flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jun 12, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #16,891 of 39,414
Guys, I don't think that it's been mentioned in this thread but seems appropriate as this is TOTL IEM thread - 2 weeks ago we have announced FIBAE7 - a new co-flagship
Full announcement here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/custom-art-fibae-7-announcement-impressions-thread.907951/

What's also important is that 10pcs (now a bit fewer) are off-the-shelf and ready to ship - so you can take an advantage and be one of the first to listen to it!
https://thecustomart.com/shop/acrylic-products/fibae-7-anniversary/
Definitely appropriate! Also, I think everyone here will already be well aware of the new FIBAE 7, as most of us have a weak spot for Custom Art. :wink:

Jun 12, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #16,893 of 39,414
Guys, I don't think that it's been mentioned in this thread but seems appropriate as this is TOTL IEM thread - 2 weeks ago we have announced FIBAE7 - a new co-flagship
Full announcement here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/custom-art-fibae-7-announcement-impressions-thread.907951/

What's also important is that 10pcs (now a bit fewer) are off-the-shelf and ready to ship - so you can take an advantage and be one of the first to listen to it!
https://thecustomart.com/shop/acrylic-products/fibae-7-anniversary/
Can't go wrong with Custom Art universals. Aesthetically & Sonically pleasing :p

46482454_1892334200882972_4599774540812255232_n.jpg

Jun 14, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #16,895 of 39,414
I just got my first taste of a hybrid not called the LX.

Having tried some of Noble's previous offerings and having been somewhat disappointed for those pricetags, my initial experience with the Khan has been nothing short of stellar.

Empire's double W9s are skull shaking for sure but ended up overpowering the very capable mids and treble. The single dynamic on the Khan, just wow I can no settle for even the Phantom's BA bass.

For just 4BAs dedicated to the mids, they're quite similar to the Zeus in sound stage and forwardness of vocals. Both male and female vocals are astounding and doesnt have that veil the Phantom does.

Now the pizo tweeter. You know how the Zeus treble was just too hot for some tracks? The Phantom dialed that back to make it a low fatigue sound but a bit too much. The Khan hits that sweet spot in between, I specifically hit all the tracks that fell into this category with Zeus and Phantom, flawless.

All on single ended off the Aries II. I love to hear what cable rolling can do with this.

Now the question is: Do I sell the Phantom to finance it.

Jun 14, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #16,897 of 39,414
Jun 14, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #16,899 of 39,414
I just got my first taste of a hybrid not called the LX.

Having tried some of Noble's previous offerings and having been somewhat disappointed for those pricetags, my initial experience with the Khan has been nothing short of stellar.

Empire's double W9s are skull shaking for sure but ended up overpowering the very capable mids and treble. The single dynamic on the Khan, just wow I can no settle for even the Phantom's BA bass.

For just 4BAs dedicated to the mids, they're quite similar to the Zeus in sound stage and forwardness of vocals. Both male and female vocals are astounding and doesnt have that veil the Phantom does.

Now the pizo tweeter. You know how the Zeus treble was just too hot for some tracks? The Phantom dialed that back to make it a low fatigue sound but a bit too much. The Khan hits that sweet spot in between, I specifically hit all the tracks that fell into this category with Zeus and Phantom, flawless.

All on single ended off the Aries II. I love to hear what cable rolling can do with this.

Dont sell the phantom, you have 2 kidneys, sell one to fiance your Khan :ksc75smile:

Jun 14, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #16,900 of 39,414
Dont sell the phantom, you have 2 kidneys, sell one to fiance your Khan :ksc75smile:
Need to save the kidney for the lady when she wants something. Phantom it is :frowning2: I'll miss you bby

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #16,902 of 39,414
Jun 15, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #16,904 of 39,414
No.
No.
No.
No.
tenor.gif

Kidneys sure.
Maybe a spleen.
Your first-born of course.
Definitely your soul.
But never ever your Phantom!

...just my humble opinion. :p

Users who are viewing this thread