FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Aug 31, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #4,951 of 7,931

The FLC8S mid-range is arguably and measurably more forward than Sirius.

With the Red-Grey-Grey setting I didn't find this to be the case. Its possible that the extra treble presence of the FLC8s lets me perceive its mid as being less forward. I definitely hear the Sirius as having much more mid range presence in the overall balance when compared to the FLC8s.

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #4,956 of 7,931
  Just curious, has anyone tried the FLC8 with the FiiO stranded SPC cable? I have a mint FLC8 and the balanced FiiO cable on the way.

I assume you mean this one - http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-balanced-cable-for-ultimate-ears-and-m-audio-earphones-rc-ue2b/reviews/16442

FLC8S is mentioned in the review

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #4,958 of 7,931

I assume you mean this one - http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-balanced-cable-for-ultimate-ears-and-m-audio-earphones-rc-ue2b/reviews/16442

FLC8S is mentioned in the review

i believe it cant fit

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #4,959 of 7,931
Sep 1, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #4,960 of 7,931

Not without forcing it, and that would damage the sockets.  I've let FiiO know.

yes dont risk it m8.
the silver cable complements the red housing of the flc8s though
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #4,962 of 7,931
Has anyone tried something like one side with stock cable and other with 'superior' cable plugged in to see if there is concrete difference between them? Doing it on a source with two inputs like Mojo will do the job. Volume will be matched and you will be hearing the same thing, just with different cables on each side. I know you won't be able to clearly distinguish the difference, but if there is any difference I might upgrade the stock cables. Yes, I am not a firm believer on cables and if anyone could confirm this who owns mojo with a better cable, it would be somewhat assuring ^^

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #4,963 of 7,931
  Has anyone tried something like one side with stock cable and other with 'superior' cable plugged in to see if there is concrete difference between them? Doing it on a source with two inputs like Mojo will do the job. Volume will be matched and you will be hearing the same thing, just with different cables on each side. I know you won't be able to clearly distinguish the difference, but if there is any difference I might upgrade the stock cables. Yes, I am not a firm believer on cables and if anyone could confirm this who owns mojo with a better cable, it would be somewhat assuring ^^

Wouldn't be a fair test unless you knew that both sides were volume matched. EG MEE P1 cable has higher impedance than other SPC cables. It's also softer/quieter by about 2.2 dB which is very noticeable.

Funny thing with the MEE P1s - if you volume match and measure, there is no difference between that cable and a copper, or other SPC cables - the freq responses match almost perfectly.  People hear the difference in volume and attribute that (incorrectly) to better sound / wider soundstage / more vivid / better bass etc

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #4,964 of 7,931
  Wouldn't be a fair test unless you knew that both sides were volume matched. EG MEE P1 cable has higher impedance than other SPC cables. It's also softer/quieter by about 2.2 dB which is very noticeable.

Funny thing with the MEE P1s - if you volume match and measure, there is no difference between that cable and a copper, or other SPC cables - the freq responses match almost perfectly.  People hear the difference in volume and attribute that (incorrectly) to better sound / wider soundstage / more vivid / better bass etc

Thanks for the clarification. Ah yes, I didn't think of the impedance difference, doh. There is a whole world of discussions on sonic differences between cables, but I like to think you spend more money towards build quality/aesthetics and flexibility on cable upgrade rather than real sonic upgrade. Don't want to start war on cables, but seeing posts like this cable sounds brighter or better or has deeper soundstage or whatever really seems to make me interested, but also doubtful at the same time.

Sep 1, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #4,965 of 7,931

brooko u r right. the p1 has no change in sound with different cables after critical listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back