FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jul 22, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #4,501 of 7,931
From the aspect of soundstage, it's a very good headset.

Our new flagship will be name as "Celeste".

With gear drive tuning system, 108 sound combinations, can tune soundstage.

But the most important point is that it's very easy to drive, can be driven to a very soft and ultimate treble extension, sorry, I don't know the term to describe it, I call it full driven.

WOW, 108 sound combinations and tunable soundstage? Can't wait! (Will be choosing between this and Andromeda) :D

Jul 22, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #4,502 of 7,931
The FLC8s already delivers truly excellent sound quality for its price. The "Celeste" could be a truly endgame in-ear then, and especially the ability to tune the soundstage sounds spectacular.

Jul 22, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #4,504 of 7,931

The FLC8s already delivers truly excellent sound quality for its price. The "Celeste" could be a truly endgame in-ear then, and especially the ability to tune the soundstage sounds spectacular.

Release date?

That's a good question.

@Flcforrestwei, when can we expect your new (and most likely outstanding) creation to be released? Already this year?

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #4,505 of 7,931

That's a good question.

@Flcforrestwei, when can we expect your new (and most likely outstanding) creation to be released? Already this year?

Post #4499 Mr. Wei said "Sure! but maybe two months later."  I believe that translates to sometime in September.

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #4,506 of 7,931

That's a good question.

Post #4499 Mr. Wei said "Sure! but maybe two months later."  I believe that translates to sometime in September.

I understood the "two months" comment meant that LMUE would be carrying the Celeste probably about two months after it is finished. If Forrest really meant that it would hit the market in two months, this would be purely awesome.

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #4,507 of 7,931
WOW, 108 sound combinations and tunable soundstage? Can't wait! (Will choosing between this and Andromeda)
biggrin.gif

i chose the fidue sirius over the andromeda
wink_face.gif

Jul 22, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #4,509 of 7,931

have you listened to both, to draw a comparison?

yes.
lows: sirius bass is better due to the dynamic driver in place.
mids: sirius has a more engaging midrange than andromeda.
highs: andromeda extension is better than sirius.
treble: both have smooth treble.
resolution: both are about on par with andromeda slightly better.
soundstage: sirius's soundstage is way wider than andromeda.
sound signature: andromeda is clearly more detailed than sirius hence compromise on soundstage. this also makes it colder than sirius. sirius has the right tonal balance and a hint of warmth, thus making it more musical than andromeda.

Jul 22, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #4,510 of 7,931

But the most important point is that it's very easy to drive, can be driven to a very soft and ultimate treble extension, sorry, I don't know the term to describe it, I call it full driven.

I'm glad your new IEM has been announced, Forrest. I know it's taken you a lot of time and effort to get it just right. We're very excited to hear it, and with so many tuning options we'll have a lot of fun tuning them to find our perfect sound signature!

Do you have any further details you can share, like price, release date, or pictures? If so, I think it's time to open a new thread :)

Jul 22, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #4,511 of 7,931
Having heard the Andromeda, I felt that it is a direct upgrade to FLC8S in neutral tuning (gray-gray-gunmetal). Very similar frequency response, with the Andro being a clear level higher in resolution, transparency and dynamics. My hopes for the Celeste is that it will at least match, or better yet, surpass the Andromeda in resolution and dynamics, while bringing us the goodness of tuning the sound signature to our liking. It will then be the ultimate end-game IEM for me and I'm sure many other people!

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #4,512 of 7,931

@mochill here u go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back