flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Mar 5, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #28,547 of 39,414
Every time I see the faceplates, I can help but muse out loud "Louis Vitton is going into summit fi iems?"
It looks similar to a Batik pattern, a type of cloth either hand-drawn or stamped with patterns in my country and dyed with colors.

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #28,548 of 39,414
Oh no....what happened? Did it fall?

No, the box was totally intact. When I opened the metal case, I noticed a piece of plastic rolling around inside, and then I noticed the broken nozzle. I don’t know what happened or how it broke inside its case. I’m a bit worried now about the long term durability.

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #28,549 of 39,414
This IEM, doesn’t get enough respect 😢. Underrated, and currently on promo sale Musicteck. DUNU LUNA, just addictive sound and unique tuning. Did I mention best comfort in the business?

96475C48-0A43-466C-B9CA-CBF88AEDB283.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #28,550 of 39,414
No, the box was totally intact. When I opened the metal case, I noticed a piece of plastic rolling around inside, and then I noticed the broken nozzle. I don’t know what happened or how it broke inside its case. I’m a bit worried now about the long term durability.

Sorry to hear that man....I’m pretty sure VE will take care of it. And that’s a valid concern on the durability.

Edit: I think IEM manufacturers should move to aluminium shells or some other type of lightweight metal/alloy for universals, similar to what FiR and 64 Audio are using. It definitely provides more durability than acrylic shells.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #28,553 of 39,414
Lol... Touché

There actually is a Van Nuys case that would go nicely with the bird’s case... 🤔

28391448-8275-40A1-B88B-BBEEE1083AAA.jpeg

Is there a nuclear code that you can enter into that DMP? Looks as if you’re carrying POTUS nuclear football :laughing:

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #28,554 of 39,414
Is there a nuclear code that you can enter into that DMP? Looks as if you’re carrying POTUS nuclear football :laughing:
Henceforth the nickname for the DMP will be "Nuclear Football"

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #28,555 of 39,414
Sorry to hear that man....I’m pretty sure VE will take care of it. And that’s a valid concern on the durability.

Edit: I think IEM manufacturers should move to aluminium shells or some other type of lightweight metal/alloy for universals, similar to what FiR and 64 Audio are using. It definitely provides more durability than acrylic shells.

Yes, I agree. The nozzles taper down from a thicker resin to a thinner resin clearly demarcated mid way through. I didn’t expect this from a German made product (I’ve not owned a VE product before). A bit disappointed beyond having them replaced.

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #28,556 of 39,414
Man.... that JH Jolene is looking super interesting. Never heard any JH stuff, but something about it and the review over on headfonics have me very interested. I have said it many times but I really don't want to keep spending money on this stupid hobby, especially because I am pretty happy with what I have, not to mention that I did just pick up that new aaw/custom art iem. Do I dare dive into custom finally? I always worry that if I dont like it, not easy to resell, and even though I had impression done, I still worry about the fit, and having my ears change and having them eventually no longer fit well.

Also, uhh, screw the bird! Hah, just kidding. Its been crazy seeing the hype about it, but yea, WAY out of my comfort zone.

Mar 5, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #28,560 of 39,414
But there’s a lot of us out here that don’t want a headphone setup or a full out electrostatic IEM setup that requires a separate AMP at all times. So we are looking for the “ultimate” sound that’s just plug and play, as well as portable and comfortable.
Huh, I actually tolerated Shure KSE’s amp for a long time haha, still consider it “portable” to some extent, although I gave up carrying a WM1Z and an electrostatic amp at the same time in my pocket, felt like a total gangster lol

I remember me returning LCD-i4 a week after receiving it couple of years ago due to sound similarities between i4 and KSE and KSE being closed back. And KSE1200 costs < 2k now during sales. Sound-wise there are definitely a lot of great, near-totl choices around that price level. Glad that JH Audio holds its ground too, the world’s not too crazy after all :)

(It may sound ironic coming from a Traillii owner, but this is truly how I personally feel. I don’t intend to sell my old Xelento + Shure RMCE BT cable and KSE1500 even after receiving Traillii. And I actually don’t see any opinions being “silenced” regarding a particular IEM so I also think this thread will be fine.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back