FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jan 21, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #5,942 of 7,931
  i've never had a fidue...how does the a91 differ from the flc8s?
i hear the $$$ sirius is quite nice, too...expect so at that price, however

I sent you a lengthy PM. In short, everything is bigger and better haha. However, the FLC 8S holds its own. It's just simply outclassed by the bigger badder hybrid. The A91 is worth the asking price in my opinion. In evolutionary terms, I'd say the natural progression would be: GR07 >>> 8S >>> (missing link) >>> A91. Not sure if that makes sense but I feel like the GR07 is one step away from the 8S. The 8S feels like it's two steps away from the A91. Others may disagree, though. I think Fidue have done an exceptional job with the tuning and imaging that really sets the A91 apart. It's so natural and immersive. Totally underrated IMO.

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #5,944 of 7,931
hell I think you're right.
Sorry for any confusion.

Any more info on Celeste and potential release dates?

Yep it's the same 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Flcforrestwei need to create a Celeste thread and keep us updated. Are there any specs or pricing info available? I'm interested to see how it matches up against the A91 since the 8S and A83 are pretty evenly matched.

Jan 21, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #5,945 of 7,931
  I sent you a lengthy PM. In short, everything is bigger and better haha. However, the FLC 8S holds its own. It's just simply outclassed by the bigger badder hybrid. The A91 is worth the asking price in my opinion. In evolutionary terms, I'd say the natural progression would be: GR07 >>> 8S >>> (missing link) >>> A91. Not sure if that makes sense but I feel like the GR07 is one step away from the 8S. The 8S feels like it's two steps away from the A91. Others may disagree, though. I think Fidue have done an exceptional job with the tuning and imaging that really sets the A91 apart. It's so natural and immersive. Totally underrated IMO.

Exactly, while waiting for the sequel to GR07 (still waiting!) I bought the FLC8 and found its spiritual successor.

Jan 21, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #5,946 of 7,931
  So I just got the FLC 8S and I'm very impressed! Whoever said they were a direct upgrade from the GR07 was right on the money! I very impressed with them. I'm also really surprised at how well they isolate o_O I wasn't expecting much because of the ports. I'm using the gray, gray, gold configuration and they sound like a refined GR07 Bass Edition IMO. These are now my daily drivers. They either beat or stack up well against everything in my inventory (see signature). I definitely need to consider selling some stuff now. If the 8S is any indication of what we can expect from the Celeste, I'm ready to sell the farm for those bad boys!
basshead.gif

hmm.. does the flc 8s really isolate that well? i switched from the se215 to these and i had to sacrifice quite a lot of isolation (i can actually hear a lorry driving by me now.) is it just that the shures isolate exceptionally?

Jan 21, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #5,947 of 7,931
  hmm.. does the flc 8s really isolate that well? i switched from the se215 to these and i had to sacrifice quite a lot of isolation (i can actually hear a lorry driving by me now.) is it just that the shures isolate exceptionally?

To clarify, the FLC 8S isolates well when compared to the Noble Savanna and Campfire Jupiter. It doesn't beat them but it holds its own. It definitely trumps any ported dynamic IEMs I've heard. I've never owned any of the Shure IEMs but I've always been under the impression that they isolate better much than most universals.

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #5,949 of 7,931

We need to find that missing link because I don't want to spend $900! 
redface.gif

Maybe K3003 somewhere in there? It's come down in price quite a lot, but I can't help feel that it's dated (simply because it was one of the first). 

-Collin-

Jan 24, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #5,950 of 7,931

redface.gif

Maybe K3003 somewhere in there? It's come down in price quite a lot, but I can't help feel that it's dated (simply because it was one of the first). 

-Collin-

Hahaha I'm on the hunt! However, the Celest might be the missing link depending on the price and performance. On another note, the FLC 8S has forced me to put some of my other IEMs on the market. Not because they suck but their price to performance looks bad standing next to the FLC 8S.

I also have to be honest about something. After more listening sessions through my Oppo HA-2, the FLC 8S has bit more detail in the mids when compared to the Fidue A91 Sirius. The Fidue A91 Sirius sounds bigger, though IMO. Through standard sources (i.e. mac, pc, phone, ipod) this difference goes undetected.

That being said, I'd still pick the Fidue for overall presentation of sound. The FLC 8S scales extremely well. I can definitely hear a huge difference between the Oppo HA-2 and subpar sources. This wasn't always so apparent to me before, which has given me further appreciation for my Oppo HA-2.  

Jan 24, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #5,951 of 7,931

redface.gif

-Collin-

Well, 1 Plus 2 is also quite aged but still pretty high in demand cos it's a unicorn. This and K3003 paved the way for hybrids early on.

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #5,952 of 7,931
Well there's the AKG N40 but I'm not sure how much of an upgrade it would over the FLC 8S. Aside from material choices, it may be a step down haha.

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #5,953 of 7,931
Hi guys,

I really want to buy these inears (using my first real salary payment!!!).

However, I have pretty small ears and I"m worried the housing might not fit comfortably.

For reference, the TDK BA200s fit perfect, they are even slightly smaller then necessary.
The shure se415 was too big though. 

So any input would be greatly appreciated.

Marley

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #5,954 of 7,931
 the housing of the flc8s is rather tiny and very light (plastic shell). i've had the se215 before and the flc8s is far smaller than the se215. and owning to it's special design, the part that actually is put into the concha is rather small. from the pictures, i'd say that the flc8s should have a similar size to the TDK BA200, taller vertically, but shorter horizontally.
  Hi guys,

I really want to buy these inears (using my first real salary payment!!!).

However, I have pretty small ears and I"m worried the housing might not fit comfortably.

For reference, the TDK BA200s fit perfect, they are even slightly smaller then necessary.
The shure se415 was too big though. 

So any input would be greatly appreciated.

Marley

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #5,955 of 7,931
   the housing of the flc8s is rather tiny and very light (plastic shell). i've had the se215 before and the flc8s is far smaller than the se215. and owning to it's special design, the part that actually is put into the concha is rather small. from the pictures, i'd say that the flc8s should have a similar size to the TDK BA200, taller vertically, but shorter horizontally.

Thanks! Now I'll for sure buy them. I'll be sure to leave my impressions :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back