FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 6, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #2,491 of 7,931

there is a need for a filter between gold and green @Flcforrestwei

Take out the filter in the gold. 
wink_face.gif

Mar 6, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #2,495 of 7,931
I was reading a group PM earlier I'll leave the member's name anonymous.

It went something like this: Id even say they are my new fav iem, Id take flc over sony xba5 and westone w60

eek.gif

Mar 6, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #2,497 of 7,931
  I'm REALLY torn between these and the AAW W300AR that is on Massdrop.  I've never had CIEMs, and am very tempted, but the praise for the FLC is so strong...

if i were you i'd wait. the dunu 2002's are about to come out. i can't wait until a showdown of the FLC's vs the 2002's.

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #2,498 of 7,931
I finally got my hands on these and initial impression with red gray gold is really nice and I guess I have to give a long listen before coming to conclusions. As expected, I think it is wise not to ask comparison with openback headphones. They are very different.

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #2,499 of 7,931
I finally got my hands on these and initial impression with red gray gold is really nice and I guess I have to give a long listen before coming to conclusions. As expected, I think it is wise not to ask comparison with openback headphones. They are very different.

exactly haha. hence why i thought it was unfair for comparison with openback headphones earlier on in the thread.
for the triple hybrid iems, its among the best out there.
enjoy yr new toy!
beerchug.gif

Do check out the Pinnacle P1 by Meelectronics too. Absolutely premium product at such a good price

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #2,500 of 7,931
I was reading a group PM earlier I'll leave the member's name anonymous.

It went something like this: Id even say they are my new fav iem, Id take flc over sony xba5 and westone w60

:eek:  

They are indeed wonderful iems for their price point. However, something like the w60 is going to do different things better, and have a very different take on sound. I do not think the flc8s is able to compete with $1000 iems, but it is one of the best in the sub $500 category that I have heard.

For example, the flc8s has better bass depth and a more fun sound than my n4, but the n4 clarity and expansive soundstage is better than the flc8s. Different strokes, right? Just don't go into the flc8s thinking it is a giant killer, nothing ever really is.

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #2,501 of 7,931
They are indeed wonderful iems for their price point. However, something like the w60 is going to do different things better, and have a very different take on sound. I do not think the flc8s is able to compete with $1000 iems, but it is one of the best in the sub $500 category that I have heard.

For example, the flc8s has better bass depth and a more fun sound than my n4, but the n4 clarity and expansive soundstage is better than the flc8s. Different strokes, right? Just don't go into the flc8s thinking it is a giant killer, nothing ever really is.

agreed but the w60 is an iem that you either love or hate it just like u10 from 1964 ears.
I hardly see any critics for flc8s though haha
source is important too as it affects the synergy, hence there is no right or wrong.

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #2,502 of 7,931
Uh oh, it seems like there is a problem with my cables. Unplugged the cables very carefully and it looks like this...

The left cable has a shorter pin, but the right cable seems fine. I see no sign of damage on the platform that holds the cable though. It looks like the pin itself is just shorter. However, sound comes out fine. @Flcforrestwei Is this normal or do I need a replacement? Purchased on Nov 2015 @ LMUE.

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #2,503 of 7,931

For this category FLC8 will be up against my Fidue A83.

Some will know I'm quite fond of A83, or more importantly use A83 as a reference point in the under $500 range. Not that I think A83 is the most technically capable IEM around, it isn't without faults however, its tonality and detail retrieval are quite sufficient. Especially for vocals, if not a little grainy or aggressive. 

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #2,504 of 7,931

exactly haha. hence why i thought it was unfair for comparison with openback headphones earlier on in the thread.
for the triple hybrid iems, its among the best out there.
enjoy yr new toy!
beerchug.gif

Do check out the Pinnacle P1 by Meelectronics too. Absolutely premium product at such a good price

My expectation was a lot of higher actually since the praise was unbelievable for flc8s. At first, it was pretty meh compared to my desktop amped 560, but then I realized how better this is compared to DN-1000. At last, I realized these are IEMs and should not be on the same table with open back headphones. No other experience with IEMs in this price range, but I am very satisfied and I wonder how these will sound amped. Right now, I am listening through my laptop and very excited to test them on full setup soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back