FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
Jul 22, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #601 of 902
Quote:
  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that once my ears got used to the stabbing, my ER4S became quite comfortable. I wear them for hours, and it's like having fluffy down pillows in my ears. Of course ymmv.

Stockholm Syndrome
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #602 of 902
Quote:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that once my ears got used to the stabbing, my ER4S became quite comfortable. I wear them for hours, and it's like having fluffy down pillows in my ears. Of course ymmv.

+1, I have no problem with ER4S, took me one month to get used to it but after that never any problem. 

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #603 of 902
i dunno...  $600 for a single BA, no matter how good, seems to be a little excessive.

Jul 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #605 of 902
Jul 22, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #609 of 902
the F111 I could try for a few minutes had something nasty going on with one precise frequency in the high mids or highs (didn't take time to find out where it was sorry).
I wondered if it was that particular piece of IEM or if you guys also had that experience.
how could I define what I felt... like there was one micro spike of ... say +4db. and everything before and after was ok. 

this stopped me from buying one and made me believe the Parterre was clearly better. even if I preferred the less kicking signature of the f111.
f111 has a nice imaging (er4 is like 1dimension and f111 is 3D), above ok details and nice medium. I agree with gnarlsagan, its tonality did sound right (to my ears), really close to what I would call balanced.

I find this expensive for a single BA driver, but it does pack up a few qualities, and just for the great comfort, I don't dismiss the idea of getting one (or a big brother). 

I really didn't like the cable, but that can be dealt with ^_^. 
are the IEM connectors similar to To go! 334(kind of sennheiser hd600 copycat) ? I'm really an idiot and didn't look.

Jul 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #610 of 902
Quote:
  the F111 I could try for a few minutes had something nasty going on with one precise frequency in the high mids or highs (didn't take time to find out where it was sorry). I wondered if it was that particular piece of IEM or if you guys also had that experience. how could I define what I felt... like there was one micro spike of ... say +4db. and everything before and after was ok.

Some people are more sensitive in the 3k area, and that's probably what you're referring to. If I  I wouldn't say it is a spike or a "micro spike", though, as the F111 has always felt to be the smoothest transitioning IEM that I've ever used (haven't tried the Parterre). I did a lot of sine frequency sweeps with it, and it was beyond smooth in every way.

Jul 23, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #611 of 902
Quote:
Quote:
  the F111 I could try for a few minutes had something nasty going on with one precise frequency in the high mids or highs (didn't take time to find out where it was sorry). I wondered if it was that particular piece of IEM or if you guys also had that experience. how could I define what I felt... like there was one micro spike of ... say +4db. and everything before and after was ok.

Some people are more sensitive in the 3k area, and that's probably what you're referring to. If I  I wouldn't say it is a spike or a "micro spike", though, as the F111 has always felt to be the smoothest transitioning IEM that I've ever used (haven't tried the Parterre). I did a lot of sine frequency sweeps with it, and it was beyond smooth in every way.

Oh no what I heard was higher than 2-5Khz for sure, as I am indeed sensitive to 3Khz feeling of punch and do rant a lot about how I'm afraid of those freqs ^_^.
It was really a micro spike, something that could make let's say 9.5khz strong, and 9.4 or 9.7khz unnoticeable (fictional values, no dog was hurt in the making up of those numbers)
if you guys don't notice it, then it isn't on your f111 as my case couldn't be ignored after only 2songs. that's reassuring, it means only 1 had the problem for whatever reason (maybe what I heard was something vibrating that entered the bore)

Jul 25, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #612 of 902
Just received my f111 and wow, I am impressed (had the se535 for two years). The fit is mega comfortable with the standard medium earbuds although I am waiting for some ortofons. I would say they remind me of the ER4P in terms of musical clarity....it seems to deliver the naked truth about your recorded sources (heard some artefacts in some of my equalized recordings that I never really noticed with the shures). I am a slight bass head and I find these earphones does not colour the bass at all. If I want more punch to my bass I set my arrow 4T to setting number one and leave the treble setting at 0 since the F111 delivers this beautifully without the need for enhancement.

After saying all this, I am curious about the ASG-2 with it's double BA setup and adjustments for bass.

Can anyone tell me what advantages would I have over the F111 if I purchased an asg-2?

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #613 of 902
Quote:
Just received my f111 and wow, I am impressed (had the se535 for two years). The fit is mega comfortable with the standard medium earbuds although I am waiting for some ortofons. I would say they remind me of the ER4P in terms of musical clarity....it seems to deliver the naked truth about your recorded sources (heard some artefacts in some of my equalized recordings that I never really noticed with the shures). I am a slight bass head and I find these earphones does not colour the bass at all. If I want more punch to my bass I set my arrow 4T to setting number one and leave the treble setting at 0 since the F111 delivers this beautifully without the need for enhancement.

After saying all this, I am curious about the ASG-2 with it's double BA setup and adjustments for bass.

Can anyone tell me what advantages would I have over the F111 if I purchased an asg-2?

More bass. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back