FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 7, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #2,506 of 7,931
  My expectation was a lot of higher actually since the praise was unbelievable for flc8s. At first, it was pretty meh compared to my desktop amped 560, but then I realized how better this is compared to DN-1000. At last, I realized these are IEMs and should not be on the same table with open back headphones. No other experience with IEMs in this price range, but I am very satisfied and I wonder how these will sound amped. Right now, I am listening through my laptop and very excited to test them on full setup soon.

Glad to see you are enjoying your new toy! Only iem that can put on the same table with open back cans is Obravo IMO.
beerchug.gif

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #2,513 of 7,931
  Well, I'll be damned. black, red, green sounds so good. Max bass and borderline of my sibilance tolerance gives nice sparkly highs.

yes but for those who hate sparkly highs change the green to gold :)

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #2,514 of 7,931
Have been playing around with the nozzles and I find the the Gunmetal slightly veiled for my preference. Green excels at classical and anime music but slightly siblant on some recordings. Gold is still where it's at for my random tracks (pop, metal, accoustic, r&b, rock).
Other filters used are Red and Grey.
Rather tempted to try the Gold mod suggested by Forrest.

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #2,515 of 7,931
Wow, go away for a bit and come back amazed at all the duscussion...

audio123: IMHO, a nozzle between gunmetal and blue is more needed than between gold and green. Just my two cents...

H20Fidelity: Welcone to the partay! Glad we're getting more and more well-known IEM HF'ers onboard the FLC train!!!

GENERAL COMMENT
Don't expect IEM to sound like full-size cans. They're quite different in their presentation and depending on personal preference, one might like one over the other. I've been lucky enough to hear some very nice TOTL HP & IEM recently and can say from experience that they each have pros & cons but neither are really "better". It all comes down to personal preference and use case.

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #2,516 of 7,931
Wow, go away for a bit and come back amazed at all the duscussion...

@audio123: IMHO, a nozzle between gunmetal and blue is more needed than between gold and green. Just my two cents...

@H20Fidelity: Welcone to the partay! Glad we're getting more and more well-known IEM HF'ers onboard the FLC train!!!

GENERAL COMMENT
Don't expect IEM to sound like full-size cans. They're quite different in their presentation and depending on personal preference, one might like one over the other. I've been lucky enough to hear some very nice TOTL HP & IEM recently and can say from experience that they each have pros & cons but neither are really "better". It all comes down to personal preference and use case.

the blue and gunmetal can be discarded for me hehe definitely not my type of sound
only iem capable to rival full-size cans is Obravo
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back