FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Apr 28, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #7,321 of 7,931
Where did you listen to the Celeste and how do you know about their price?

The price has been floated now and again at $2000. I am more interested in the other new options that may be released in the next few months.

I keep hearing such good things about the IT04. I must say I am fond of the IT01. Those have become my out and about IEMs.

Apr 28, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #7,322 of 7,931
Forrest will announce his new products when they are ready. Paul of IBasso is the same way; the products come out when they are ready to come out.

Periodically I buy electronics that really are not quite ready for prime time and that can be frustrating, but at least those can be updated with firmware (usually). With hardware like IEMs, they really have to be ready to go from the get go.

With FLC and and some other vendors (LZ); the filters can sometimes be tuned after the fact which modifies my point a bit, but you get my drift. I did think it was interesting that the second set of filters for the LZ-A5 are getting much better reviews than the first batch. I still wish there were a few more filter options for the FLC8S; something between the gold and gray for the MF/HF for example Or something in between the gray and black LF filters. I thought it was pretty interesting to see the modified gold filter referenced above. I did have a head-fi buddy modify my blue filters in a similar fashion, and I ended up with a detuned green. But realistically I mainly live in gray (gunmetal) and sometimes take a walk on the wild side with gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 28, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #7,323 of 7,931
The price has been floated now and again at $2000. I am more interested in the other new options that may be released in the next few months.

I keep hearing such good things about the IT04. I must say I am fond of the IT01. Those have become my out and about IEMs.
Around the $2000 price mark for an IEM with custom (non-user-replaceable) cables, the new Shure KSE1200 is going to be serious competition for Celeste.

I've heard good things about the IT03 - that's iBasso, right? Anybody got any thoughts on how this line of IEMs compared to the FLC8s?

May 1, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #7,326 of 7,931
Did you end up having any luck with this?
The jury's still out on this one. Penon Audio couldn't help me (they don't sell FLC8S eartips). Emailing Lend Me Ur Ears goes like this:

Me: Do you sell FLC8S eartips?
Them: This is an automated response. We will get back to you within 48 hours.
Them (48 hrs later): Yes.
Me: Ok, great, I'd like to buy some.
Them (48 hrs later): Ok.
Me: Great, so how do I order them?
Them (48 hrs later): We will need to send you a PayPal invoice.
Me: Ok, so would you please send me a PayPal invoice?
Them (48 hrs later): PayPal invoice sent.
Me: Pays Lend Me Ur Ears via PayPal.
Them (48 hrs later): Can you please confirm your shipping address is the one on your PayPal account?
Me: Yes, that's the correct address.
Still no eartips, but maybe (?) they're being packaged up and getting ready to be shipped any day now?!?

It's a great shame these are so difficult to buy; they're actually really good eartips. I have to eat humble pie here and admit @Flcforrestwei was right about the extra treble extension (beyond 10 kHz) that these give. It's not a huge effect - but it's noticeable.

May 1, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #7,327 of 7,931
Lend Me Ur Ears tends to ship things without sending a tracking notice. If you email them and ask for the tracking they will send it. I generally find them to be slow to respond but reliable. One time they forgot to include part of one order but they fixed it right away.

Personally, I like and use JVC Spiral Dots with the FLC8S. But mileage with tips varies widely.

May 1, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #7,328 of 7,931
Lend Me Ur Ears tends to ship things without sending a tracking notice. If you email them and ask for the tracking they will send it. I generally find them to be slow to respond but reliable. One time they forgot to include part of one order but they fixed it right away.

Personally, I like and use JVC Spiral Dots with the FLC8S. But mileage with tips varies widely.
Dude - have you just changed your avatar to something patented and proprietary to a particular celebes crested macaque? Oooh, you're going to get sued!!! :wink:

May 1, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #7,329 of 7,931
The jury's still out on this one. Penon Audio couldn't help me (they don't sell FLC8S eartips). Emailing Lend Me Ur Ears goes like this:

Me: Do you sell FLC8S eartips?
Them (48 hrs later): Yes.
Me: Ok, great, I'd like to buy some.
Them (48 hrs later): Ok.
Me: Great, so how do I order them?
Them (48 hrs later): We will need to send you a PayPal invoice.
Me: Ok, so would you please send me a PayPal invoice?
Them (48 hrs later): PayPal invoice sent.
Me: Pays Lend Me Ur Ears via PayPal.
Them (48 hrs later): Can you please confirm your shipping address is the one on your PayPal account?
Me: Yes, that's the correct address.
Still no eartips, but maybe (?) they're being packaged up and getting ready to be shipped any day now?!?

It's a great shame these are so difficult to buy; they're actually really good eartips. I have to eat humble pie here and admit @Flcforrestwei was right about the extra treble extension (beyond 10 kHz) that these give. It's not a huge effect - but it's noticeable.

Same page. I tipped rolled like crazy over many months with my FLC8 before realizing stock are best, lol. I'm trying to get some for my Audio-Technica IEMs - they're perfect for those.

Thanks for the info - that will save me a lot of steps. :ksc75smile:

May 1, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #7,330 of 7,931
Dude - have you just changed your avatar to something patented and proprietary to a particular celebes crested macaque? Oooh, you're going to get sued!!! :wink:

Hey hey were the Monkees, the kids say we monkey around, but were to busy swinging to put anybody down.

The ruling by the way, was that the Monkey's themselves could not hold copyrights. And they took their own selfies. Which boggles my mind.

Last edited:
May 5, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #7,333 of 7,931
need help,
can you name some iems with similar technology (3 way hybrid) and similar signature? like 2-3 iems that can get as close to flc8s as possible
need it for viper4arise mod
FLC8S doesn't have a "signature", it all depends on the combination of filters you choose to use

May 5, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #7,334 of 7,931
FLC8S doesn't have a "signature", it all depends on the combination of filters you choose to use

Even though these are indeed customizable, I would say that they have a "base" signature. Which is relatively neutral to my thinking, perhaps a bit bass shy compared with other popular IEMs.

I "cheat" and use the red ULF filter but otherwise stick to more neutral tunings most of the time. (grey LF and gunmetal MF/HF).

May 6, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #7,335 of 7,931
I received the flc8n 3 days ago. I'll post some pictures soon. So far I am very pleased with the sound (which isn't a surprise since I tried Flc8s in a shop before purchasing 8n). Right now I am using red clear gunmetal combination which gives me good clarity in mids and highs and retains some punch in the bass with the red.

My only concern right now is the eartips. I'd like to find some good ones that are comfortable for long term use because right now the stock ones hurt me a bit after 30 mins of listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back