FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jul 20, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #4,471 of 7,931
So is the reigning solution for cable frustrations to pick up the original FLC8 cable, instead; or are there any inexpensive aftermarket options currently available? I'm not a believer in cables fundamentally altering sound signatures or anything like that. I don't want a $7,000 liquid crystal 96-core pure titanium cable made by Moon Audio. I just want a cable that doesn't kink, will hold up to long-term use, and fits the IEMs properly.

Jul 20, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #4,472 of 7,931
So is the reigning solution for cable frustrations to pick up the original FLC8 cable, instead; or are there any inexpensive aftermarket options currently available? I'm not a believer in cables fundamentally altering sound signatures or anything like that. I don't want a $7,000 liquid crystal 96-core pure titanium cable made by Moon Audio. I just want a cable that doesn't kink, will hold up to long-term use, and fits the IEMs properly.

You can contact LMUE to buy the original flc8 cable. Or you can get a null audio arete cable. Mine is coming today :).

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #4,473 of 7,931
And
And I'm guessing any other place like eBay is a bad idea

Just do your research. There are legit dealers on eBay. I purchased mine from one and it's all good.

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #4,474 of 7,931
.... Or you can get a null audio arete cable. Mine is coming today
smily_headphones1.gif

Let us know what you think once you've got it and tried it.

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #4,476 of 7,931

For your priorities the original FLC8 cable will serve you well, and it's quite inexpensive. Just mail LMUE, they will tell you how to order. I think it was 24 USD shipped.

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #4,477 of 7,931

Hahaha, good one.

Though on a serious note, moon audios silver dragon cables are really pretty good. And the Black Dragon is available for $150 - the FLC replacement cable sells for $145 - so not really a huge difference. :)

Cheers.

Jul 20, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #4,481 of 7,931
My null audio arete 2.5mm cable just came. It's just perfect for me. No more springy, microphonics
smily_headphones1.gif

...lovely pics deleted....

Nice! I opted for the all nylon sheathing as reviews stated it was the most 'least-microphonic' cable compared to the see-thru silicon. If you're not finding any microphonics with yours I may get another set so I can see the pretty colours.
wink.gif

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #4,482 of 7,931
Though I miss my FLC8S, it is going to be replaced by the Fidue Sirius.

Jul 21, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #4,485 of 7,931
Looks good. How is the fit?

Really tight cus it's 0.75mm, it's not 0.74mm like stock cable
Nice! I opted for the all nylon sheathing as reviews stated it was the most 'least-microphonic' cable compared to the see-thru silicon. If you're not finding any microphonics with yours I may get another set so I can see the pretty colours. :wink:

Im not sure about you. But for me i didn't notice any microphonics. And i think the sound better than the flc 8s silver upgrade cable :).

Btw, If someone in the US need a original flc cable, i'll sell it. I bought one from LMUE a month ago but i just used 2 or 3 times. Now i have a null audio arete cable, so i don't need it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back