FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Dec 10, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #587 of 7,931
FLC8 is featured in Joker's year-end buying guide! Huzzah!

http://theheadphonelist.com/2015-holiday-buyers-guide-the-most-gift-worthy-earphones-for-audiophiles-and-music-lovers/

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #588 of 7,931
I love this pair :)
Red/gray/green Comply T400 and Mojo

780f61290e7fa2299cfb3aa30be7c118.jpg

Tapnięte z japka

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #589 of 7,931
Here you go @Grayson73  @nmatheis gentleman! 
beerchug.gif

Isn't the best review but I tried putting them into words. Hope you guys get the point! 
biggrin.gif

So I tried around few days with the Tenore. Just to compare with the FLC. Turns out FLC win in most of the sound department. (Please be noted that the Tenore only cost around 30 USD while the FLC IS around 250-350 USD. So I think this comparison is kind of unfair. Anyway, I would still compare it as it was request by some head fier.)

Bass
If you are used to the FLC's red sub bass port and grey port combo. You might find that the Tenore would be severely lacking. Decay on the FLC is pretty fast. Tenore would be slower (just a tiny bit), which would make it sound warmer. You won't find the bass to be like pumping through your chest like the FLC. It's there. Just that it doesn't have that powerful impact as the FLC. If by example I would say. FLC bass is like the speaker and subwoofer in front of you. While Tenore is like the subwoofer that is place at a distance.

Mids
FLC mids is what I like about it, Crystal clear yet very musical and forward. I'm using the gold filter. While the Tenore mids is there, just that it isn't as engaging and forward sounding as the FLC.

Treble
FLC show to have more energy across the spectrum. The Tenore don't lack by much. But it is still nice to listen to. Especially classical pieces. String instrument such as Violin and Cello sounds really good with the FLC.

Soundstage
The Tenore have a narrower soundstage imo. While the FLC puts you in a studio room maybe? Or maybe a small hall. Not the widest but it still sound really good despite you could easily identified each instrument position. I'm testing out with my DX90. Running Gold, Grey and the magical Red filter. Both IEM are using JVC Spiral Dot tips. Stock springy blue cable. No mod on the Tenore either.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #590 of 7,931
Good impressions, thanks!

Wow you could use the FLC8S with Spiral Dots? I found that made them too harsh for my ears. Or did you use the O-rings as a spacer for the SD so that the nozzle sits deeper?

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #591 of 7,931
Did I just witness a one-sided flattening of the Tenores? :p

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #594 of 7,931
Dec 10, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #596 of 7,931
Good impressions, thanks!

Wow you could use the FLC8S with Spiral Dots? I found that made them too harsh for my ears. Or did you use the O-rings as a spacer for the SD so that the nozzle sits deeper?

Thanks, Ya. I use the Spiral Dot with a spacer of course. If I don't it would be touching my ear and it would get pretty uncomfortable after sometime.
  Did I just witness a one-sided flattening of the Tenores? :p

Yeah, I do it because I have no other choice. I mean the FLC is like a luxury car and the Tenore might be a normal Nissan sedan. How do I sugar coat the sedan just to make it sound better? The FLC really perform so much better though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #600 of 7,931

Yeah, I do it because I have no other choice. I mean the FLC is like a luxury car and the Tenore might be a normal Nissan sedan. How do I sugar coat the sedan just to make it sound better? The FLC really perform so much better though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha thats not a bad way of putting it. 

I have Tenores, FXH-30, Trinity Deltas, Fidue A73, and LZ-A2 that I *intend* to do comparisons with... but I get stuck on the FLC8s. Its just different tiers of quality, and makes me understand why people spend thousands of dollars on audio gear. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back