flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Dec 23, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #36,931 of 39,419
Taking a chance on Campfire Equinox, which is the latest acquisition in my switch to CIEMS. Not enough is written about them, maybe they don’t impress. Time to find out!

Let’s see, CIEM collection now stands at UM Fusang Mason, UM Fusang Mentor (pre order haha), EE Legend X, JH Jolene and CFA Equinox. And I possess none of these right now.

The only universals left (and only iems I can actually use right now) are Elysian X and Illumination….

Hopefully it's better than the universal Solstice demo I had.. because... ugh... never mind.

CIEMs are so awesome though, between the A12t and my incoming Annihilator, it'll definitely end up eating into the universal usage for me. Now.. if only there was a custom Phonix or EXT available.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2021 at 2:48 AM Post #36,932 of 39,419
He’s a Boxador, half Boxer, half Lab. Actually, I got him from the local shelter (my first time doing this) about three years ago, and he is the best companion I’ve had. 👍 And yes, he is deceptively strong for his size.
Awesome thing to do! It is so rewarding to give a dog from a shelter a new home like that.

Dec 25, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #36,933 of 39,419
After getting Orpheus to pair with my FS, I think I can retire from the IEM hobby.

FFE26CF3-CFDF-4501-AAF9-740195FEDC60.jpeg

Dec 25, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #36,935 of 39,419
Wow! That good!? So jealous
It is good to kill my future purchase desire.

So in a way it is money saving right? Right…. (I am so good at justifying purchases lol)

Dec 25, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #36,936 of 39,419
Dec 25, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #36,937 of 39,419
It is good to kill my future purchase desire.

So in a way it is money saving right? Right…. (I am so good at justifying purchases lol)
May I ask what it brings to the table over the stock cable? I love this iem. It’s my favorite monitor I’ve ever heard and I savor my moments with it! I would love to hear any impressions if you are willing but of course no pressure! I almost bought a first times shielding for mine but decided to buy another traillii instead because I regret selling mine.

Dec 25, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #36,939 of 39,419
After getting Orpheus to pair with my FS, I think I can retire from the IEM hobby.

FFE26CF3-CFDF-4501-AAF9-740195FEDC60.jpeg
Congrats!

After few weeks of back and forth, I personally prefer stock cable with Mason FS. Orphy usually stays with Traillii. Orphy makes the Mason a touch too dark with the sources I have now.... but LP6 might change that soon :sweat_smile:

Have you tried the Indigo with Orphy? Any good?

Dec 25, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #36,940 of 39,419
May I ask what it brings to the table over the stock cable? I love this iem. It’s my favorite monitor I’ve ever heard and I savor my moments with it! I would love to hear any impressions if you are willing but of course no pressure! I almost bought a first times shielding for mine but decided to buy another traillii instead because I regret selling mine.
I am still at the very early days, but to me Orphy makes the texture even richer and it further smoothes out some part of the sound. For example, sometimes upper mids from FS will appear a bit sharp to me. When I tried Venom it helps me to address that, but in long listening sessions I find the sound to be overly smooth with Venom and losing the engaging element with the stock cable.

Overall, Orphy seems to go in the same direction of Attila but it further improves the sound in its smoothes, textures, but keeping the overall presentation very coherent and engaging.

Dec 25, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #36,941 of 39,419
Anyone think Mason Fs ( with Attila ) woman vocal is a little bit lean-back ? when i listening to modern pop, i always find that the vocal a little far, compare to other sound.
Which dap are you using? I have that expense with SP2000 and N6ii (E02) back in the days.

Dec 25, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #36,942 of 39,419
Congrats!

After few weeks of back and forth, I personally prefer stock cable with Mason FS. Orphy usually stays with Traillii. Orphy makes the Mason a touch too dark with the sources I have now.... but LP6 might change that soon :sweat_smile:

Yes I can totally see that with P6 Pro black, which has that dark-ish signature.

My indigo is out in a mini-tour, but @Damz87 has tried Indigo with his Orphy and he may be able to comment on this. :)

Dec 26, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #36,943 of 39,419
Congrats!

Yes I can totally see that with P6 Pro black, which has that dark-ish signature.

My indigo is out in a mini-tour, but @Damz87 has tried Indigo with his Orphy and he may be able to comment on this. :)
Correct, I tried Orphy and Indigo the other day and it was excellent. Orpheus did what it usually does, darkened the background and added more note weight, texturing and lushness whilst also enhancing the resolution and separation. The 3D presentation of Indigo sounds elevated even further which makes individual notes pop even more.

I’m yet to find a permanent IEM home for Orphy but Indigo is def on the shortlist. :)

Dec 26, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #36,945 of 39,419
im mainly using TT2+ Mscaler. Maybe L&P dap with vocal focused tuning is better for Mason FS ?

edit. i think the right word is the vocal on Mason Fs feel like more "weight", not bright as traillii
If it is terms of weight then I think yes, generally FS has the signature of giving vocals thicker notes. Other users with both FS and Traillii can comment on this as well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back