FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Oct 11, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #1,007 of 4,896
I received my FitEar 334s today. The mids are very natural and clear sounding. They have the best mids I've ever heard on a headphone of any type, similar timbre to the HiFiMAN RE262 but cleaner. The bass is slightly emphasized and extends very low. The treble sounds too dry and not airy enough, perhaps due to poor extension. Its a very enjoyable IEM but not quite to my tastes due to the treble. The prefer the treble of the Hifiman RE0 and RE262. I'll hang on to my FitEar 334s for a while to see if they grow on me.

They are best described as an Audeze LCD2 in the form of an IEM. If you like the LCD2s you'll like the FitEar 334s. However, I'm looking for an IEM that resembles my Fostex TH900.

Isolation is excellent. You can remove the detachable cable and use them as earplugs for concerts, loud clubs and whatnot.

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #1,008 of 4,896
The Westone ES5 and Fitear TG!334, while they are very very different, are both described as sounding similar to LCD2.

In my experience the ES5 is much closer to the LCD2 than the TG!334 but I guess different people will notice different differences and similarities =)

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #1,009 of 4,896
Quote:
I received my FitEar 334s today. The mids are very natural and clear sounding. They have the best mids I've ever heard on a headphone of any type, similar timbre to the HiFiMAN RE262 but cleaner. The bass is slightly emphasized and extends very low. The treble sounds too dry and not airy enough, perhaps due to poor extension. Its a very enjoyable IEM but not quite to my tastes due to the treble. The prefer the treble of the Hifiman RE0 and RE262. I'll hang on to my FitEar 334s for a while to see if they grow on me.
They are best described as an Audeze LCD2 in the form of an IEM. If you like the LCD2s you'll like the FitEar 334s. However, I'm looking for an IEM that resembles my Fostex TH900.
Isolation is excellent. You can remove the detachable cable and use them as earplugs for concerts, loud clubs and whatnot.

That would make for a very pricey set of earplugs for concert going!

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #1,010 of 4,896
Quote:
The Westone ES5 and Fitear TG!334, while they are very very different, are both described as sounding similar to LCD2.

In my experience the ES5 is much closer to the LCD2 than the TG!334 but I guess different people will notice different differences and similarities =)

Do you own the 334s anymore? I don't see it as so in your signature :wink:.

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #1,011 of 4,896
Quote:

I would never describe a ES5 as LCD2. They are completely different... ES5 emphasize upper-mid to high range of frequency... 

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #1,014 of 4,896
Quote:
How do you like the sound?

Well, in comparison to getting twag on the w4r, this was a very subtle difference. The 334 obviously comes with much better stock cable than the w4, and the iem itself is on another level, so I guess that's expected. However a slight increase in detail is possible to tell, along with less microphonics and more "memory". So, as far as taking my rig to it's full potential I'm happy with the upgrade.

Oct 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #1,015 of 4,896
Quote:
  I would never describe a ES5 as LCD2. They are completely different...

+2... The LCD-2 is mid-recessed, despite what people say. Just because mids are clear doesn't mean that a headphone isn't mid-recessed.

Quote:
  How does the Fitear TG!334 compare to the Shure SE535LTD?

Quote:
  I haven't heard the LTD but heard the SE530 and 535. There is absolutely no comparison. Just mentioning them in the same sentence is a joke :wink:.

Funny question. But yes, the short answer is like what lee730 stated --- there's no comparison. I've always found the Shure 535, regular or LTD-J, to sap resolution. It also doesn't have a very black background. The 334 is the opposite in that it has perhaps the blackest background (what I take as a clean impulse response and smooth frequency response) of any IEM I've heard. The LTD-J is actually peakier than the regular 535 because it has a stronger high pass filter, and a different damper value, so while it has more present highs, it isn't nearly as smooth. It's hard to get into more depth than this. I like the LTD-J, but it doesn't compete on the same level as the 334.

Oct 11, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #1,018 of 4,896
Quote:
So what turned you off from it? Was is the Japanese signature for the bass :wink:. Japanese stereos tend to have that "house sound" to the bass. It's a love hate relationship. A very condensed sound but still very nice.

Its the fit, not the sound. I don't have luck with universal.

It doesn't have those typical Japanese sound sig though.

Oct 11, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #1,019 of 4,896
Quote:
The treble sounds too dry and not airy enough, perhaps due to poor extension. Its a very enjoyable IEM but not quite to my tastes due to the treble.  
 I'm looking for an IEM that resembles my Fostex TH900.

Another one bites the dust
biggrin.gif
. I came from the same school as you.. The TH900 treble is another league of its own.

Oct 12, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #1,020 of 4,896
Quote:
Another one bites the dust
biggrin.gif
. I came from the same school as you.. The TH900 treble is another league of its own.

You got rid of your TG!334 too!? I found the TG!334 to compliment the TH-900...I'm happy with both but wouldn't give up one without the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back