FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jul 13, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #4,411 of 7,931

Still, I love these things. I just wish I could find tips in the same gray-blue color so the entire things matched.

Why? Hopefully the tips are inside your ear canal more often than not and no one will notice!
wink.gif

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #4,412 of 7,931
  I think the answer to that depends on each individual.  A tripling of purchase price of the FLC8S isn't going to give you any where near 3 times the sound quality, maybe 5% better if I had to put a number on it.  It might produce a much DIFFERENT sound, but not one much better.  That may still be worth it to some people, but it isn't to me.  Too many other things to spend money on, both out of necessity and to enjoy, and I think a lot of others are in the same boat.

guess it really comes down to 2 items: value and budget.

while i value good sound, i also have a budget, lol.
and for now at least i also value more diversifying my music listening thru exploring wifi options for a small kitchen/apt rig
like the naim mu so qb, the b&o zeppelin, or something from  blue sound,
since i have zilch....don't want to tie up all my money into cans/iems....
80-90% is good enough for me...for now :wink:

regardless, I think its great the progress we're all seeing for music: 
a wide variety of quality wifi systems and  portable audio setups are all around us,
with many different price points to suit all budgets.

Jul 13, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #4,413 of 7,931
  Why? Hopefully the tips are inside your ear canal more often than not and no one will notice!
wink.gif

I notice, and I'm stupid like that. >_>

guess it really comes down to 2 items: value and budget.

while i value good sound, i also have a budget, lol.
and for now at least i also value more diversifying my music listening thru exploring wifi options for a small kitchen/apt rig
like the naim mu so qb, the b&o zeppelin, or something from  blue sound,
since i have zilch....don't want to tie up all my money into cans/iems....
80-90% is good enough for me...for now :wink:

regardless, I think its great the progress we're all seeing for music: 
a wide variety of quality wifi systems and  portable audio setups are all around us,
with many different price points to suit all budgets.

Here's how I see it: I'm a "normal" guy with bills and a budget. K10s and such are not in the cards for my anyway, but if you can get 85-90% of their sound for < $400 then I fail to see why the remaining 10-15% justifiably costs $1,200. It seems like folks are paying for brand names and audiophile credibility rather than the products themselves—which flies in the face of my values. I would much rather support lesser-known companies with outstanding cost-effective products than save up for a couple of years to buy a single pair of IEMs, half the cost of which is embedded in the logo laser etched onto them.

Jul 13, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #4,414 of 7,931
  I notice, and I'm stupid like that. >_>

Here's how I see it: I'm a "normal" guy with bills and a budget. K10s and such are not in the cards for my anyway, but if you can get 85-90% of their sound for < $400 then I fail to see why the remaining 10-15% justifiably costs $1,200. It seems like folks are paying for brand names and audiophile credibility rather than the products themselves—which flies in the face of my values. I would much rather support lesser-known companies with outstanding cost-effective products than save up for a couple of years to buy a single pair of IEMs, half the cost of which is embedded in the logo laser etched onto them.

Check out Trinity Audio then.

Jul 13, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #4,417 of 7,931
PM 4 already has reviews look in the thread early on. 6 has no impressions or comparisons but with 6 drivers that has to blow the pants off the 4 or the Atlas I would presume.

No-one has heard the PM4 except Bob so far. There were very early impressions of the PM6 posted - but they are irrelevant because we asked him to retune it (which he has done)

Jul 13, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #4,419 of 7,931
I think I'm having a problem in replacing FLC's cable into a custom one. It's hard to find a 2 pin-connector (tf10 socket) that is 0.74 mm. I was about to use eidolic but I found out that it is 0.78 mm, which is too big. My plan is to use a hybrid cable. Is it possible to use 0.75 mm 2 pins without damaging FLC's socket? Need a little help here. >.<

Jul 13, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #4,420 of 7,931
I think I'm having a problem in replacing FLC's cable into a custom one. It's hard to find a 2 pin-connector (tf10 socket) that is 0.74 mm. I was about to use eidolic but I found out that it is 0.78 mm, which is too big. My plan is to use a hybrid cable. Is it possible to use 0.75 mm 2 pins without damaging FLC's socket? Need a little help here. >.

If you use the .75 pins, you run the risk of enlarging the sockets on the IEM, in which case you couldn't go back to .74, or you run the risk of having the pins separating from the cable and sticking in the socket when you remove the cable. I've seen it recommended if you want to use .75 pins, you should file them down slightly to make this less likely. I think it's not possible to say for sure if you will damage things or not with .75 pins. It likely depends on how tight the tolerances are on the individual sockets and pins.

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #4,421 of 7,931
If you use the .75 pins, you run the risk of enlarging the sockets on the IEM, in which case you couldn't go back to .74, or you run the risk of having the pins separating from the cable and sticking in the socket when you remove the cable. I've seen it recommended if you want to use .75 pins, you should file them down slightly to make this less likely. I think it's not possible to say for sure if you will damage things or not with .75 pins. It likely depends on how tight the tolerances are on the individual sockets and pins.

Tolerance is usually around +/- 0.02mm, which wont affect sockets just as long as you do not insert and remove frequently. The best/closest pins available for these are 0.75mm.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jul 13, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #4,422 of 7,931
Some FLC8S iems can fit 0.75mm, some can fit 0.74mm. It depends on your set.

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #4,423 of 7,931
Some FLC8S iems can fit 0.75mm, some can fit 0.74mm. It depends on your set.

Yes, it will vary on both IEM sockets and the connector pins.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jul 13, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #4,424 of 7,931
So it's a matter of luck whether 0.75 mm will fit without damage or not? Haha! I don't really want to risk the safety of my FLC, lol! Anyway, I really wanted to upgrade my cable, is there any news that maybe LMUE will release a pure silver cable or at least pure copper? Now I'm skeptic at buying upgrade cables -_-

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #4,425 of 7,931
So it's a matter of luck whether 0.75 mm will fit without damage or not? Haha! I don't really want to risk the safety of my FLC, lol! Anyway, I really wanted to upgrade my cable, is there any news that maybe LMUE will release a pure silver cable or at least pure copper? Now I'm skeptic at buying upgrade cables -_-
yes there is a risk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back