FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 6, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #2,477 of 7,931
  Greetings gents or ladies!

May I ask how these compare to the TF10 if anyone has owned/heard both? Thanks!

The T.F 10 has got more upper bass as well as more lower fundamental tone and more distant, thin sounding mids. The FLC8s can be tuned to really just focus on the sub-bass and mid-bass (area below 100 Hz).

I don't want to comment on the technical capabilities, as the character of BA-only multi-drivers and hybrids is just different and imho why a comparison doesn't make much sense (but if I had to do one, I would say TF's bass is quicker and FLC's instrument separation is sharper, FLC sounds more natural (even with red-grey-green) and has the better mids).

Mar 6, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #2,478 of 7,931
Hi all,

I'm currently on the verge of ordering these (my list is between pinnacle p1, savant and flc8s) and wondering if anyone could compare against R2A or R2PRO? My current IEM's are Fischer Amps FA 4E XB and R2A, I much prefer the sig. of the R2A, looking for something with engaging mids and spacious presentation.

Mar 6, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #2,480 of 7,931
Hi all,

I'm currently on the verge of ordering these (my list is between pinnacle p1, savant and flc8s) and wondering if anyone could compare against R2A or R2PRO? My current IEM's are Fischer Amps FA 4E XB and R2A, I much prefer the sig. of the R2A, looking for something with engaging mids and spacious presentation.

If you like the r2a stick with it :) i sold mine though because its too technical.
  would someone please tell me the difference between the FLC8 and 8s? TIA

i believe the cable difference and the gold filter which is mentioned b4 is upgraded?

Mar 6, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #2,481 of 7,931

Hi all,

If you like the r2a stick with it :) i sold mine though because its too technical.
  would someone please tell me the difference between the FLC8 and 8s? TIA

i believe the cable difference and the gold filter which is mentioned b4 is upgraded?

OK Cool, just a few improvements. 

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #2,482 of 7,931
The improvement in the gold nozzle isn't minor. This nozzle in my opinion is what elevated the 8S to a near TOTL IEM. I wouldn't go for the original 8 instead of the 8S despite its more ergonomic cable. The 8S is the way to go.

Mar 6, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #2,483 of 7,931
The improvement in the gold nozzle isn't minor. This nozzle in my opinion is what elevated the 8S to a near TOTL IEM. I wouldn't go for the original 8 instead of the 8S despite its more ergonomic cable. The 8S is the way to go.

Did you compare the two golden nozzles ? I did, I have both and the difference between the two, for me, is almost insignificant. Maybe the new one is warmer and a little bit brighter at the same time but for the life of me I would not certify this is not a figment of my imagination.

Mar 6, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #2,484 of 7,931
I have compared the two. My 8S of course was originally shipped with the improved nozzle. I later bought a spare set of accessories for the original 8 and it came with original nozzle. I would describe the improvement much like you described it, but to a larger degree. IMO, it allows a much more detailed presentation while still avoiding crossing the line into sibilance. None of the other nozzles strike this balance, being either too rolled off or too bright. Of course ,others may experience it differently, but I found the difference pretty significant.

Mar 6, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #2,485 of 7,931
Flcforrestwei is there a noticeable difference between the original and new gold filters? I bought the original FLC8 last April and really mostly use the red/grey/gunmetal combination. I have tried my gold filter and it sounds pretty good but just wondering...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back