FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Dec 9, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #571 of 7,931
  Just posted my review of these gems:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/flc-technology-flc-8s/reviews/14723

I really feel like these deserve a lot, lot more attention - the more time I spend with them, the stronger I feel that way. 

Excelent review, Serena. My public congrats
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #574 of 7,931
  Anyone use a portable amp and have a recommendation for the FLC8S? I recently bought a Cayin C5, but I prefer FLC8S without it. My source is AK100ii

I use the VE RunAbout amp with my FLC8S. The pairing is pretty amazing even though it needs to be on the absolutely lowest volume setting. The amp has an extremely rock bottom noise floor, so makes it quite versatile with hungry and sensitive IEMs/headphones.

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #576 of 7,931
Why you wanna amp the FLC 8S instead of just using the AK100ii's amp stage @gasmonkey?

I was actually going to suggest C5 because I think a warmer amp would be nice. How about ALO Rx? That's a great amp tuned solely for compatability with IEM.

I have both, and the more transparent AK100ii is better in bringing out the character of the FLC8/S compared to the C5. The C5 warmed things up but I prefer adjusting the bass through the nozzles instead. I use C5 for my planar headphones that need more power.

Ever considered the Mojo? I'm still using it in its early stages, and A/B-ing with my Angies I find the Mojo to have an even cleaner and more transparent sound. If that's your thing.

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #577 of 7,931
Dec 9, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #581 of 7,931
Dec 9, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #583 of 7,931

Well, you know, the FLC8S stole my money for the Mojo.... 
frown.gif

It's an excellent DAC/Amp, sure, but getting a good collection of phones/IEMs is a better idea before changing the source. I think you're on the right track. I got it for a killer portable setup, but my desktop setup is basically nil.

Who knows, in 2 years Mojo 2 might be out.

Dec 10, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #584 of 7,931

It's an excellent DAC/Amp, sure, but getting a good collection of phones/IEMs is a better idea before changing the source. I think you're on the right track. I got it for a killer portable setup, but my desktop setup is basically nil.

Who knows, in 2 years Mojo 2 might be out.

Maybe it will be called... Mojo Jojo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back