FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Jun 13, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #2,731 of 4,896
Jun 13, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #2,734 of 4,896
I'm selling the 000 cables and the TG334s in the For Sale forums.  My ears are aching after too much IEM use.  

From you FS photos, your serial no. starts with 82xxx and have glossy finish on the outside right?
Seems like they reverted to the matt black finish for the 83xxx series

Jun 13, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #2,735 of 4,896
Hi utdeep,

May I ask what kind of 100 Ohm resistor and brand you are describing here?

Thanks
Quote:
A while ago, people were talking about how a 100 Ohm resistor might improve the sound of the 334. This was based on Rin's analysis of the IEM. After a couple weeks of testing, I'm happy to report that I have found that the added impedance had tightened up the sub-bass bloat for me. It has made more of a difference than cable changes for me.

Anyone else try this out? I remember the Ety4P to Ety4S transformation with 75 Ohm of additional resistance. This isn't quite like that but it has been nice.

Jun 13, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #2,736 of 4,896
How long is the backorder with Craig?
I am researching to place an order of Whiplash TWag vs Hybrid or 000.

Thanks

Mine took 7 weeks. The wait itself wasn't as bad as not really having much transparency on the changing shipping dates. I would have preferred if I was told I need to wait for ten week and receive it exactly ten weeks later. But I'm happy the moment I got it as the built quality is excellent. I demo'ed a 000 and found it too stiff. Twag v3, even with 8 conductor is easier to handle than 000. However the thickness may present a challenge for those who wear glasses. Didn't have a chance to A/B them so won't comment on sonic difference. I also had some concern on the heat shrink wrapping used for the connectors and preferred overmolding like the stock cable before ordering. I now realize that with 4 wires per connector it may simply be too thick to mold and it seems more durable with the heat shrink wrap.

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #2,737 of 4,896
Sure!  I got seller wemakeamp on eBay to make me a 3.5mm plug resistor with 100Ohm.  Here is one of his current listings:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Etymotic-ER4P-to-ER4S-3-5MM-plug-resistor-adaptor-/281120647603?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item417418a9b3
You just have to request 100Ohm instead of the usual 75Ohm that it takes to turn an Ety4P into an Ety4S.

I had a 334 with a matte finish when I purchased it from Alo Audio a couple of months ago... I'm guessing that was the newer style with the "improved" connectors.  I sold it and recently acquired a 334 of the older style.  I prefer the glossy look and the connectors on it.  It seems like the nozzle on the tips is shorter on the older ones too.  The overall result is that the IEM looked smaller with the older style.    I couldn't tell if there was an audible difference though and Alo Audio's 334 page mentions that there shouldn't be one.

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #2,738 of 4,896
Thanks for the explaination as I've never seen the glossy finish 334. I've just recently acquired brand new 334 from Jaben and was a bit confused at first since it's in matte finish. Alo website indicates that the newer 334 comes with glossy finish

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #2,739 of 4,896
Quote:
Sennheiser cables such as 535 suitable for 334?

if it's the same pins as the HD6XX, HD580, etc. it will. How will it sound? ...let us know what you find.
size]

I actually used my 000 cable more on my hd650 than on the 334's. It improved the low end on the hd650 (tighter) and was very convenient  for moving around the house (portable).

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #2,740 of 4,896
Hi KKCC,

That is very discouraging.
However there are not many alternatives for replacement cable.

Tried ALO and not too impressed.
Try to order 000 but also long waiting list.
BTG and Whiplash also have long delivery.

May as well try the 100 ohm resistor solution + Ortofon tips for immediate impact.

Any suggestions or impressions of what to expect from resistor and ortofon combo?

Thanks

Mine took 7 weeks. The wait itself wasn't as bad as not really having much transparency on the changing shipping dates. I would have preferred if I was told I need to wait for ten week and receive it exactly ten weeks later. But I'm happy the moment I got it as the built quality is excellent. I demo'ed a 000 and found it too stiff. Twag v3, even with 8 conductor is easier to handle than 000. However the thickness may present a challenge for those who wear glasses. Didn't have a chance to A/B them so won't comment on sonic difference. I also had some concern on the heat shrink wrapping used for the connectors and preferred overmolding like the stock cable before ordering. I now realize that with 4 wires per connector it may simply be too thick to mold and it seems more durable with the heat shrink wrap.

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #2,741 of 4,896
Hi Utdeep,

Thanks for the input.
Will try to contact them.

Sure!  I got seller wemakeamp on eBay to make me a 3.5mm plug resistor with 100Ohm.  Here is one of his current listings:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Etymotic-ER4P-to-ER4S-3-5MM-plug-resistor-adaptor-/281120647603?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item417418a9b3
You just have to request 100Ohm instead of the usual 75Ohm that it takes to turn an Ety4P into an Ety4S.

I had a 334 with a matte finish when I purchased it from Alo Audio a couple of months ago... I'm guessing that was the newer style with the "improved" connectors.  I sold it and recently acquired a 334 of the older style.  I prefer the glossy look and the connectors on it.  It seems like the nozzle on the tips is shorter on the older ones too.  The overall result is that the IEM looked smaller with the older style.    I couldn't tell if there was an audible difference though and Alo Audio's 334 page mentions that there shouldn't be one.

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #2,743 of 4,896
These are really hard to get. ALO only have 4 of these in stock every few weeks. Everytime when I got email notice from them, all had been sold out. 
frown.gif

Jun 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #2,745 of 4,896
Anyone know how many of these are in existence?  Are we looking at something closer to 100 or 1000?  I imagine there's a pretty substantial blind zone of ownership from the Japanese market which may dwarf the representation on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back