FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Nov 1, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #79 of 7,931
You didn't think Forrest would stand still, did you?
wink_face.gif

Any leaks? I need more info!!!! 
blink.gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #81 of 7,931
No more than I already said
wink.gif

Ok... but I have a hunch that you're hiding something! 
tongue_smile.gif

Going back to the tips scenario. I decided to take your advise about the Sony Hybrid tips. I've given them the benefit of the doubt and went all in without critical listening and bias and just started using them all the time since yesterday. They are actually very good for EDM and other genres as well. Though they do still narrow the soundstage, it didn't lose any of the imaging performance like sense of space, air and accuracy. What they do bring is that extra OOMPH in the bass that I felt was missing with the wide bore dual flange tips. It didn't only make that bass more prominent, it also made it more visceral and tight. This actually gives you the impression of better dynamics, and a more natural timber in vocals. With the added extras, the more intimate staging is welcomed. 

Thanks for the tip! (pun totally intended!!) 
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #82 of 7,931
Yup, the hybrid tips certainly have their place, and I'm glad you gave them a try despite your initial reservations! I first started using them with my TPEOS A200 to increase isolation and make the bass punchier. Since it's a pretty open / airy IEM to begin with, any reduction in soundstage was a good compromise to achieve my goal.

If I had any further info, I'd share with you guys. Right now I just know Forrest is working on a flagship IEM that remains tuneable, makes the tuning process easier, and makes sound even better. I'm looking forward to it!

BTW, just wrapping up my time with the BW S3 and will then make the FLC 8S my testing IEM for the rest of my time with the Cayin N5 and FiiO X7. I honestly can't wait to dig deep into the FLC 8S. The initial listens I've taken are very promising, and the people I've turned it loose on have been extremely impressed. One of them preemptively signed up for the US Tour because he wants to make sure everyone knows about these. He's a hardcore headphone guy who's never purchased an IEM because he hasn't found one that satisfies him before. As soon as he popped in the FLC 8S, he got a smile on his face and said this was the first IEM purchase he'd be making.
:L3000:

Nov 1, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #83 of 7,931
Yup, the hybrid tips certainly have their place, and I'm glad you gave them a try despite your initial reservations! I first started using them with my TPEOS A200 to increase isolation and make the bass punchier. Since it's a pretty open / airy IEM to begin with, any reduction in soundstage was a good compromise to achieve my goal.

If I had any further info, I'd share with you guys. Right now I just know Forrest is working on a flagship IEM that remains tuneable, makes the tuning process easier, and makes sound even better. I'm looking forward to it!

BTW, just wrapping up my time with the BW S3 and will then make the FLC 8S my testing IEM for the rest of my time with the Cayin N5 and FiiO X7. I honestly can't wait to dig deep into the FLC 8S. The initial listens I've taken are very promising, and the people I've turned it loose on have been extremely impressed. One of them preemptively signed up for the US Tour because he wants to make sure everyone knows about these. He's a hardcore headphone guy who's never purchased an IEM because he hasn't found one that satisfies him before. As soon as he popped in the FLC 8S, he got a smile on his face and said this was the first IEM purchase he'd be making.
L3000.gif

Can't wait to have you here sharing the FLC8S pie with us! Looking at the PM I got from @n05ey I think we have another convert on out hands. Can wait to here his full impressions on it. :)

Nov 1, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #84 of 7,931
You sure do have a convert. Especially if the hybrid tips further develop the timbre which is my one tiny tiny concern... These are fantastic. I am a bit of a mids man so last night I threw on the Gold filters and they are making my day.

They are a notch up on every aspect of my rockets except for the timbre in my opinion (well, maybe not quite a step up on being bullet proof)...

Much love for these, I am trying not to fall in love as I just don't have the budget but I am increasingly looking at my collection and whether there at potential sales to make some room...

Nov 2, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #86 of 7,931
Had these IEMs for a month. I recently paired them with the medium core Crystal Tips from Crystalline Audio from lendmeurears.com, and they're my favorite tips with the FLC8s by far. Much better isolation than silicone tips (I've tried a bunch), and they seem to be more durable than Comply tips. Highly recommended.  

Nov 2, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #87 of 7,931
Great to see all these impressions guys.

I don't think you can ever be bored with them.

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #88 of 7,931
So, how did yours come configured, guys? Mine came with gold filters installed. Out of the box config was: med sub, max bass, max mids, med treble.

Mine came with gold nozzle, grey bass and grey sub bass.

Great to see all these impressions guys.

I don't think you can ever be bored with them.

I can vouch for that! A true all-in-one package, or as close as ever gets at this stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back