FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
May 9, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #2,597 of 4,896
More comfortable?
Is that TG334 need to change a better cable?May be 001  is enough?
Ah, ergonomics. Between the two, I'd pick the ALO. Between the ALO & 001, I'd pick the 001. Between the 001 & BTG, I'd pick the BTG.

But if its SQ, for my tastes, I'd pick the 000 first, BTG next, 001, & finally ALO. But that's just my SQ preference.

May 9, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #2,598 of 4,896
To be honest 000 shouldn't be considered at all if ergonomics is what you're after. 000 is the stiffest, most microphonic, least comfortable FitEar cable around.

The SQ improvement 000 gives is quite audible to my ears though, so I don't mind dealing with the ergonomic issues.

May 9, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #2,599 of 4,896
I have made a few observations on the alo, 000 and my newfound love, the whiplash twag gold 8 within this thread. Search my posts on the subject and you may at least get some pointers on their differences, all in my opinion of course.

More comfortable?
Is that TG334 need to change a better cable?May be 001  is enough?
Ah, ergonomics. Between the two, I'd pick the ALO. Between the ALO & 001, I'd pick the 001. Between the 001 & BTG, I'd pick the BTG.

But if its SQ, for my tastes, I'd pick the 000 first, BTG next, 001, & finally ALO. But that's just my SQ preference.

I totally agree with Sean on this, not counting the BTG that I have not tried, and adding the whiplash that rules them all in terms of sq, build quality and comfort for me.

May 9, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #2,601 of 4,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIVEBL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

....But it really look like a whiplash

7817350-profile-view-of-a-female-eye-with-bright-blue-make-up-and-long-black-false-eyelashes.jpg

May 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #2,602 of 4,896
May 15, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #2,604 of 4,896
Quote:
I have had the BTG for some time now.

I HIGHLY prefer it to the stock cable, both in terms of ergonomics and sound. This cable is awesome.

Highly agree....

May 15, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #2,605 of 4,896
Goody to hear about the BTG cables. I think they look like a quality product for the money. It's a shame the 334 stock cable seems to be lacking in utility though. Stiff + microphonic doesn't sound like the best of combos. I guess I'll see how viable a cable upgrade will be when my pair get here

May 15, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #2,606 of 4,896
Yes it is a shame that they're hindered like that by the stock cable. It's amazing how much the BTG cable plus the Ortofon ear tips help bring out the treble and increase the sense of space. The combination takes them from a somewhat laid back, dark-'ish' IEM to one which is very balanced, and even more detailed, transparent, and spacious. 

May 15, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #2,607 of 4,896
Quote:
Goody to hear about the BTG cables. I think they look like a quality product for the money. It's a shame the 334 stock cable seems to be lacking in utility though. Stiff + microphonic doesn't sound like the best of combos. I guess I'll see how viable a cable upgrade will be when my pair get here

Hmm..I am not too sure, I rather like the 001 cable, sonically it is fine, and one just needs more attention to maintaining it better...such as rolling the memory wire around your index finger once a week, as it loosens quite quickly. Have the memory wire angled towards the face so it acts as a spring holding the earpiece in....well these are all pretty basic knowledge in managing cables. The cable does more than just transfer the signal after all, fit and comfort depends on it and the adjustments you make..........

Secondly, I always button the cable through my shirt near the top and at near the bottom...this eliminates microphonics at least for me....I do this for every cable when I am out and about. This works for the 000 cable too
size]

May 15, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #2,608 of 4,896
Hmm..I am not too sure, I rather like the 001 cable, sonically it is fine, and one just needs more attention to maintaining it better...such as rolling the memory wire around your index finger once a week, as it loosens quite quickly. Have the memory wire angled towards the face so it acts as a spring holding the earpiece in....well these are all pretty basic knowledge in managing cables. The cable does more than just transfer the signal after all, fit and comfort depends on it and the adjustments you make..........

Secondly, I always button the cable through my shirt near the top and at near the bottom...this eliminates microphonics at least for me....I do this for every cable when I am out and about. This works for the 000 cable too
size]

I appreciate the tips Gavin. I haven't received the 334 yet so I'm just goin by hearsay, where the cable is described as quite stiff and microphonic. I guess I'm just used to braided cables like the Westone Elite or ones like the SUI, FX-500 where the cables are supple and don't exhibit noise. I'll know more when they come in and decide whether a BTG is needed.

May 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #2,610 of 4,896
Anyone care to compare the whiplash vs the BTG? I'm looking for a wider soundstage and don't really care about ergonomics or microphonic issues , which cable would give me best results?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back