FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Jul 29, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #2,885 of 4,896
I like the fact that the tips delivered with the 334 are not too deep. Comparing them to the AKG's tips, those are much deeper and can't stay in my ears. The 334 tips are perfect for me.

Which is why I'm looking for extras, but the Ortofon's seem too deep as well from the pix :frowning2:

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #2,886 of 4,896
I like the fact that the tips delivered with the 334 are not too deep. Comparing them to the AKG's tips, those are much deeper and can't stay in my ears. The 334 tips are perfect for me.

Which is why I'm looking for extras, but the Ortofon's seem too deep as well from the pix :frowning2:

I also prefer the stock over ortofon. The ortofons are still very nice and comfortable and may actually make it sound a tad brighter but personally I preferred the stock sound...

Jul 29, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #2,887 of 4,896
imo..the ortofon's silicon somehow clings on to the insides of the ear much better than the stock, resulting in better isolation with comfort...kinda makes the large shell hold onto the ear securely..to my ears they arent that much deeper than the stock tips.

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #2,888 of 4,896
Quote:

My TG!334 is also like yours then.
Large Ortofon tips and BTG Starlight cable :p

beerchug.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #2,889 of 4,896
Was heading down the custom lane and started to see which audiologist I should get an impression from and then I discover this gem.  Looking to upgrade from my current lineup (heir 4ai, shure se535 se, and westone 4r) to pair with the new AK120 that I'm planning.  Seems like these get quite the rave reviews overall even over the JH13pros (which I was headed toward)....I like the fact most think it's far more musical/warm.  Can anyone tell me is the best way to look in Japan or wait for ALO to carry stock?  Seems like either way they aren't really readily available right?  (I read it's because they don't make that many per day etc)  Would love to get my hands on this.....also the talk about the cables, is it consensus the BTG starlight would be the best pairing on the market now?  If so I gotta get that order in too heh.

Jul 29, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #2,890 of 4,896
I'm not sure if the BTG Starlight is the best pairing with the 334 as I've not tried ALO, TWag, 000 etc but all I can say that they are the best value right now coz they are only about 1/3 of the price of the other aftermarket cables.
The cable managed to bring out the extra high and tame a bit of the loose bass. And it's also more flexible compared to the stock 001.
At the moment, the waiting period is only about 2-3 weeks after you placed your order with BTG, while some of the other cables make you wait for at least 2-3 months.

Jul 29, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #2,891 of 4,896
Quote:
I'm not sure if the BTG Starlight is the best pairing with the 334 as I've not tried ALO, TWag, 000 etc but all I can say that they are the best value right now coz they are only about 1/3 of the price of the other aftermarket cables.
The cable managed to bring out the extra high and tame a bit of the loose bass. And it's also more flexible compared to the stock 001.
At the moment, the waiting period is only about 2-3 weeks after you placed your order with BTG, while some of the other cables make you wait for at least 2-3 months.

Thanks for that info.  I am trying to contact BTG now to start an order for it while I hunt down a pair of the tg334.  The feedbacks I read about the ALO/000 etc isn't very positive in terms of the microphonics and flexibility and I need something to go as this primarily will be a togo setup with the AK120.....not a desktop setup where I prefer my headphones probably with the big DAC/AMP stack.  Price seems certainly like a great value, much cheaper than aftermarket cables I'm used to paying for (avid fan of Frank @ toxic cable, asking him to see if he'll do something as well).

Jul 29, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #2,892 of 4,896
Quote:
Was heading down the custom lane and started to see which audiologist I should get an impression from and then I discover this gem.  Looking to upgrade from my current lineup (heir 4ai, shure se535 se, and westone 4r) to pair with the new AK120 that I'm planning.  Seems like these get quite the rave reviews overall even over the JH13pros (which I was headed toward)....I like the fact most think it's far more musical/warm.  Can anyone tell me is the best way to look in Japan or wait for ALO to carry stock?  Seems like either way they aren't really readily available right?  (I read it's because they don't make that many per day etc)  Would love to get my hands on this.....also the talk about the cables, is it consensus the BTG starlight would be the best pairing on the market now?  If so I gotta get that order in too heh.

you need a dead silent source for the 334, they have a crazy sensibility.

I have the old jh13 (not freq phase) and the 334 feels more transparent and it's not that easy of an accomplishment, voices and cymbals are more natural (I never liked the voices on the jh). but I do prefer the tight and super fast bass of  jh13. 334's bass are round and slower (slow for a BA, not real slow) . but it's a question of tastes. and as a universal it is amazing to have this overall quality.  I'm really impressed by the 334. (still wish I could have a custom version in my country)

fitear cables is stiff, I've seen somebody saying that alo cable was also pretty stiff. so I would go with btg just because it doesn't look stiff :)
you should get a cable that is pretty and comfortable, with minimum noise. if you're happy about this, then it will sound better just because you're happy.
that's my belief ^_^.

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #2,893 of 4,896
Quote:
imo..the ortofon's silicon somehow clings on to the insides of the ear much better than the stock, resulting in better isolation with comfort...kinda makes the large shell hold onto the ear securely..to my ears they arent that much deeper than the stock tips.

Do you use large? I have to fight to get a seal with them. They remind me of medium to small tips lol :p.

Jul 30, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #2,894 of 4,896
Quote:
Do you use large? I have to fight to get a seal with them. They remind me of medium to small tips lol :p.

Yeh..I use the large ones. They do remind of medium to small sized tips . At first they seemed to give poor seal, but with time, once they get a little wear and usage ..they 
cling like suction caps..lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back