FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Sep 11, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #3,016 of 4,896
I'm with you on the 334. I've had my pair since July 2012, and am still highly satisfied (that duration has never, ever, happened with any other piece of portable audio gear I've owned). Granted there are a few high end earphones I haven't had the chance to try still (such as the 1plus2, Kaede/Kuro, Fischer Amps FA-4...), but I doubt they'll pull me away at this point. I had a chance to demo the ASG-2, and despite all the current buzz, I didn't hear them as a challenger to the TG334. I think it'll take something pretty extraordinary to cause me to sell them. Unfortunately I'm not in a position currently to purchase all the IEM's I'd like to hear, so I doubt the necessary comparisons will get a chance to happen. But maybe that's a good thing for my bank account. I'm running the Starlight cable as well, and Ortofon tips.

Methinks you ought to make some time to check out the K3003 :wink:

Sep 11, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #3,017 of 4,896
Methinks you ought to make some time to check out the K3003
wink.gif

Ehhhh, I've heard they're all lacking coherency and any semblance of controlled, accurate bass. 
biggrin.gif

Are you in possession of a pair currently?

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #3,018 of 4,896

Ehhhh, I've heard they're all lacking coherency and any semblance of controlled, accurate bass.

Not only that, but the K3003s have the most awful harsh and grainy treble. Great packaging, though.

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #3,019 of 4,896
Not only that, but the K3003s have the most awful harsh and grainy treble. Great packaging, though.

I've heard they are delivered by an unreasonably attractive woman too, and she requires more than just your signature...

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #3,020 of 4,896
^   That's true, but (true/real) audiophiles don't care about that kind of thing. Let's not forget this is a thread for audiophiles—unlike the K3003 thread, which is all about style, design, expensive watches, cars, motorbikes, keeping up with the Joneses, and... a bit of sleaze.

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #3,021 of 4,896
^   That's true, but (true/real) audiophiles don't care about that kind of thing. Let's not forget this is a thread for audiophiles—unlike the K3003 thread, which is all about style, design, expensive watches, cars, motorbikes, keeping up with the Joneses, and... a bit of sleaze.

Lol, you got that right music.

After a year of owning a pair of 334s I love them even more now than when I first got them.
I've gotta add that if price is of no concern, then the whiplash 8 conductor twag gold is really that little extra in terms of sq improvement, comfort and sheer looks that brings it all home for me. Thats after trying the 001,000 and alo sxc. I'm running mine out of a ms-ak100 and could not be more satisfied with a portable, as far as the cross between portability and sq is concerned. All in my opinion, but this setup brings shame to my lcd3 headtime and I don't care. :wink:

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #3,022 of 4,896
  So I  take it that the Starlight cable is a nice affordable upgrade to the 001 or even the 000? 

I think that could be difficult to say - neither to me really sounds 'better' than the other, but they do sound different.  I'd almost chalk it up to being what works best with your particular source and music/preferences.  

The 000 has the best open hall sound thing going on, the BTG is probably the tightest/brightest but more closed in sounding, the 001 seems to occupy an area somewhere between.  If you're someone who feels that you're hearing something trending toward silibance with the other two, the BTG may push you over the edge.  For me it with the very smooth little microStreamer it rides that edge beautifully.  

Also to note - not sure if I believe in cable burn-in, but I'm on my second Starlight right now (the first had failure in a connector, Brian replaced promptly) and it has about 100 hours on it.  

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #3,023 of 4,896
Looked at the the starlight and found it isn't compatible with fitear CIEMs... Well that's a letdown.

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #3,024 of 4,896
:D

Are you in possession of a pair currently?

Indeed I am. And yeah, you've heard right. The premium packaging and exclusive nature of the phones are the only reason why I'm holdin onto them. Finally, I can galavant and woo heiresses like the best of em. That or they're the best phones I've ever heard. At long last, you can actually pick and choose in this stifled economy!

True dat. I'm gettin measured for some suits, and tradin up for a Submariner, a Bonneville Triumph and takin a lease out on a new Lexus. I don't know how I was ever content with blue jeans on my butt, a Casio on my wrist, and alternating between a Nissan Sentra and a hand me down Huffy back in my 334 days. Thanks AKG, for makin a playa outta me

Sep 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #3,025 of 4,896
Looked at the the starlight and found it isn't compatible with fitear CIEMs... Well that's a letdown.

It just needs a little shaving if you're comfortable with sandpaper or a file.

Sep 11, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #3,027 of 4,896

It just needs a little shaving if you're comfortable with sandpaper or a file.

A friend of mine use BTG Starlight on his FitEar 333. You just need to file a bit of the OM connectors

But then I'll need to get it polished again :p, so the clarity matches.

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #3,028 of 4,896
Hi guys. I need some technical advise just to answer my curiosity.

Yesterday i did careless thing. After i listen my beyer T1 using glacier amp (volume set to high level), i forgot to turn the volume down. And then..i use the same amp to drive my tg334. The first time i press play button..it was shockingly loud (crazily loud). I turn down the volume spontaneously. Luckily...my tg334 still sound normal..i guess.

My question is, do you think this accident can effect the SQ of my tg334? Or maybe will damage the driver someway? I am blind for this kind of matter.

Thank you.
Yon.

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #3,030 of 4,896
Hi guys. I need some technical advise just to answer my curiosity.

Yesterday i did careless thing. After i listen my beyer T1 using glacier amp (volume set to high level), i forgot to turn the volume down. And then..i use the same amp to drive my tg334. The first time i press play button..it was shockingly loud (crazily loud). I turn down the volume spontaneously. Luckily...my tg334 still sound normal..i guess.

My question is, do you think this accident can effect the SQ of my tg334? Or maybe will damage the driver someway? I am blind for this kind of matter.

Thank you.
Yon.

I guess you can just listen and see if you hear any artifacts or statics etc. I won't be too concerned if there isn't anything you can immediately spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back