FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Oct 6, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #991 of 4,896
Quote:
I quite agree.

Still I find it strange buying so expensive iem's if you're not gonna feed them right. Not saying that you can't tell the difference between the w4r's and the 334's straight out of an ipod nano, that's a given for sure. Not having colour tv does not mean you can't see the shows! 
wink.gif

My twag-cabled w4r's sounds better off this rig than a pair of 334's straight out of an ipod, unquestionable.

If you're color-blind or have tin-ear then it may not matter :wink:.

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #992 of 4,896
Quote:
Ok thanks for trouble, I appreciate it. Sounds like leckerton may be the choice.. Harsh and pitch black is what I think will go very well with fitear.. Now gotta order it and test it out.
Thanks folks I will report back whatever amp I try.

It's a bit different from harsh. What I mean to say is Op-Amp 209 is extremely revealing. With that I don't find the amp to really remove itself from the equation because it's showing you flaws that generally won't be a part of the recording to begin with (digital artifacts produced from converting from analog to digital). Although I do get the sense that there is more focus on the treble due to the added transparency/clarity. It's more fatiguing for me with long sessions and I have to listen at lower volumes. Although this can be beneficial, for me it then makes things boring because I want to go a bit louder but cannot comfortably. But if you love this type of thing then more power to you. It works well on certain tracks for me but is not my preferred Op-Amp. We all do hear things differently :).

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #993 of 4,896
How about skipping the Pico slim entirely in that picture, you just tape the UD100 to the back of your phone and connect the MH334 directly?  Adjust volume in a media player like Neutron, with upsampling and dither.

Yeah will this work? Connect directly to s3? This will be the ultimate portability. Dragon fly failed, hope this works..

Why did it fail?  I have an ES9023 DAC where I could listen directly from the RCA out, volume was a little low but should be fine with sensitive IEM's.

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #994 of 4,896
Quote:
Here is a pic of the SPC version of the BTG-Audio Sunrise cable.  Soon to follow is a FitEar version that will look just like this.  I'm particularly looking forward to it, as the Sunrise memory wire section is a very good length and I think it will help hold the bulky TG334 housings in place better.  I like the stock cable but it's memory wire doesn't have much memory...

Sign me up! I actually emailed BTG-Audio a couple weeks ago asking if they were planning to make exactly what you describe above. Any idea when it's going to be ready?

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #995 of 4,896
Quote:
Sign me up! I actually emailed BTG-Audio a couple weeks ago asking if they were planning to make exactly what you describe above. Any idea when it's going to be ready?

AFAIK, it'll have to be a little longer; the last I heard, there were some minor delays with the molding factory. It'll be ready soon, though. I'm looking forward to it as well.

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #996 of 4,896
Quote:

How about skipping the Pico slim entirely in that picture, you just tape the UD100 to the back of your phone and connect the MH334 directly?  Adjust volume in a media player like Neutron, with upsampling and dither.

The UD100 isn't designed to drive headphones directly, and I believe it has high output impedance. The phone volume control works fine, but on the 334s the bass is heavily rolled off, and possibly the highs a bit too. The headphone out sounds much better, so I wouldn't recommend this setup.

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #997 of 4,896
Quote:

Quote:

AFAIK, it'll have to be a little longer; the last I heard, there were some minor delays with the molding factory. It'll be ready soon, though. I'm looking forward to it as well.

Perhaps as soon as 4 to 6 weeks?

Quote:
At the risk of derailing this thread, might you have a quick word on the O2 vs the leckerton? I'm buying one when they're back in stock but I'm wondering if I should bother. You could use the FitEar as a comparison to stay on topic if you'd like. Thanks!

I had already let the O2 go by the time I bought the TG334.  If you want some general thoughts on the two amps, shoot me a PM.

Oct 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #998 of 4,896
Why did it fail?  I have an ES9023 DAC where I could listen directly from the RCA out, volume was a little low but should be fine with sensitive IEM's.

One of them tried and connect directly with s3 and it didn't work and he was suspecting underpower may be the issue. he has not tried with a powerhub. I almost pull the trigger to go with s3.

Which es9023 dac are u using, I dun mind low volume.

Oct 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #999 of 4,896
It's a bit different from harsh. What I mean to say is Op-Amp 209 is extremely revealing. With that I don't find the amp to really remove itself from the equation because it's showing you flaws that generally won't be a part of the recording to begin with (digital artifacts produced from converting from analog to digital). Although I do get the sense that there is more focus on the treble due to the added transparency/clarity. It's more fatiguing for me with long sessions and I have to listen at lower volumes. Although this can be beneficial, for me it then makes things boring because I want to go a bit louder but cannot comfortably. But if you love this type of thing then more power to you. It works well on certain tracks for me but is not my preferred Op-Amp. We all do hear things differently :).

For me, my ear is spoilt by higher treble phone all this while so when I tune back to fitear, I find it a little dull.. It's not like the details are gone or anything like that. I would say the sound is very detail and full. But just hope to get the high lifted up a bit. The fitear sound very thick and its even much fuller than hd650, it just has this magic of surround and full size power that keeps me coming back for more. It makes the hd650 thin and light by direct comparison.I did up the treble frequency by a little and its the perfect sound I wanted. Cymbal crash lightly are vivid and visible at low volume. Without the eq, I need to raise the volume to feel the cymbals.

There is a setback in eq, it's tilting the fr in way that is not being originally recorded. So I was hoping to naturally bring the treble up a little with no eq. Yes by organic to say...

I just hope to get the treble up to a level similar to the treble being switch on, on a ipod, but by organically.

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #1,000 of 4,896
Quote:
For me, my ear is spoilt by higher treble phone all this while so when I tune back to fitear, I find it a little dull.. It's not like the details are gone or anything like that. I would say the sound is very detail and full. But just hope to get the high lifted up a bit. The fitear sound very thick and its even much fuller than hd650, it just has this magic of surround and full size power that keeps me coming back for more. It makes the hd650 thin and light by direct comparison.I did up the treble frequency by a little and its the perfect sound I wanted. Cymbal crash lightly are vivid and visible at low volume. Without the eq, I need to raise the volume to feel the cymbals.
There is a setback in eq, it's tilting the fr in way that is not being originally recorded. So I was hoping to naturally bring the treble up a little with no eq. Yes by organic to say...
I just hope to get the treble up to a level similar to the treble being switch on, on a ipod, but by organically.

I actually found the treble to be quite adequate. A tad hot but nothing bad at all. I don't think I'd want to add more emphasis on it though :p. I was surprised at how thick the sound was as you had said. I actually liked the presentation. I think it's on the funner side of neutral if that makes any sense.

Oct 8, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #1,001 of 4,896
Which es9023 dac are u using, I dun mind low volume.

It's not listed there anymore but it cost $299 and it's like the AKD-23 including a HiFace USB 24/192 section on the same board, it can drive headphones or IEM's directly from the RCA outs, however in my experience it sounded best with speakers improving precision and depth of holography however with hospital-like sterility, the music sounds a bit like Chlorine.

https://sites.google.com/site/ackodac/home

So, it's like a precision knife, rather than a fountain pen or doves feather.

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #1,002 of 4,896
Quote:
The Pico slim may just be the amp that Audiowood needs if he wants the overall sound to be brighter
smily_headphones1.gif

This. The Pico Slim is one of the coolest pieces of audio technology that I have ever owned. It is tiny, super clean and has a great volume control. It's a beautiful piece of kit. However it was too bright for me, I being treble averse.

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #1,003 of 4,896
This. The Pico Slim is one of the coolest pieces of audio technology that I have ever owned. It is tiny, super clean and has a great volume control. It's a beautiful piece of kit. However it was too bright for me, I being treble averse.

Good very good.. This is what I need.. I am sold.. Just pull the trigger.

Thanks, for all the help, I will report back.

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #1,005 of 4,896
Quote:
Here is a pic of the SPC version of the BTG-Audio Sunrise cable.  Soon to follow is a FitEar version that will look just like this.  I'm particularly looking forward to it, as the Sunrise memory wire section is a very good length and I think it will help hold the bulky TG334 housings in place better.  I like the stock cable but it's memory wire doesn't have much memory...

Just wanted to report that I got my SXC 24 cable from Alo today, and it also has alot more "memory" than the standard one. Quite comfortable but not as good looking as that puppy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back