FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Jul 16, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #2,855 of 4,896
I can see what you are getting at in the pics. Just threw them in quick since it was more about the memory wire.

Oh, your pictures were useful, please don't misunderstand. I was thinking about cable plug ergonomics, is all, for this cable and cables in general. The new CIEM cable from UE, for instance, is angled. I need to ask someone how more practical it really is. Probably Average_Joe.

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #2,856 of 4,896
Oh, your pictures were useful, please don't misunderstand. I was thinking about cable plug ergonomics, is all, for this cable and cables in general. The new CIEM cable from UE, for instance, is angled. I need to ask someone how more practical it really is. Probably Average_Joe.

I have this:

But didn't notice any changes in comfort as a result of the angled connectors. Ymmv

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #2,858 of 4,896
Thank you for your feedback. :cool:

Could you take a picture of these in your ears?

I'm on a trip and don't have these with me at the moment. Will share later but I can't imagine how the connector angle made a difference. But then my 334 sit flushed on my ears even without the cable attached.

Jul 16, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #2,861 of 4,896
Quote:
Well, it is easier without the cable.
tongue.gif

Did you try using the chip strap to help limit cable movement and microphonics?  

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #2,862 of 4,896
Quote:
Anyone  had compare sound presentation between TG334 with Parterre ? specially  mid region?

they really shouldn't be compared at all to be honest, everything is different Parterre has more of the infamous 3khz than the 334. and overall sound is done with that idea of having a feeling of more punch and authority. what people usually mistake for dynamic.
I will make a bad (and false) caricature and say that the parterre is closer to a neutral sound. plz don't go thinking that it sounds like an er4, the f111 already didn't and the Parterre has more bass. and how could I compare the axial imaging of the er4 to the great layered sound of fitear.
the only common thing i get with both Parterre and er4 is the authority they offer. thing I personally find great on classical music but fatiguing on rock. in that perspective I can really get why they would recommend Parterre over 334 for classic.

Quote:

all i see is that the stress point on the cable is moved farther where the ear will support it. so I would bet on better life spawn (unless you decide to sleep on them) .
I've tried some angled plugs like that 2weeks ago and didn't feel any difference. I will probably go for it on my next cables as I was already pretty much doing this by using only 1cm of memory wire right angled on my jh13.

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #2,865 of 4,896
I did a search but couldn't find the answer. Do we know what the stock 001 cable is made of? Silver? Copper? SPC? OCC?

Thanks

I understand 001 is copper, 000 is silver plated copper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back