FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Mar 23, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #3,451 of 4,896
yup I have 1x and 2.5x.
you can turn the 6x or whatever into 1x by just cutting the right resistor like a messy barbarian(explainations and pics on nwavguy's blog)
actually the o2 is ok for most IEMs and I'm guessing that all knobs don't go imbalanced at the same point. it's just that the 334 is one hell of a sensitive fellow.

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #3,452 of 4,896
  yup I have 1x and 2.5x.
you can turn the 6x or whatever into 1x by just cutting the right resistor like a messy barbarian(explainations and pics on nwavguy's blog)
actually the o2 is ok for most IEMs and I'm guessing that all knobs don't go imbalanced at the same point. it's just that the 334 is one hell of a sensitive fellow.

Yep that's what I did with the mod I mentioned in my prior post. Still not quite the headroom I wanted but it was enough to get by with the IE80s.

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #3,453 of 4,896
yup I have 1x and 2.5x.

That might not play well with the ladies. Some prefer the insensitive type :wink:

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #3,455 of 4,896
Managed to get the 000 cable for my TG334.. First listen my jaw literally dropped on the floor..

Mar 26, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #3,456 of 4,896
So, I've placed an order for the JDS OBJECTIVE2. What I expect, pray and hope for is that it will enable me to adjust the volume of the sound that comes straight out of my CLAS -dB DAC into my 334. If it works it'll be a dream come true. Anyway, and as "they" say, if anything sounds too good to be true, chances are it isn't it. Well, we'll see...

Mar 26, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #3,457 of 4,896
  Managed to get the 000 cable for my TG334.. First listen my jaw literally dropped on the floor..

You just got to give me some details, please! I just can't believe in cables (wish I could) and consequently never tried it. I wish as was wrong though as anything that is able to improve SQ is more than welcome. Now, I'm just assuming your jaw dropped on the floor because you were impressed? Or, was it the other way around?
popcorn.gif

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #3,459 of 4,896
it would be nice to measure the impedance difference and level of crosstalk of both cables.
I think the more expensive one has 1ground cable for each side instead of a common one. it ends up in the same ground ring on the jack, but it surely changes a few little things. also silver or silver platted instead of copper if I remember right?
well the cost difference is really to much for that stiff cable. I'll stick with my 18$ impedance adapters and crossfeed options.

Mar 27, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #3,460 of 4,896
  You just got to give me some details, please! I just can't believe in cables (wish I could) and consequently never tried it. I wish as was wrong though as anything that is able to improve SQ is more than welcome. Now, I'm just assuming your jaw dropped on the floor because you were impressed? Or, was it the other way around?
popcorn.gif

000 cable is twice as thick and stiff then the 001 cable. Do note if u really dislike stiff cable...However the 000 cable bring out what should be the sound of the TG334. Soundstage is wider (very prominent). Low, mid and high all got more extension to them... Bass does goes deeper.. i would say if the 000 cable bring out 100% capabilities of the TG334 then the 001 cable only about 70%. There is more depth in the 000 cable...I am super impressed.. 

I tried the Nocturnal Audio hybrid cable (copper+ silver) although there are improvement in mid and high, low more extension too but lost its depth and prat. Soundstage is mess up. As most third party cable makers does not have fitear connectors terminate for audition purposes u need to purchase with a leap in faith.. i find that it is a waste of time and $$$.. and i believe fitear they know what they are doing. Their ingenious tuning of their IEM and CIEM drivers show what they are capable of. 

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #3,462 of 4,896
  anyone tried the BTG starlight cable and the 000 cable or ALO SX24 cable for that matter?  

I bought my 334 used and it came with the Starlight and 001 cables. Haven't really used the 001, but the Starlight is a very nice cable. I have another Starlight with a different termination.

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #3,463 of 4,896
I have a Starlight cable I have not posted for sale, but it's currently only serving as a backup. BTG makes good cables, and hate to see it sitting around.  If anyone is interested, please pm me.

Mar 27, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #3,464 of 4,896
I'm just curious if the BTG Starlight cable competes at all with the 000 cable. I've never heard the 000 cable but quite interested. I didn't really care for the ALO cable because of how stiff it was and the sound wasn't a huge improvement over stock 001. The BTG cable is slightly better than 001 IMO but if the 000 cable brings it up another notch, then I'm sold. Thanks for any input.

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #3,465 of 4,896
I'm just curious if the BTG Starlight cable competes at all with the 000 cable. I've never heard the 000 cable but quite interested. I didn't really care for the ALO cable because of how stiff it was and the sound wasn't a huge improvement over stock 001. The BTG cable is slightly better than 001 IMO but if the 000 cable brings it up another notch, then I'm sold. Thanks for any input.

My 2 yen worth,

These are my thoughts from a very brief impression. To be honest I round it hard pressed to tell the diff between the 000 & the BTG cable. In terms of price, sonics, and ergonomic the BTG makes sense. It's not sonically better than the 000 but a $100 cable that sounds on par with a $300, it's a no-brainer.

The only thing though about that particular BTG cable (as that was the only one I experienced) was its durability.  It belonged to a friend of mine and initially one channel was partially cutting out. I was told recently that the cutout is now permanent. Possibly it was the rare odd case.

Meanwhile, I'm still on my 000 since I already have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back