FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jul 15, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #4,441 of 7,931
That's who I ordered my set from. All seemed legit. Wrapped/sealed packaging and order arrived within 4 days or so. Might order red next time from him/her/them if I'm in the mood for a colour change.

yes esp with his rating and history, 2 things i always watch for...seems legit, too.

Seller information

szclever88 (4289 )
99% Positive feedback

Jul 15, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #4,442 of 7,931
Just got them from the ebay guy. If worse comes to worse (fake), I'll run a charge-back. Considering I'm coming off of $180 dunu dn1k (price when I got them last year), I expect these to blow them away if they're aren't counterfeit.

I was reading comparisons between the flc 8s, dunu 2002, fx850, and dunu 1000. Supposedly, the flc8s has the best detail retrieval, instrument separation, and soundstage. The dunu 2000 is supposed to come in a close second. The sub bass is supposed to be stronger than everything except the fx850. So, it looks like these should be a complete upgrade over my dunu 1000 which started going bad at the headphone jack.

I've read that the cable on these are kind of noisy, so I thought about using my amazon credit to get a new cable for this. I'm just glad that detachable cables are slowly becoming the norm. From the gr07 to the dunu 1000, having the headphones stop working, because of the part that plugs in at the headphone jack, is pretty frustrating. Instead making a fancy carrying case, I'd have much rather the companies put that money into stronger cables. But, that shouldn't be an issue since these are removable.

I cannot wait to hear them. I am going for that red, grey, and yellow setup. I'm aiming for that strong sub-bass, medium mid-bass, and good treble that isn't earsplitting.

Jul 18, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #4,443 of 7,931
Just got them from the ebay guy. If worse comes to worse (fake), I'll run a charge-back. Considering I'm coming off of $180 dunu dn1k (price when I got them last year), I expect these to blow them away if they're aren't counterfeit.

I was reading comparisons between the flc 8s, dunu 2002, fx850, and dunu 1000. Supposedly, the flc8s has the best detail retrieval, instrument separation, and soundstage. The dunu 2000 is supposed to come in a close second. The sub bass is supposed to be stronger than everything except the fx850. So, it looks like these should be a complete upgrade over my dunu 1000 which started going bad at the headphone jack.

I've read that the cable on these are kind of noisy, so I thought about using my amazon credit to get a new cable for this. I'm just glad that detachable cables are slowly becoming the norm. From the gr07 to the dunu 1000, having the headphones stop working, because of the part that plugs in at the headphone jack, is pretty frustrating. Instead making a fancy carrying case, I'd have much rather the companies put that money into stronger cables. But, that shouldn't be an issue since these are removable.

I cannot wait to hear them. I am going for that red, grey, and yellow setup. I'm aiming for that strong sub-bass, medium mid-bass, and good treble that isn't earsplitting.

Dn2000 or DN2002?

Jul 18, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #4,444 of 7,931
How does everyone feel about theirs pushed in a little with your fingers to make sure seal is correct. I feel like the volume goes up just a little and everything sounds a bit narrower with a little sibilance added. I use the small stock tips and I guess it sounds worse, but I can't be certain if it sounds better or worse pushed in. Tried the xsm tips and boy something sounded off. A lot of distortion.

Jul 18, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #4,445 of 7,931
^
Mentioned already way back in this thread but I prefer the Mee Audio double-flanged tips as well as JVC's Spiral Dots. I could not get a comfortable or solid seal using any of the stock tips.

Jul 18, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #4,448 of 7,931
And where can I find these MEE audio double flanged wide bore tips everyone is talking about? Spiral dots are easy to get though.

Not hard. I got them directly from MEE Audio via their eBay store. Just get the ones specified for M6/M6 Pro and they'll fit the FL8S perfectly.

Jul 18, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #4,449 of 7,931

Leagues better than dn1000. Dn1000 is vshaped whih can be annoying.

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #4,451 of 7,931
Not hard. I got them directly from MEE Audio via their eBay store. Just get the ones specified for M6/M6 Pro and they'll fit the FL8S perfectly.

Just curious, how is core size calculated? FLC8s stock tip core is exactly 5mm in diameter and the M6 mee tips says core is 25mm. What is the measurement for this? Also curious why there is no size selection for the double flange M6 eartips? o.O

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #4,452 of 7,931
these puppies should be arriving this week.
hopefully i can then say  hasta la vista to most of my other iems: 1more e1001, sony xb90ex.
...will still keep apple earbuds for gym and monks plus for curiosity/value.

Jul 19, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #4,454 of 7,931
So I did a thorough experiment with the different sizes of stock tips and it looks like the small tips were actually a little big for me due to constantly having a big pressure difference between pushed in and not. That's when I realized I did not have a proper seal.

Read something on correctly fitting an er4s that you should get a proper seal when you cannot hear the resonance of your own voice. I think this is a good way to test proper seal, however this doesn't mean that it will always improve the sound since IEMs are calibrated differently. Has helped me, so if anyone is looking for something regarding fit, take this as a grain of salt. :D I can definitely notice improvement on subbass extension, however sounds a bit more grainier than before. I guess I can hear the flc8s revealing the detail of tracks much more and since most of my music library consists of EDM&pop, I am suffering from terrible mastering ^^

But then again, I have smaller ears than average people, so this probably doesn't apply to a lot of people 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back