FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 7, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #2,521 of 7,931
  Uh oh, it seems like there is a problem with my cables. Unplugged the cables very carefully and it looks like this...

The left cable has a shorter pin, but the right cable seems fine. I see no sign of damage on the platform that holds the cable though. It looks like the pin itself is just shorter. However, sound comes out fine. @Flcforrestwei Is this normal or do I need a replacement? Purchased on Nov 2015 @ LMUE.

Hi, you bought from me the 8S. Never unpluged the cable! Best!

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #2,523 of 7,931
Tell me about it. Left me wondering what the exposure to high-end gear was. Maybe I'm not giving enough credit?

it is tonally pleasant with a tinge of warmth to the vocals.The main thing is how spacious it is which can only be achieved by cans

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #2,524 of 7,931
  Hi, you bought from me the 8S. Never unpluged the cable! Best!

If Forrest is conscientious CEO it is impermissible to find these fault  on assembly line!  It is not a hidden problem ! Forrest please tell to your colleagues: - "Hey guys, do not use the cable at assembly if you SEE that one pin is shorter than another!" . Simply, isn't it?
And now I feel unpleasant, because never unpluged the cable? ( similar problem with A83). Bought Atlas - till waiting my Custom Art Harmony - Atlas is not good it is great!
Peace!

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #2,527 of 7,931
After some fiddling, gray+black+gold seems to be my favorite. A lot of people seems to prefer red +gray, but red ULF tends to overshadow other frequency and black LF gives excellent bass response. Gold is definitely the only one that doesn't sound like having recessed mids. However, with gun blue bore it seems red gray sounds really good. I think green bore would match very well with warm amps or someone with high sibilance tolerance. I read somewhere that red gray green is similar to 2000j and I'm glad I chose the flc8s 
gs1000.gif

I didn't expect tuning filters to change this much sound, but man these are amazing...biggest advantage of flc8s IMO is that you can always match it to your liking depending on your setup.

Mar 7, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #2,528 of 7,931
I have a balanced 2-pin cable that fits Westone UM2 - can someone confirm if they would work with FLC 8S?

Anyone tried other balanced or SE 2-pin cables with FLC 8S?

Or alternatively can someone provide the exact specs/dimensions for the stock FLC 8S cable connector pins at the 2-pin side?

Mar 7, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #2,529 of 7,931
  I have a balanced 2-pin cable that fits Westone UM2 - can someone confirm if they would work with FLC 8S?

Anyone tried other 2-pin cables with FLC 8S?

Or alternatively can someone provide the exact specs/dimensions for the stock FLC 8S cable connector pins at the 2-pin side?

0.75mm will work, but 0.74mm are recommended.

Mar 7, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #2,530 of 7,931

Anyone tried other 2-pin cables with FLC 8S?

UE tf10 cable is compatible.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back