FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Dec 11, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #602 of 7,931
Hey guys! this is kind of an odd request but I have decided that these will be my next purchase after christmas.. I was looking around but i could not for the life of me find anyone who has a picture wearing them. I kinda of want to get an idea of what they look like on ear. Any brave pioneers want to take a selfie for me?
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #604 of 7,931
  Hey guys! this is kind of an odd request but I have decided that these will be my next purchase after christmas.. I was looking around but i could not for the life of me find anyone who has a picture wearing them. I kinda of want to get an idea of what they look like on ear. Any brave pioneers want to take a selfie for me?
biggrin.gif

http://imgur.com/a/fmtVz

There's a few angles of my ugly mug
biggrin.gif

On another note, about a month back the bass section of my left earbud blew out on my FLC8. I contacted lendmeurears and they had me send them back and they shipped out a new pair to me which came yesterday. They ended up hooking me with the the FLC8s which I'm pretty happy about. Just wanted to share if anyone was wondering how warranty support is.

Dec 11, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #605 of 7,931

biggrin.gif

http://imgur.com/a/fmtVz

There's a few angles of my ugly mug
biggrin.gif

On another note, about a month back the bass section of my left earbud blew out on my FLC8. I contacted lendmeurears and they had me send them back and they shipped out a new pair to me which came yesterday. They ended up hooking me with the the FLC8s which I'm pretty happy about. Just wanted to share if anyone was wondering how warranty support is.

can you compare the 8s with the 8?

Dec 11, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #606 of 7,931
  can you compare the 8s with the 8?

I'd really need them both side by side to compare. Like I said it's been about a month since I've listened to the FLC8 but my first impressions are that they sound pretty much the same. Like there hasn't been anything that has jumped out to me as being different or "off" from what remember of the FLC8.

edit - I was getting some microphonics off the cable when I first listened to them but it's settled out since then.

Dec 11, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #608 of 7,931
I'd really need them both side by side to compare. Like I said it's been about a month since I've listened to the FLC8 but my first impressions are that they sound pretty much the same. Like there hasn't been anything that has jumped out to me as being different or "off" from what remember of the FLC8.

Great to know. So I'm guessing the 8S would be the 8 with a better cable.

Dec 11, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #610 of 7,931
I appreciate the pics, it actually gives me optimism about the potential fit.  Thanks also to the creator who was able to explain some of the tuning characteristics of the nozzles. 

I am guessing there is a pair in my future. 

Dec 12, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #614 of 7,931
Hey all, thanks for your impressions, and @nmatheis @DJScope @RedTwilight @ezelkiel77 @SerenaxD and very cool to see the primary owner/designer @Flcforrestwei tune in on this forum. Everything I read about these, whether it's @SerenaxD first review or an experienced reviewer like ljokerl says these earphones are insanely good.

It's exciting to see the marrying of BAs and Dynamic drivers start to payoff when it was first introduced a few years back. From what I understand, it has been somewhat of a hit or miss, with most in the miss category thus far. BAs have crystal clear high frequency performance, but don't do well spanning more than a suboctive in bandwidth (hence the multiple BA battle of putting more and more drivers in an IEM). Although this can produce very good sounding IEMs with good isolation, the sub bass and bass always lacks, and the prices kill the average and above average IEM consumer (ie. Westone 4). Dynamic Driver IEMs often find themselves with good sound reviews, but they often have low and high end performance flaws, and the isolation = bad due to the need for venting. If you fly or travel in the city, dynamic IEMs just are not great because of poor isolation, but they seem to do well in the office. 

So industry says, lets marry the two drivers and see if we can get the great of both driver types at a much more budget friendly level. Well, the tuning of most hybrids have been awful to date: too much bass, harsh sibilance, no mids, and poor isolation. I've listened to the Dunu hybrids, and they sound great, but there was always something about the sound that wasn't quite there for me. That's why having a tunable IEM is so genius. Sound is in the eye (or ear) of the beholder, so it's great to see this as a main feature of this IEM. 

I can't wait to get this headphone in (lendmeurears.com doesn't have them in stock until Dec 24). If it's even half as good as you all are saying, then it'll become my new flagship. I love my westone 4s (but they're expensive and have somewhat of muddy bass), I love my RE400s (best neutral earphone on the market above 150 - 200 Hz, but not for pop, rock, electronic and rap music), and the VSD3 and KC07As are lots of fun for main-stream music (but are V-Shaped and aren't great for instrumentals and vocals), but I'm excited to see how these sound as almost every user/reviewer has said it works for all music. Look-out IEM world, the long search for hybrids may have found a home with FLC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back