FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Aug 31, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #4,936 of 7,931
after a few weeks with my sirius, i have concluded I am satisfied with it replacing flc8s. a superior upgrade imo.

Aug 31, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #4,937 of 7,931
after a few weeks with my sirius, i have concluded I am satisfied with it replacing flc8s. a superior upgrade imo.

Glad you're happy with Sirius. At almost 3x the price, I'd certainly hope it's a substantial upgrade. Now we just have to see what you think of Sirius vs Celeste when you get to hear her :wink:

Aug 31, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #4,938 of 7,931
Glad you're happy with Sirius. At almost 3x the price, I'd certainly hope it's a substantial upgrade. Now we just have to see what you think of Sirius vs Celeste when you get to hear her :wink:

most likely will be getting the celeste
wink.gif
so i can do a head to head comparison

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #4,939 of 7,931
question to Forrestwei: can you give us a rough ETA for the release?  end of Sept...end of Oct?
i'm in no rush, as i'm heartily enjoying my flc 8s, but was just wondering... by xmas you think?

Aug 31, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #4,942 of 7,931
I think gear technology used for tuning is very complex must be hard to get it right and also to get the production process for it.

I can only imagine that this is true. The fact that people were highly impressed with a non-tuneable model at shows is very promising. I'm willing to wait for Forrest to get it right!

Still hoping to see him at RMAF, though...

Aug 31, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #4,943 of 7,931
Celeste will probably be the only IEMs I will ever come across that is worth considering buying without auditioning them even at a high price. Unless it's like $1500+...such amazing experience with FLC8s, so I trust it will probably just blow my mind and won't need anything else for a quite long time. It will probably be my first truly high-end IEMs purchase.

Aug 31, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #4,944 of 7,931

The Sirius is a mid head's dream with its lush and organic vocal presentation. Needless to say the premium build and accessories are great as well. However, I would take the FLC8s over the Sirius any day as I didn't find the Sirius to be technically any better, and such a forward mid just doesn't work for my preferences. 

Aug 31, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #4,945 of 7,931
The Sirius is a mid head's dream with its lush and organic vocal presentation. Needless to say the premium build and accessories are great as well. However, I would take the FLC8s over the Sirius any day as I didn't find the Sirius to be technically any better, and such a forward mid just doesn't work for my preferences. 
yeah im a mids head hence sirius.

Aug 31, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #4,946 of 7,931
Celeste will probably be the only IEMs I will ever come across that is worth considering buying without auditioning them even at a high price. Unless it's like $1500+...such amazing experience with FLC8s, so I trust it will probably just blow my mind and won't need anything else for a quite long time. It will probably be my first truly high-end IEMs purchase.
anything at that price range is good

Aug 31, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #4,949 of 7,931

The FLC8S mid-range is arguably and measurably more forward than Sirius.

Aug 31, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #4,950 of 7,931
The FLC8S mid-range is arguably and measurably more forward than Sirius.
i feel sirius has more forward mids even though measurements suggest otherwise. Again,source used is different

Users who are viewing this thread

Back