flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Dec 22, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #36,916 of 39,419
So very true. It takes a while to get used to any audio product.
Absolutely and I think that is often underestimated.

Sure, bud.

I "prefer" the slow climb too. 😜

That's Head-Fi lingo for

No no, I am not poor... uhhh... I am... hmmm... "anti-consumerism" now.

brad-pitt-NrpsA3.gif

See... Deeply philosophical.

Yeah that sounds good. They'll buy that for sure.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #36,918 of 39,419

brad-pitt-NrpsA3.gif

Forced anti-cunsumerism here too

brad-pitt-NrpsA3.gif

Forced... erm... very deliberate anti-consumerism here too sir ☕

Dec 22, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #36,919 of 39,419
Forced anti-cunsumerism here too

Forced... erm... very deliberate anti-consumerism here too sir ☕
Do you also have one of these? 😜
DSC_0004.JPG

He gets expensive pillows throughout the house and lies next to them, his food is extra special (ie. twice the price of premium food) and I even had to buy his lordship a new car because our old one wasn't big enough anymore. 🤣

Still love him to bits. 😁

Dec 22, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #36,920 of 39,419

He gets expensive pillows throughout the house and lies next to them, his food is extra special (ie. twice the price of premium food) and I even had to buy his lordship a new car because our old one wasn't big enough anymore. 🤣

Nope, but I hope to have one next year in the form of a husky!

In the meantime I have a 7 year old daughter who is already asking for a handbag 😅😅😅

Needless to say if our puppy wish comes true next year, that would make this the last year for me to buy audio gear for...

osita-osita-iheme.gif

...ever.

Dec 22, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #36,921 of 39,419

You do whatever he commands you to do, sir.

Never get tired of seeing this fluffy guy…

Dec 22, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #36,922 of 39,419
DSC_0004.JPG

My wish is when I reincarnate to my next life, it’s as a dog and @Wyville is my owner. 🐶

Dec 22, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #36,923 of 39,419
Dec 22, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #36,924 of 39,419
Dec 22, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #36,925 of 39,419
Dec 23, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #36,926 of 39,419
Nope, but I hope to have one next year in the form of a husky!

In the meantime I have a 7 year old daughter who is already asking for a handbag 😅😅😅

Needless to say if our puppy wish comes true next year, that would make this the last year for me to buy audio gear for...

osita-osita-iheme.gif

...ever.
Ooh, nice one! Love Huskies! Was thinking about one myself, but I wasn't sure if I could give a Husky the exercise they need and so didn't want to risk it. Plus, my wife wanted big, hairy and cuddly, so it was as good a place to start as any. Next year we might consider a second dog. Although I have no idea how I would manage two of these, so maybe it should be a small one that can ride on Barnie's back. 🤣
1640240335574.png

Pro tip: The dog is expensive, but the toys add up to more. 😅
You do whatever he commands you to do, sir.

Never get tired of seeing this fluffy guy…
Thanks! Yeah, we are exactly like that with him. I need to teach him discipline because of his size (he is a giant even for a Leonberger), but whenever I do he just looks at me, I melt and he gets a treat for being amazing. 😁
My wish is when I reincarnate to my next life, it’s as a dog and @Wyville is my owner. 🐶
That one made me laugh so hard! 🤣🤣🤣
This boy has the dream life in my household …

121FD7D6-1744-4C29-BD34-336BE07A4F53.jpeg
Cute boy! What breed is he? He looks small and powerful like a Staffy.

Dec 23, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #36,927 of 39,419
... Plus, my wife wanted big, hairy and cuddly, so it was as good a place to start as any. ...

Sounds like a good topic of discussion with a marriage counselor? :p

Dec 23, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #36,929 of 39,419
Ooh, nice one! Love Huskies! Was thinking about one myself, but I wasn't sure if I could give a Husky the exercise they need and so didn't want to risk it. Plus, my wife wanted big, hairy and cuddly, so it was as good a place to start as any. Next year we might consider a second dog. Although I have no idea how I would manage two of these, so maybe it should be a small one that can ride on Barnie's back. 🤣

Pro tip: The dog is expensive, but the toys add up to more. 😅

Thanks! Yeah, we are exactly like that with him. I need to teach him discipline because of his size (he is a giant even for a Leonberger), but whenever I do he just looks at me, I melt and he gets a treat for being amazing. 😁

That one made me laugh so hard! 🤣🤣🤣

Cute boy! What breed is he? He looks small and powerful like a Staffy.

He’s a Boxador, half Boxer, half Lab. Actually, I got him from the local shelter (my first time doing this) about three years ago, and he is the best companion I’ve had. 👍 And yes, he is deceptively strong for his size.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #36,930 of 39,419
Taking a chance on Campfire Equinox, which is the latest acquisition in my switch to CIEMS. Not enough is written about them, maybe they don’t impress. Time to find out!

Let’s see, CIEM collection now stands at UM Fusang Mason, UM Fusang Mentor (pre order haha), EE Legend X, JH Jolene and CFA Equinox. And I possess none of these right now.

The only universals left (and only iems I can actually use right now) are Elysian X and Illumination….

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back