flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Sep 15, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #4,606 of 39,419
Is the Zeus's mids similar to Audio Technica's AD series (open) in any ways?

I'll try to track one down and give it a demo. Although @Dingding123 is right in that IEMs and headphones are hardly ever comparable, there are always nuances/emotions/stimuli that headphones and IEMs may mutually give when listened to with an open mind. I should be in an Audio Technica retailer's vicinity in a few days, so expect an update then.

Sep 15, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #4,607 of 39,419
So

Honestly, I hope they kick RE2000's tail.
From first test they are super tip and insertion dependent. They sound quite impressive and it seems one is brighter than the other. It was just 5mn so let us wait. As for comparison with RE2000, it will be different beast for sure. The Ocharaku sound is crisper, the RE2000 maybe rounder.

Sep 16, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #4,608 of 39,419
Gisele Flower from aid2hearing.co.uk London.

7115897.png

She's well known

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #4,609 of 39,419
Sep 16, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #4,611 of 39,419
Looking for a good companion to my Vegas. Fine with not having a lot of bass and looking for an IEM that excels in its treble. Time to get a detail monster with the sparkle that a low frequency emphasis seems not to allow. Less expensive options than IEMs in this shootout are re most welcome too. Don't need an all-arounder

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #4,612 of 39,419
Looking for a good companion to my Vegas. Fine with not having a lot of bass and looking for an IEM that excels in its treble. Time to get a detail monster with the sparkle that a low frequency emphasis seems not to allow. Less expensive options than IEMs in this shootout are re most welcome too. Don't need an all-arounder
I've pm'ed @flinkenick about this and he recommends the Samba or NT6Pro wholeheartedly.

Sep 16, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #4,613 of 39,419
Also reccomend the spartan.
I used it to complement my now gone w500

Sep 17, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #4,615 of 39,419
I'm thinking about to get a iem with fast deep and enough bass, some treble sparkle and air as well, with enough sound stage to separate instruments. So that I can use it for both jazz fusion and metal.
Samba or flamenco

Sep 17, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #4,617 of 39,419
I'm thinking about to get a iem with fast deep and enough bass, some treble sparkle and air as well, with enough sound stage to separate instruments. So that I can use it for both jazz fusion and metal.

Katana? Maybe Encore.

Sep 17, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #4,618 of 39,419

NT6 is what you need , plus you won't pay an arm and a leg.

Sep 17, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #4,619 of 39,419
I heard people saying samba is very dry?

The Samba has sufficient lower-mid weight and smoothness in the mids to avoid being labeled analytical or harsh, but it's definitely drier than it is rich or thick. If you want to play it safe and avoid dryness completely, then the Flamenco is for you. Based on your description of your ideal sound, you might also wanna take a look at the A18 and NT-6 as well.

Sep 17, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #4,620 of 39,419
The Samba has sufficient lower-mid weight and smoothness in the mids to avoid being labeled analytical or harsh, but it's definitely drier than it is rich or thick. If you want to play it safe and avoid dryness completely, then the Flamenco is for you. Based on your description of your ideal sound, you might also wanna take a look at the A18 and NT-6 as well.
Thanks bro, is have you tried both samba and flamenco? I'm really interested in them, sounds like a cooler more engaged and detailed S-em9 to me.
What's the difference between Samba and Flamenco?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back