FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jul 19, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #4,457 of 7,931

there is a risk. honestly, it depends on your flc8s whether it can fit 0.74mm or 0.75mm

beerchug.gif

Jul 20, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #4,458 of 7,931
  there is a risk. honestly, it depends on your flc8s whether it can fit 0.74mm or 0.75mm

beerchug.gif

And I would have no way of measuring that accurately. Is there any way to be positive based on the packaging or something?

Jul 20, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #4,460 of 7,931
Where is the best place to buy FLC8s. I'm in HK now so maybe that helps. I will also be visiting Malaysia, KL. Thanks.

No dealers in KL AFAIK. Unless you're making a stop at Lend Me Ur Ears in Singapore. I bought from their online store.

Jul 20, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #4,461 of 7,931
Hi guys, new to head fi and been a proud FLC 8s owner for over 6 months now. I lost all my filters because of a prank a few weeks ago and made a reorder of the FLC8 on lendmeurears. Have always been listening to the Red - grey - gold combo, I felt that the replacement filter's midrange is not as forward or liquid as the old one. Also, the gold filter is light gold in color rather than bright gold like my old one.I think the filter may be the non updated version on the FLC 8, not the ones shipped with the 8s. Anyone know where I can buy some spare filter for the 8S ?

Jul 20, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #4,463 of 7,931

It will fit - don't worry. I've tried several cables with FLC8 including 2 from TF10. Actually I think TF10 connector fits better - it's a bit tighter and holds more strongly. Just remember to be careful when disconnecting the cable - there's always a real risk you might pull it out along with the plug.

Jul 20, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #4,467 of 7,931
Hi guys, new to head fi and been a proud FLC 8s owner for over 6 months now. I lost all my filters because of a prank a few weeks ago and made a reorder of the FLC8 on lendmeurears. Have always been listening to the Red - grey - gold combo, I felt that the replacement filter's midrange is not as forward or liquid as the old one. Also, the gold filter is light gold in color rather than bright gold like my old one.I think the filter may be the non updated version on the FLC 8, not the ones shipped with the 8s. Anyone know where I can buy some spare filter for the 8S ?

The old one has two holes at the side, the new one only has one.

Jul 20, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #4,468 of 7,931
Jul 20, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #4,469 of 7,931

It will fit - don't worry. I've tried several cables with FLC8 including 2 from TF10. Actually I think TF10 connector fits better - it's a bit tighter and holds more strongly. Just remember to be careful when disconnecting the cable - there's always a real risk you might pull it out along with the plug.

To me if there is a risk of pulling out the pin socket when disconnecting the cable (or having the pin stick in the socket instead of coming out with the cable), then it doesn't fit perfectly and is a risk. If it fits tighter than the original cable, then likely the new cable has slightly enlarged the socket and the original cable may no longer connect properly.  Granted, if you purchase a new cable and plan to never disconnect or go back to the original, then it shouldn't be a problem.  Original FLC8 cable fits perfectly and doesn't have the ergonomic and microphonic issues of the FLC8S cable.  Personally I wouldn't risk .75 mm pins, but some people have.

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #4,470 of 7,931

To me if there is a risk of pulling out the pin socket when disconnecting the cable (or having the pin stick in the socket instead of coming out with the cable), then it doesn't fit perfectly and is a risk. If it fits tighter than the original cable, then likely the new cable has slightly enlarged the socket and the original cable may no longer connect properly.  Granted, if you purchase a new cable and plan to never disconnect or go back to the original, then it shouldn't be a problem.  Original FLC8 cable fits perfectly and doesn't have the ergonomic and microphonic issues of the FLC8S cable.  Personally I wouldn't risk .75 mm pins, but some people have.

In my case pin socket was pulled out along with cable in UE TF10 (original cable) - hence the warning. I've had no problem with FLC8s with different cables but the pin socket construction is the same as in TF10 - so in my opinion it's the most vulnerable part and alertness is advised no matter how well cable fits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back