FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
Jul 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #617 of 902
The F111 is a more linear and accurate iem than the ASG-2 imo. There will be measurements out soon, so I'd definitely wait for those if I were you.

Jul 26, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #620 of 902
For my ears the F111 isolates as well as i have tried. Perhaps i am lucky with them. Also agree that they are very linear. 

Jul 27, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #621 of 902
Hi guys! 
size]

I'm sorry if this will sound a bit stupid but has anyone here owned or tried the Westone 2? Reading through this thread has made me very curious about the F111 and I've been seriously contemplating about getting one. I was wondering if anyone can help me pinpoint how different / similar the F111 is from the W2. I cannot exactly audition one where I'm from so asking questions is the only way I'd get an idea. I'm sort of a mid-head and from what i've read the F111 seems to have really good mids. I've already asked HeroicPenguin about his opinions on the F111 and based on what he said I think I would love this. I just want to have an idea of what to expect coming from a W2. Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot! 

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #622 of 902
Hi guys! 
size]

I'm sorry if this will sound a bit stupid but has anyone here owned or tried the Westone 2? Reading through this thread has made me very curious about the F111 and I've been seriously contemplating about getting one. I was wondering if anyone can help me pinpoint how different / similar the F111 is from the W2. I cannot exactly audition one where I'm from so asking questions is the only way I'd get an idea. I'm sort of a mid-head and from what i've read the F111 seems to have really good mids. I've already asked HeroicPenguin about his opinions on the F111 and based on what he said I think I would love this. I just want to have an idea of what to expect coming from a W2. Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot! 

If you love mids then the F111 will be great for you. It has both more mids and treble than the W2. The F111's treble while more present is still rather polite compared to say any twfk based iem. Vocals are more detailed and accurate to my ears, as are cymbals and violins, because of the comparatively emphasised mids and treble.

Overall I think it would be a great upgrade for you because it still retains the downward sloping signature of the W2 without being too aggressive or different in any one area.

Jul 27, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #624 of 902
Quote:
If you love mids then the F111 will be great for you. It has both more mids and treble than the W2. The F111's treble while more present is still rather polite compared to say any twfk based iem. Vocals are more detailed and accurate to my ears, as are cymbals and violins, because of the comparatively emphasised mids and treble.

Overall I think it would be a great upgrade for you because it still retains the downward sloping signature of the W2 without being too aggressive or different in any one area.

Do you think the sound improvement is significant enough to warrant the upgrade? What I'm looking for right now is something that would give me the "magical mids" feeling. haha. Or do you think I'm better off upgrading to something else? :) Also, in terms of bass, would you say it has better or equal quality / quantity compared to the W2? 
size]

Jul 28, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #625 of 902
Quote:

Do you think the sound improvement is significant enough to warrant the upgrade? What I'm looking for right now is something that would give me the "magical mids" feeling. haha. Or do you think I'm better off upgrading to something else? :) Also, in terms of bass, would you say it has better or equal quality / quantity compared to the W2? 
size]

That's a really difficult question to answer, given that people hear somewhat differently. I'll try to explain the differences between them a bit further and then give my personal opinion. 

First, I recommend checking out Rin's measurements of the F111 and W2. Bass is similar, except for the W2 has a very noticeable amount more in comparison to the mids and treble. See that dip starting at 2kHz and going to ~4-5kHz on the W2? That's pretty important for mids. The vocals produced by the F111 sound much more forward and detailed and less dark to my ears than the W2. 

For treble they look and sound somewhat similar, although the W2 looks more extended. When listening to the W2, however, the extra extension isn't very obvious. I would probably still eq everything above 9kHz, just like I do on the F111.

Now, for me personally, the mids are the most important part of the FR. And in my opinion the mids of the F111 are much much better than the mids of the W2. In fact, I haven't heard anything with mids as good as the F111, except the ER4S (which I think might be too much of a change for you). F111 mids are more accurate in every way to me. Timbre, tonality etc. People do hear mids differently, but the F111's mids should sound quite accurate to the average ear. This is where graphs come in handy imo, because you can learn how you hear compared to an objective standard. For example, one could prefer something warmer than diffuse field standard, and use that to make judgements about future purchases. I know about my own listening preferences that I enjoy mids that adhere closely to a DF standard. So I look for that, and available measurements can show me options within my preference for that.

Moving on, the bass is tighter on the F111, and won't sound as prominent as on the W2, so if you want more emphasis the F111 won't give you that. Tighter bass in this case translates to better detail and timbre imo, a definite improvement. As for treble, if you're satisfied with the W2 then I think you'll be satisfied with the F111. They are similar enough to my ears.

Overall, I'd say that if you're looking for "magical mids", tighter bass and relaxed treble, then the F111 is for you, and is very much a worthy upgrade from the W2. 

Jul 28, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #627 of 902
Gnarlsagan, you should make a review. I think you're past the honeymoon and I see my thoughts on the F111 when I read you.
I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy this.

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #628 of 902
What are the differences between the f111, Parterre and Togo 334?

Thinking of maybe buying the Parterre but this is much less expensive. In terms of sound preference I like something that has nice intimate vocals, neutral and tight bass, good treble extension and a big soundstage. The music I listen to are rock, metal, female vocals, Jazz, Post rock, Indie, instrumentals, Classical, Jpop, Jrock.

Which one should I go for based on my preferences?

Jul 28, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #629 of 902
Quote:
What are the differences between the f111, Parterre and Togo 334?

Thinking of maybe buying the Parterre but this is much less expensive. In terms of sound preference I like something that has nice intimate vocals, neutral and tight bass, good treble extension and a big soundstage. The music I listen to are rock, metal, female vocals, Jazz, Post rock, Indie, instrumentals, Classical, Jpop, Jrock.

Which one should I go for based on my preferences?

tight bass you can forget 334 they have the roundest bass I've heard on a BA.
trebles are good on all of them but I wouldn't say extended as they all roll off pretty soon.
soundstage is no problem you'll be very satisfied with any of them.
I did a review on the Parterre and I'll try to finish on the 334 next week(but you can already read a lot of reliable information about the 334)
they have more than just simple differences but in a nutshell f111 very neutral, parterre more bass, 334 even more and rounder bass. and on pure sound technicalities they go up with the price :'( .

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #630 of 902
Quote:
tight bass you can forget 334 they have the roundest bass I've heard on a BA.
trebles are good on all of them but I wouldn't say extended as they all roll off pretty soon.
soundstage is no problem you'll be very satisfied with any of them.
I did a review on the Parterre and I'll try to finish on the 334 next week(but you can already read a lot of reliable information about the 334)
they have more than just simple differences but in a nutshell f111 very neutral, parterre more bass, 334 even more and rounder bass. and on pure sound technicalities they go up with the price :'( .

Thanks for the reply. Which one has the best/realistic vocals and instrument separation? Also what qualities/genres are they best at?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back