FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Oct 23, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #46 of 7,931
Is anyone using the maximum bass profile?

Gold - red - black filters?   I'm curious how these hold up to other IEMs known for their bass if the filters are configured for maximum bass and sub bass.

Anyone?

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #47 of 7,931

Gold - red - black filters?   I'm curious how these hold up to other IEMs known for their bass if the filters are configured for maximum bass and sub bass.

Anyone?

Your idea of IEM known for their bass might not match up with others. Any specific IEM?

Oct 23, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #48 of 7,931
I tend to follow the IEM Bass club thread, so pretty much anything that they would talk about in there.

SE 846?  Aurisonics?  FutureSonics? 

I read joker's review of the FLC 8 but I don't know what configuration of filters he used when he compared them to other IEMs in terms of bass.  
I guess I'm mainly interested in how they hold up with all the filters configured for maximum bass output - in general and against IEMs that are known for bass.  I don't have a specific target in mind.

I am strongly considering the SE846 as my next purchase though.  

Oct 23, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #49 of 7,931
  I read joker's review of the FLC 8 but I don't know what configuration of filters he used when he compared them to other IEMs in terms of bass.  
I guess I'm mainly interested in how they hold up with all the filters configured for maximum bass output - in general and against IEMs that are known for bass.  I don't have a specific target in mind.

I am strongly considering the SE846 as my next purchase though.  

I read ljokerl's review again. I think he used red (max) subbass and grey (standard) midbass for the bulk of the review... in this setting alone it's pretty warm. In the black (max) midbass setting the bass amount is comparable to SE215 and Sony MH1C but with better quality. Hope that answers your question.

In any case if you intend to buy now, the FLC8S needs some newer impressions. Earlier in the thread the impression is the FLC8S seems a bit brighter and flatter than the old FLC8.

Oct 23, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #50 of 7,931
I read ljokerl's review again. I think he used red (max) subbass and grey (standard) midbass for the bulk of the review... in this setting alone it's pretty warm. In the black (max) midbass setting the bass amount is comparable to SE215 and Sony MH1C but with better quality. Hope that answers your question.

In any case if you intend to buy now, the FLC8S needs some newer impressions. Earlier in the thread the impression is the FLC8S seems a bit brighter and flatter than the old FLC8.

hakushondaimao have these in our queue, but with no FLC 8S to compare with I'm not sure how we'll be able to confirm or deny they they're brighter...

Oct 24, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #51 of 7,931

Anyone?

On red sub bass, grey mid bass and gold vocals, the sub bass impact is really good. The bass hits with a natural timbre and decay. It doesn't have the long decay or reverberant as 846 and neither the quantity but it's a very high quality bass output. Aurisonics sets like ASG2 have a larger bloom but definitely not on the level of quality that FLC 8/S puts out. The FLC 8/S have a much smoother transition between the spectrum and sounds more natural in tonality as opposed to 846. If bass is the sole factor you're looking for, personally I prefer the 846.

Oct 25, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #52 of 7,931

Got these a few hours ago and my god they are amazing! At the moment I've got the following config: Med LF, Most ULF, Med MF/HF. The detail retrieval here is amazing! 

I love the fact that the changes that the tuning parts make is night and day. It's really amazing!

Oct 26, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #53 of 7,931
And BAM!!!

Another headfi'er discovers these hidden gems :L3000:

These deserve more recognition, folks. DJScope, hakushondaimao, and I are going to review these bad boys in the near future. We're also going to circulate them in the US, Canada, and Australia, so we can spread the love.

In the meantime, I'd challenge others on this thread to take a little time to write a quick review of these. Tell your fellow headfi'ers what you like and what could be improved. Upload some sexy pics. Make some noise!!!

Oct 26, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #54 of 7,931
Tried out the green filters and wow! Though a little fatiguing, it makes the detail retrieval go through the roof, and makes cymbals and other high frequency percussions so shimmery, crunchy and fast. The transients are probably the best I've heard in an IEM from what I can remember off the top of my head. Colour me impressed with the whole impress colour pallet. Just wow!

Oct 26, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #56 of 7,931
http://tech.caijing.com.cn/20150123/3806277.shtml

Found a review from the storeowner of an audio shop in Beijing - he likens this to the Fidue A83 which represent great value for money, and even as an IEM he would carry alongside the K3003 (and of course, the A83 itself).

Coming from the A83 previously, I'm keen in this. Has anyone done a comparison between the two?

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #57 of 7,931
  http://tech.caijing.com.cn/20150123/3806277.shtml

Found a review from the storeowner of an audio shop in Beijing - he likens this to the Fidue A83 which represent great value for money, and even as an IEM he would carry alongside the K3003 (and of course, the A83 itself).

Coming from the A83 previously, I'm keen in this. Has anyone done a comparison between the two?

Yes, I did... but on a french forum: http://www.tellementnomade.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=12079
My conclusion: FLC8 are better.
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #58 of 7,931
I've been playing around with the different filters and it still blows me away how effective they are. I do wish that there is another notch up with the bass filter, the red sub bass filter is absolutely awesome but a filter to bring up the mid and upper bass regions would make the filtering system complete. Nonetheless, at this moment I've got the gold nozzle, black bass port and red sub bass port. With this config EDM is absolutely amazing, with deep, visceral bass and great vocals, and smooth treble response, with tonnes of layering going on. 

Oct 30, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #59 of 7,931
Just receive my FLC8S today and it's amazing ! 
Having so much fun with my AK JR. The sound is amazing for this range of price.
It's clear, precise and the soundstage is fabulous :)

Between Ordering & delivery, only 3 days beween Singapore & France ! 

If you wan to buy some IEM, you have to consider those FLC8's 

Oct 30, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #60 of 7,931
Just receive my FLC8S today and it's amazing ! 
Having so much fun with my AK JR. The sound is amazing for this range of price.

It's clear, precise and the soundstage is fabulous :)

Between Ordering & delivery, only 3 days beween Singapore & France ! 

If you wan to buy some IEM, you have to consider those FLC8's 

Completely agree!

What configuration are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back