FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jul 13, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #4,426 of 7,931
I see. By the way guys, I'm seeing other custom cables on the market endorsed as "6N OCC Pure Silver Cable", "6N Silver Cable" so on and so forth, there's a notation of "Pure Silver". Is that the same with FLC's Single Crystal Silver Upgrade Cable? Or probably different? It's just that, it isn't as fancy/eye-catching as other cables. lol

Jul 13, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #4,427 of 7,931
I see. By the way guys, I'm seeing other custom cables on the market endorsed as "6N OCC Pure Silver Cable", "6N Silver Cable" so on and so forth, there's a notation of "Pure Silver". Is that the same with FLC's Single Crystal Silver Upgrade Cable? Or probably different? It's just that, it isn't as fancy/eye-catching as other cables. lol
what brand ? If litz, its better

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #4,428 of 7,931
  I think I'm having a problem in replacing FLC's cable into a custom one. It's hard to find a 2 pin-connector (tf10 socket) that is 0.74 mm. I was about to use eidolic but I found out that it is 0.78 mm, which is too big. My plan is to use a hybrid cable. Is it possible to use 0.75 mm 2 pins without damaging FLC's socket? Need a little help here. >.<

I've used two aftermarket cables with 0.75mm TF10 connectors (the Effect Audio Apollo and the Null Audio Arete MKII), and they fit snugly, but fine. They did stretch out the sockets, though, enough that the stock blue FLC8s cable now fits very loosely, and can be removed with very little resistance. I've never been a fan of the stock cable, so it hasn't bugged me. Strangely, the stock black FLC8 cable still fits pretty well.

I'm not necessarily making a recommendation, just putting my experience out there. I don't want to be held responsible for encouraging someone to damage their set or void their warranty. With that caveat out of the way, I'll say the two aftermarket cables are a huge ergonomic improvement over the stock blue cable. And I think they sound better.  

Jul 14, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #4,429 of 7,931
I've used two aftermarket cables with 0.75mm TF10 connectors (the Effect Audio Apollo and the Null Audio Arete MKII), and they fit snugly, but fine. They did stretch out the sockets, though, enough that the stock blue FLC8s cable now fits very loosely, and can be removed with very little resistance. I've never been a fan of the stock cable, so it hasn't bugged me. Strangely, the stock black FLC8 cable still fits pretty well.

I'm not necessarily making a recommendation, just putting my experience out there. I don't want to be held responsible for encouraging someone to damage their set or void their warranty. With that caveat out of the way, I'll say the two aftermarket cables are a huge ergonomic improvement over the stock blue cable. And I think they sound better.  
I see, so even though they are stretched out, you still have the benefit of good cable + sq improvement.

what brand ? If litz, its better
Yes, the that I can see on Double Helix Cable Website, "litz configuration". Better? You mean aftermarket cables are better than the Single Crystal Silver?

Jul 14, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #4,430 of 7,931
I see, so even though they are stretched out, you still have the benefit of good cable + sq improvement.
Yes, the that I can see on Double Helix Cable Website, "litz configuration". Better? You mean aftermarket cables are better than the Single Crystal Silver?

i try my flc8s with copper litz last time and it was great sounding.

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #4,432 of 7,931
I don't think that Litz configuration automatically makes a better cable.  There are many other variables.  Many fine cable are Litz and many are not.
can I ask what other variables oO

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #4,433 of 7,931
can I ask what other variables oO

Conductor material (copper or silver) and purity, pin connector material (some use very cheap material), cable insulator and jacket material, cable capacitance and resistance (often affected by cable geometry), quality of solder used, some would even say the crystal structure of the conductor.  I'm sure I'm forgetting some others.

There are lots of variables dome will be more important than others for individual applications.  Cables are a tricky business and many would say they all sound the same anyway (don't want to get into that here).

My main concern with a cable for the FLC8S would getting one that does not risk damaging the sockets.

Jul 14, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #4,434 of 7,931
  Conductor material (copper or silver) and purity, pin connector material (some use very cheap material), cable insulator and jacket material, cable capacitance and resistance (often affected by cable geometry), quality of solder used, some would even say the crystal structure of the conductor.  I'm sure I'm forgetting some others.

There are lots of variables dome will be more important than others for individual applications.  Cables are a tricky business and many would say they all sound the same anyway (don't want to get into that here).

My main concern with a cable for the FLC8S would getting one that does not risk damaging the sockets.

go for toxic, effect audio, plussound. their cables are top notch!

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #4,435 of 7,931
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORREST-FLC8S-In-Ear-Earphones-IEMs-HiFi-Triple-Driver-Hybrid-2BA-Dynamic-/172017779436?hash=item280d0f02ec:g:gx8AAOSwnipWX-yZ

^^^ Anyone know if that guy selling real headphones. I haven't went on ebay because I heard that a lot of these sell opened headphones as "new." PenonAudio has the headphones for $329. I might go with them instead.

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #4,436 of 7,931
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORREST-FLC8S-In-Ear-Earphones-IEMs-HiFi-Triple-Driver-Hybrid-2BA-Dynamic-/172017779436?hash=item280d0f02ec:g:gx8AAOSwnipWX-yZ

^^^ Anyone know if that guy selling real headphones. I haven't went on ebay because I heard that a lot of these sell opened headphones as "new." PenonAudio has the headphones for $329. I might go with them instead.

I might suggest Lendmeurear though although their price is a little high.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #4,437 of 7,931
Jul 14, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #4,439 of 7,931

That's who I ordered my set from. All seemed legit. Wrapped/sealed packaging and order arrived within 4 days or so. Might order red next time from him/her/them if I'm in the mood for a colour change.

Jul 15, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #4,440 of 7,931
Yeah, he boosted the price for many headphones before offering that "discount," lol. Probably going to try penonAudio, since I can't trust ebay.
well its still cheaper than others? The customer service is top notch btw. Sure many can vouch for their no nonsense approach to excellent customer service :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back