flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
May 29, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #1,636 of 39,414
K10 had a nice sound but sometine it lacked bass and can get sparkly at times.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #1,637 of 39,414
I think it's just easy to pick on the king. Noble's K10 enjoys more positive reviews than any other IEM, which is bound to draw the ire of those who's personal tastes don't align. That's not justification for them to act so hostile towards Noble or those who do love that sound sig. It's merely inevitable. We see it in every medium.

I've not heard the K10, but hot damn do I like the Encore.
Fanboy

May 29, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #1,638 of 39,414
It's just the optics of how the Noble thread is run, it really comes across as cultish and close-minded. Compare Jack's reaction when someone criticized an Empire Ears product to John's. Jack says, "sorry, it wasn't the right fit for you, PM me and we can work something out." When someone posts Nic's Katana review on the Noble thread, John immediately throws a link to a glowing Kaiser encore review that was already cited on the previous page, and everyone attacks the person for posting Nic's review because it wasn't ball-suckingly flattering. Unfortunately, most of the criticism falls on you because you've assumed the de facto non-corporate leadership of that thread. I have nothing against you and am sure its not your intent, I'm just explaining how it comes across as an outsider. Please don't take this harshly I don't mean to kick you while your down, I just want to bring some awareness.

John posts the Encore review in the thread and it falls on me? Give me a break, the whole my thread thing is once again just about humor. Yes John can get defensive, Noble isn't perfect, I dont doubt if people were posting things in other threads that what you label as ball suckingly flattering, they would face backlash from members.

May 29, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #1,640 of 39,414
K10 had a nice sound but sometine it lacked bass and can get sparkly at times.

If that's how you perceive K10, Encore will be too bright for you with bass being too neutral - try Katana instead, thicker at the bottom, smoother at the top.

May 29, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #1,641 of 39,414
I had nothing to do with the custom title, I asked for one an Warren just made that. The fanboy thing, its just getting old, people think Noble is the only company that I feel makes a good product. I just have the most time listening to their stuff, I liked the Andromeda when I gave it a brief listen, but I guess since I am not in that thread it makes me bias. My name has even been dragged and ridiculed on other sites, all from my love for Noble. I don't go after anyone else about what they like, but when certain people attack Noble just for reasons they have, its as bad as doing it to any company here.

Why not ping one of the admins, Joe or Brian, and ask them to change the custom title? Takes a minute for them and will help you to avoid Noble-shaming :wink:

May 29, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #1,642 of 39,414
John posts the Encore review in the thread and it falls on me? Give me a break, the whole my thread thing is once again just about humor. Yes John can get defensive, Noble isn't perfect, I dont doubt if people were posting things in other threads that what you label as ball suckingly flattering, they would face backlash from members.
Take a deep breath and enjoy what you enjoy...I always wanted to try Noble, I loved my Heir I had. There were so many TOTL IEMs to purchase and I couldn't beg my way into a review sample so it just never happened. That said the XRA is technically incredible, but whether I have a need to listen to Noble doesn't matter, I have the curiosity.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #1,643 of 39,414
Why not ping one of the admins, Joe or Brian, and ask them to change the custom title? Takes a minute for them and will help you to avoid Noble-shaming :wink:

I did ask Ethan a while ago, never got a response, so I just let it go. I shouldn't have any Noble shaming just because I like their products. I also doubt removing the title would change anything.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #1,644 of 39,414
I did ask Ethan a while ago, never got a response, so I just let it go. I shouldn't have any Noble shaming just because I like their products. I also doubt removing the title would change anything.

Either ask @joe or @AxelCloris and they will be able to change your custom title, bud!

May 29, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #1,645 of 39,414
Well imagine if someone else has "JH iems are the best iems ever" in his title, and he posts that Layla is the most awesome iem. It's hard to take that seriously, right? It's because every post is already put in a particular context, that seems very biased to begin with. I think you might be underestimating the effect that has on how people perceive your posts.

I think Ethan's full time job is organising Canjams, I don't think he's involved in any of the day to day moderating..

May 29, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #1,647 of 39,414
Honestly, when my ..... arrive tomorrow I hope I can become a fanboy

Well, it was about time that UPS got their own fanboy :wink:

package-delivery.jpg

But on a serious note: I'm curious how that Dream will work out for you :thinking:

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #1,648 of 39,414
May 29, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #1,650 of 39,414
Well imagine if someone else has "JH iems are the best iems ever" in his title, and he posts that Layla is the most awesome iem. It's hard to take that seriously, right? It's because every post is already put in a particular context, that seems very biased to begin with. I think you might be underestimating the effect that has on how people perceive your posts.

I think Ethan's full time job is organising Canjams, I don't think he's involved in any of the day to day moderating..
Well, it was about time that UPS got their own fanboy :wink:

But on a serious note: I'm curious how that Dream will work out for you :thinking:
If it doesn't it shouldn't be too difficult to sell, there is a bit of mystique surrounding the Dream. My freaking curiosity costs me a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back