the wrong horse. Ok I'm done.

Oct 13, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #5,284 of 39,414
Sounds nice but how will I pony up the dough? I will never be able to get back in the saddle after that. I feel like I am betting on the wrong horse. Ok I'm done.
Neigh! I have a feeling you're not. :D Keep 'em coming Mim.

Oct 13, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #5,285 of 39,414
I look forward to the day when I will rightfully earn my own puppy. :)
Oh yes, me too! We are just at a stage in our lives where we have to invest in our careers, but we do want to settle down as soon as we can and get ourselves a dog ...or two ...or three. :D
P.S: I like labradors.
Ah, but then the question becomes, which colour? :wink:

We love Labs too and long-haired Goldens, I think those are universally loved. My wife has a real soft spot for the really big and hairy breeds (Newfoundland, Leonberger, etc) and I have that with Collies, although because of the gifs I have started to quite like Corgis too. :p

Oct 13, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #5,287 of 39,414
Oh yes, me too! We are just at a stage in our lives where we have to invest in our careers, but we do want to settle down as soon as we can and get ourselves a dog ...or two ...or three. :D

Ah, but then the question becomes, which colour? :wink:

We love Labs too and long-haired Goldens, I think those are universally loved. My wife has a real soft spot for the really big and hairy breeds (Newfoundland, Leonberger, etc) and I have that with Collies, although because of the gifs I have started to quite like Corgis too. :p
Looking forward to your 'Ranking the dogs: 10 totl puppies shootout' thread in 5 years :dog:

Oct 13, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #5,288 of 39,414
@Wyville if you get a place with a garden , there is no better dog than a German Shepperd

all dogs rule but the GS is something else - i had two for 25 years and these are truly amazing creatures

but like i said , they need to have a garden to move and not feel confined inside an appartment

Oct 13, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #5,289 of 39,414
@Wyville if you get a place with a garden , there is no better dog than a German Shepperd

all dogs rule but the GS is something else - i had two for 25 years and these are truly amazing creatures

but like i said , they need to have a garden to move and not feel confined inside an appartment
I think we had two in the family, my uncle and my grandfather each had one (a long time ago), and they are indeed wonderful dogs!

The garden should not be a problem because my wife and I want to move to the middle of nowhere with woods around, mountains if possible and it would also be close to the coast as well it would be perfect. *sigh* Still stuck in a small and very expensive London flat. Should have stayed a car mechanic! :wink:

Oct 14, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #5,293 of 39,414
musical illusions and paradoxes

Thanks for posting! I really love these sort of things, just like optical illusions. Unfortunately the first one did not work for me and it is too fatiguing for me to listen to for longer. But I get what they were aiming for and it is really interesting stuff!

Oct 14, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #5,294 of 39,414
Thanks for posting! I really love these sort of things, just like optical illusions. Unfortunately the first one did not work for me and it is too fatiguing for me to listen to for longer. But I get what they were aiming for and it is really interesting stuff!
u might like this also: shepard's tone vs movie mood establishment
illusion: infinitely increasing preceived loudness

Oct 14, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #5,295 of 39,414

Users who are viewing this thread

Back