flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jun 9, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #16,876 of 39,414
Really nice review and great pictures.
I just have to add that it pairs really nicely with U/A18t, the OSLO is an amazing cable.. with a "not so crazy price", impeccable build and phenomenal ergonomics. It is by far the best value for money cable currently on the market (from the cables I tried, and I tried a lot of cables lately..).
And with "awesome plug" I switch between SP1000Cu and Hugo 2 effortlessly... I'm really in love with OSLO.

+you get a small bottle of snake oil with it!!
*very small

Jun 9, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #16,877 of 39,414
Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #16,878 of 39,414
...(if i find a pack of money lying in the street)

giphy.gif

Jun 9, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #16,879 of 39,414
from what i read, Oslo seems like an improved Lionheart - could you compare these 2 cables a bit ?

looks like a great cable for my Zeus XR (if i find a pack of money lying in the street)

great review, as always
I have both and my findings are in line with @twister6, in short "wider soundstage" & "deeper and higher quantity sub-bass rumble". I almost think there is a small DD somewhere hidden in the cable..

https://twister6.com/2019/03/22/dita-audio-oslo-cable/ - go to page 2, comparisons.. OSLO vs EA Lionheart

I would also add much better ergonomics and overall usability (awesome plug is awesome :) ).

Jun 9, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #16,880 of 39,414

Great review and spot on analysis. This cable is a wonder and works so well with A12t, so well in fact I have had no desire to keep searching for my audio nirvana, as I believe I have found it in this pairing. It even sounds outstanding paired with my Samsung S9 phone. I have my WM1A coming back from Music Sanctuary soon with the ultimate mod and new battery/wiring, so looking forward to hearing how that sounds.

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #16,881 of 39,414
Really nice review and great pictures.
I just have to add that it pairs really nicely with U/A18t, the OSLO is an amazing cable.. with a "not so crazy price", impeccable build and phenomenal ergonomics. It is by far the best value for money cable currently on the market (from the cables I tried, and I tried a lot of cables lately..).
And with "awesome plug" I switch between SP1000Cu and Hugo 2 effortlessly... I'm really in love with OSLO.

+you get a small bottle of snake oil with it!!

Thank you! Given what I've heard with the A6t, I can imagine the OSLO being wonderful for its bigger brothers as well. I also very much agree with you on the price bit. Although it can definitely be categorised as a luxury purchase, it doesn't feel like DITA have compromised anything at all to achieve it. Again, it's unequivocally standard-setting as far as warmer, richer-sounding cables go.

from what i read, Oslo seems like an improved Lionheart - could you compare these 2 cables a bit ?

looks like a great cable for my Zeus XR (if i find a pack of money lying in the street)

great review, as always

It wouldn't be unfair to say that. Unfortunately, my Lionheart's been converted to the 8-wire version, so I can't compare the two at the moment. But, from what I can remember, the Lionheart has a much livelier upper-mids, which extends into the top-end a bit. The OSLO is more laid-back, chill and atmospheric-sounding of the two. The Lionheart has more of that vibrant, in-your-face energy with its smooth warmth. But, in terms of technical performance, I believe the OSLO has stronger resolution, background blackness and imaging capabilities. So, if you don't mind your upper-mids sounding a bit calmer (imagine your female vocalists and higher-pitched horns taking a step or two back compared to the Lionheart), the OSLO can definitely be an upgrade path for you.

Great review and spot on analysis. This cable is a wonder and works so well with A12t, so well in fact I have had no desire to keep searching for my audio nirvana, as I believe I have found it in this pairing. It even sounds outstanding paired with my Samsung S9 phone. I have my WM1A coming back from Music Sanctuary soon with the ultimate mod and new battery/wiring, so looking forward to hearing how that sounds.

Thanks so much! Hope you enjoy your new toys soon. :D

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #16,882 of 39,414
Well....i've seen quite a lot masterfully handcrafted customs but imo these beautys nail it....the VE8 arrived today.

VE8_1.jpg

VE82_c.jpg

VE83.jpg

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #16,883 of 39,414
Well....i've seen quite a lot masterfully handcrafted customs but imo these beautys nail it....the VE8 arrived today.

Jaw has officially been dropped. Masterful work from VE! What kind of wood is that if I may ask? I don’t remember seeing it on their online designer.

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #16,884 of 39,414
Jaw has officially been dropped. Masterful work from VE! What kind of wood is that if I may ask? I don’t remember seeing it on their online designer.
Same here with my Jaw :wink:

This kind of wood isn't officially available. This design is 100% bespoke :) .... I urgently wanted one of a kind this time.

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #16,886 of 39,414
I have been using UE-10 Pros for years and the BAs are aging. Most of my listening has been through HD800S but I needed a new CIEM. The choices are pretty overwhelming nowadays. I wanted to stay under $1500 and preferred close to studio reference tuning like the old UERM had. Research showed me the new UERR was no longer a reference monitor due to the shelved treble, and the v3 tuning was a step backwards for the UE 18+ Pro v2 according to crinacle. I decided to go with Perfect Seal Decas which @shotgunshane has said are "everything the UERR should have been."

Mike at Perfect Seal got the Decas to me three weeks after I sent impressions in:

deca2.jpg

Fit and finish are excellent. My chain is Audirvana+ > Yggdrasil > Vali 2 > Deca. No equalization with the Decas, I have a Loki handy but don't feel the need for it. Bass extension and punch is excellent without bleeding into the midrange. The Decas are very revealing CIEMs, they don't gloss over a poor recording. They also scale well with a better DAC. I think imaging and headstage is excellent for a CIEM and my reference is HD800S powered by a Kenzie amp.

I enjoy listening to the Decas as much as my HD800S and a bonus is they don't need $2000 worth of tube amp, a Vali 2 works just fine. They give up a little headstage depth compared to the HD800S as well as some air around instruments and voices but not much. The Perfect Seal Deca ship in a personalized Pelican 1010 Micro case and sell for $1450.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #16,887 of 39,414
Might be because of a rumor that an A12t survived brutal use / sanding and still look (?) and sound good that caught the mass attention and a cult following...

Picked up my PlusSound GPC. You are right @Wyville , ergonomic of the PlusSound GPC X-series certainly is the one thing that is attractive for portability and functionality. Cable is flexible and did not experience microphonics. I would not expect less and indeed the build quality is excellent.

On separate note, while I was looking around for cables, stumble upon Double Helix Cables (DHC) and had an interesting read on their FAQ segment about their stand on "gold plated cable" (https://doublehelixcables.com/faq/). Food for thought....

(together with the cable, the ATOM gold does not appear sticking out too much eh?)

Peter’s correct, gold cables are complete BS.

Jun 12, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #16,889 of 39,414
Guys, I don't think that it's been mentioned in this thread but seems appropriate as this is TOTL IEM thread - 2 weeks ago we have announced FIBAE7 - a new co-flagship
Full announcement here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/custom-art-fibae-7-announcement-impressions-thread.907951/

What's also important is that 10pcs (now a bit fewer) are off-the-shelf and ready to ship - so you can take an advantage and be one of the first to listen to it!
https://thecustomart.com/shop/acrylic-products/fibae-7-anniversary/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back