flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jun 15, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #16,907 of 39,414
No.
No.
No.
No.
tenor.gif

Kidneys sure.
Maybe a spleen.
Your first-born of course.
Definitely your soul.
But never ever your Phantom!

...just my humble opinion. :p
Lets tempt fate, if it sells in a week. If not...

Jun 15, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #16,908 of 39,414
Lets tempt fate, if it sells in a week. If not...

When I saw your FS ad, I knew I had to hop over to this thread to see what the heck was going on. I immediately worried that you were in financial trouble given how much I know you love the Phantom! Glad to see it's just a case of upgraditis which is common around these parts :) Best of luck and hope you can get the Khan if that's what you're after my friend :)

-Collin-

Jun 15, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #16,909 of 39,414
When I saw your FS ad, I knew I had to hop over to this thread to see what the heck was going on. I immediately worried that you were in financial trouble given how much I know you love the Phantom! Glad to see it's just a case of upgraditis which is common around these parts :) Best of luck and hope you can get the Khan if that's what you're after my friend :)

-Collin-
Good ole upgraditis indeed. After hearing the Khan, I suspect the Wraith or the Valkyrie will be an addition to my stable replacing Phantom like how Zeus got replaced.

Jun 16, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #16,910 of 39,414
Good ole upgraditis indeed. After hearing the Khan, I suspect the Wraith or the Valkyrie will be an addition to my stable replacing Phantom like how Zeus got replaced.
Just skip all the small steps, sell your soul and go for the king. It is only $7k (if I understand correctly).
King-Arthur-06.jpg

Jun 16, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #16,911 of 39,414
Just skip all the small steps, sell your soul and go for the king. It is only $7k (if I understand correctly).
I probably get institutionalized for that Erik. Plus EA giving me this AK vibe that Im not fond of.

Jun 16, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #16,912 of 39,414
I probably get institutionalized for that Erik. Plus EA giving me this AK vibe that Im not fond of.
EA has done these special editions before. I quite like them, but they are unapologetic luxury items that I will never be able to justify buying for myself. Still, I lived in London and so have seen much worse (eg. £1,000 hair cuts and £100k p/m rental flats). :p

Jun 16, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #16,913 of 39,414
£1,000 hair cuts ?

what a shame , people dying from not having enough money to get through the day while some rich dumb as.shole throws away 1000 pounds for a stupid haircut

such unjust universe , huh ?

Jun 16, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #16,915 of 39,414
£1,000 hair cuts ?

what a shame , people dying from not having enough money to get through the day while some rich dumb as.shole throws away 1000 pounds for a stupid haircut

It's quite possible that person spending their own money they earned on that haircut has already given a portion of their money to some charitable cause.

Jun 16, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #16,916 of 39,414
£1,000 hair cuts ?

Your post seems to be directed at yourself...but replace haircut with headphone cable

Kind of hypocritical of you to say that when we spend hundreds to thousands of $$$ on IEMs, don't you think? Very hypocritical of you actually, if you read your signature and sum the dollar value of all items listed. Nothing wrong with enjoying your hobby, but we must check our privilege.

Help yourself first, then help others, that is all we can do eh? In the meantime, we can wait for more reviews of the CTM Da Vinci, that needs more attention

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #16,917 of 39,414
EA has done these special editions before. I quite like them, but they are unapologetic luxury items that I will never be able to justify buying for myself. Still, I lived in London and so have seen much worse (eg. £1,000 hair cuts and £100k p/m rental flats). :p
You're telling me a dude moves the scissors around your head 7 times and he gets the King?
Man, what a life.

Jun 17, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #16,918 of 39,414
You're telling me a dude moves the scissors around your head 7 times and he gets the King?
Man, what a life.
Just think what an efficient barber could earn in a week. They would be able to go through every stage of the Head-fi journey in five days and make the move to speakers by the weekend. :D

Jun 17, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #16,920 of 39,414
Mom says be a doctor...
Dad says be a lawyer...
Some say be an architect...
All I ever wanted to be since I discovered HeadFi community was Audio Reviewer (now a barber)...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back